| "It's our policy not to comment on ongoing operations, but I can assure you that S.H.I.E.L.D. has the situation completely under control."|
The specific order and/or accurate dates presented in this article has never been confirmed by Marvel Studios, and therefore it can be inaccurate, incomplete, or partial.
This is a timeline of events that occurred during the 1960s.
- The Vietnam War, in which Thaddeus Ross served, begins,  having been orchestrated by HYDRA.
- Bring It on Home to Me by Sam Cooke is released. This song was later featured on Meredith and Peter Quill's mixtape, "Awesome Mix Vol. 2."
- Orchestrated by HYDRA and the Soviet Union, President John F. Kennedy is assassinated by the Winter Soldier in Dallas, Texas, and Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson takes his place.
- Come a Little Bit Closer by Jay and the Americans is released. This song was later featured on Peter Quill's mixtape, "Awesome Mix Vol. 1."
- Stark World Exposition is held in conjunction with the World's Fair at Flushing Meadows, New York City.
- Anton Vanko works on Arc Reactor technology with Howard Stark in what was known as "The Unity Project".
- Trevor Slattery performs his first role as Boatswain #1 in William Shakespeare's play The Tempest.
- Anton Vanko is accused of espionage and deported as a spy. Howard Stark takes full credit for the Arc Reactor technology and Obadiah Stane convinces him to take Stark Industries back into weapons development.
- A record is made of a shipment made in New York by the Hand under the company name of Sherwin Holdings, just before the official transfer from Wütend Enterprises to Sherwin Holdings.
- Have you Heard is released by The Moody Blues. It goes on to be one of Anton Ivanov's favorite songs.
This should place between June and July, but real world dates should not have made up exact dates assigned.
- Muamar Gaddafi comes to power in Libya with the clandestine assistance of HYDRA.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 From the various references to past events, characters' ages in relation to events, rough dates, and timespans, as well as the actors' ages, past dates referred to in Luke Cage: Season 1 work out as explained here.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Luke Cage: 1.07: Manifest
- ↑ In an interview about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, it was said that James Gunn noted "that the 31-year-old Haddock was playing a teenager in the film's opening scene. "Meredith Quill is in her late teens, very early twenties at most."" This puts her around 19 in the prologue, which is dated as March 31, 1980, putting her date of birth at approximately September 30, 1960 (estimated dates of birth should not be put exactly to prevent confusion).
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 Sometimes the Marvel Cinematic Universe alludes to people who existed in our world, and it is assumed they were born on the same day in the universe, for timeline purposes.
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.16: End of the Beginning
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Luke Cage: 1.01: Moment of Truth
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Incredible Hulk
- ↑ Avengers: Age of Ultron
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 Sometimes the Marvel Cinematic Universe alludes to events which happened in our world, and it is assumed they happened on the same dates in the universe, for timeline purposes.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Bring It on Home to Me release date, Come a Little Bit Closer release date, Mary Poppins release date
- ↑ In Snow Gives Way, an article is shown reporting "Harold Meachum Dead at 41". Working back from Harold's reasoned death date of January 2004, he would have been born around July 1962.
- ↑ Luke Cage: 1.11: Now You're Mine
- ↑ Spider-Man: Homecoming
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.01: Shadows
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 Iron Man 2
- ↑ Winter Soldier actor Sebastian Stan reveals that Bucky Barnes murdered JFK
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Historical character's date of death.
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.13: One of Us
- ↑ On Marvel's timeline, it is shown that this occurred 45 years before "I am Iron Man," which is dated to November 25, 2009, putting it around October 1964.
- ↑ Marvel's Timeline
- ↑ Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King
- ↑ Luke Cage: 1.09: DWYCK
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Luke Cage: 1.02: Code of the Streets
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Luke Cage: 1.05: Just to Get a Rep
- ↑ Luke Cage: 1.10: Take It Personal
- ↑ Iron Man 2: Public Identity
- ↑ Luke Cage: 1.04: Step in the Arena
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.10: The Bridge
- ↑ Iron Man prop
- ↑ Iron Man 3
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 The Defenders: 1.02: Mean Right Hook
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.15: Self Control
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier