| "It's our policy not to comment on ongoing operations, but I can assure you that S.H.I.E.L.D. has the situation completely under control."|
The specific order and/or accurate dates presented in this article has never been confirmed by Marvel Studios, and therefore it can be inaccurate, incomplete, or partial.
- "An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead... forever."
- ―Helmut Zemo
This is a timeline of events that occurred in 2016.
- Joy Meachum closes a deal to buy Red Hook Pier, not realizing it is for the purposes of the Hand.
- Kaecilius is tough in his training of students at Kamar-Taj. Karl Mordo tells him that he has done enough training for one day.
- Kaecilius starts to feel that the Ancient One has failed in her promise to help him find meaning in his wife and son's tragic deaths, or found a way to bring them back to be together again. He becomes angry and frustrated.
- He confronts the Ancient One, accusing her of failing him. She encourages him to remain steadfast, but he becomes disillusioned with her.
- Tired of waiting, Kaecilius searches for his own answers in the Kamar-Taj library. All the books lead him back to the name "Cagliostro".
- Assassination of Rosalind Price:
- Grant WardUnder the orders of Gideon Malick, and for personal reasons, kills Rosalind Price by shooting at her from afar while she has dinner with Phil Coulson.
- Ward calls Coulson and tells him that now he knows how it feels to lose someone you care about. Ward sends a group of assassins to kill Coulson, but he manages to escape, being driven away in a S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV by Alphonso Mackenzie.
- On returning to the Playground, Coulson immediately begins to make moves with new urgency in his vendetta against Ward.
- Coulson interrogates each of the members of his original team on their personal connections with Ward, so as to learn anything he can about Ward's personality, motives, and weaknesses. The team, however, begin to worry that Coulson's fury and drive for vengeance is blinding him and making him reckless.
- Ward returns to the HYDRA Castle to report back to Gideon Malick about successfully killing Rosalind Price.
- Coulson recruits Lance Hunter and Bobbi Morse to help him in his personal mission against Ward. He finishes making plans and sends Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons with Price's colleague and friend Luther Banks to the Distant Star Facility warehouse to recover more information about the portals to the distant planet.
- Coulson appoints Mackenzie as the stand-in director of S.H.I.E.L.D., knowing that the moves he is about to make are not acceptable for a director.
- Ambush at the Distant Star Facility: On arriving at the facility, Fitz, Simmons, and Banks are suddenly ambushed by Giyera and HYDRA agents. Giyera uses his metal manipulation powers to take Banks' gun and shoot him dead, along with all the other agents protecting them, and take Fitz and Simmons as hostages.
- While Phil Coulson flies with Morse and Hunter to secretly find Ward's remaining brother as a bargain chip against him, Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons are flown to Gloucestershire and brought before Ward and Malick. The two of them together are resilient, but Ward, knowing them well, suggests to split them up.
- Alphonso Mackenzie lets Coulson know that Fitz and Simmons have gone missing, making him realize that it is now vital his plan to take Thomas Ward works.
- Kidnapping of Thomas Ward:
- Coulson, Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter stage a robbery together to break into the jewelry store where Thomas Ward works and kidnap him.
- While Ward tortures Fitz, Coulson calls him from Price's phone, only to show him that he is holding his brother hostage, before hanging up prematurely to anger Ward.
- Thomas explains, to the trio's surprise, that he hates his older brother and believes he is a bad man. When Grant calls back, Thomas tells him that he has tried to stay away from him all these years. As Grant is distracted by the conversation with his brother, Coulson starts to trace the call. When they track the source to the HYDRA Castle, Coulson takes back the cellphone from Thomas and tells Grant Ward that he is going to kill him. They drop Thomas back home and set off to fly to England.
- Melinda May and Alphonso Mackenzie decide together to help Coulson take on HYDRA with the help of Daisy Johnson's team of Inhumans with Joey Gutierrez and Lincoln Campbell.
- Gideon Malick convinces Ward to lead the soldiers on the planet, as Leo Fitz agrees to help HYDRA, to prevent them from killing Jemma Simmons. Malick then uses his collected fragments of the Monolith to reopen the portal. Ward, Fitz, and several HYDRA agents proceed to go through. As Coulson flies in above, he realizes that he has run out of time, so he dives from the Quinjet into the castle, falling through the portal from above just before it closes. He crashes onto the ground of Maveth and is knocked out on impact.
- A physical rehabilitation instructor from Metro-General Hospital, who had worked with Jonathan Pangborn a couple of years prior, encounters Pangborn walking on the streets. The instructor is shocked impressed to see him walk, due to his previous seemingly incurable paralysis.
- Leo Fitz attempts to steal Grant Ward's gun, but Ward stops him. The other HYDRA soldiers then discover a giant statue resembling the HYDRA logo.
- Lance Hunter and Bobbi Morse reunite with the Zephyr One and inform Mackenzie of Coulson's actions. Johnson discovers that HYDRA are unloading captive Inhumans at the HYDRA Castle. They split into two teams: one to save Fitz or Simmons and the other to secure the portal.
- Fitz discovers the hatch entrance to Will Daniels' hideaway, and drops down into the cavern despite Ward's protests, finding Daniels asleep there.
- Coulson wakes from a dream of Rosalind Price. He resolves to keep going and gets up to follow the HYDRA group's trail to hunt down Ward.
- Grant Ward threatens to kill Daniels, but Fitz convinces him to let him live and come with them so that he can get them to the exit point on time, due to his knowledge of Maveth.
- Attack on the HYDRA Castle:
- May, Johnson, Campbell, and Gutierrez slip into nearby drainage tunnels and approach the HYDRA Castle. Campbell takes out the lighting while the team slip inside.
- Meanwhile, Simmons escapes and runs around the compound. She discovers the Inhuman storage units and finds Andrew Garner's pod. He convinces her to set him free so he can help her to escape HYDRA, and transforms into Lash, saving her and escaping.
- In order to escape from HYDRA together, Daniels reveals to Fitz that he has led the group to the No Fly Zone, as a sandstorm brews.
- Morse, Mackenzie, and Hunter secure and enter the portal chamber.
- Elsewhere, Daisy Johnson is ambushed by Giyera with gunfire, but Joey Gutierrez melts the bullets, saving her. Melinda May finds Jemma Simmons in time to save her from a HYDRA soldier, and Simmons tells her of Garner's whereabouts. Once May makes sure Simmons is safe, she goes to find Garner.
- As Leo Fitz and Will Daniels successfully kill and escape the HYDRA Soldiers, Grant Ward is distracted and shot by the approaching Phil Coulson. At gunpoint, Coulson orders him to lead the way to Fitz and the exit point.
- Coulson's Team reunite and break into the portal room. May finds the bodies of HYDRA agents, as well as the captive Inhumans. She returns and informs the team of Lash's massacre, and Simmons feels guilty.
- Mackenzie orders the team to leave, but Johnson remains with him to help. The others prepare on Zephyr One to collect any of their team who make it out, and Mackenzie and Johnson ready themselves for the portal to open.
- Coulson and Ward eventually spot Daniels and Fitz and hurry to reach them in time. As they walk, Daniels tells him of an ancient civilization on Maveth. Fitz realizes that it is not Will Daniels but It, who has taken over Daniels' dead body.
- The Zephyr One hovers above the HYDRA castle, ready to bomb the HYDRA Castle as soon as the portal closes. Johnson collapses.
- Battle on Maveth:
- A fight ensues between Fitz and It. When Coulson notices, he shoots It to help Fitz escape, but Ward takes the opportunity to attack Coulson. Fitz shoots It repeatedly again and brings him down before he can reach the portal. Coulson manages to beat Ward down due to his bound hands. Fitz grabs a flare gun and shoots It, burning Daniels' body. Despite Fitz's advice to leave, Coulson uses his bionic hand to crush Ward's chest, killing him and finally enacting his revenge. Coulson drops the hand, leaving it behind to signify leaving his actions on the planet.
- Coulson and Fitz make it through the portal and onto a Containment Module with Mackenzie and Johnson, and Mackenzie orders May to bomb the castle. They fly up to the Zephyr as the castle is destroyed around them. The team is reunited and Simmons finds out that Daniels is dead.
- Driving to the airport, Gideon Malick's car is stopped in the road by the reanimated corpse of Grant Ward holding Coulson's hand. He realizes that It has returned, inhabiting Ward's body.
- Danny Rand returns to New York City. He goes to the Rand Enterprises Building that his father built with Harold Meachum, and tells the receptionist that he is Danny, but she does not believe him, because Danny Rand is thought to have been dead for nearly 15 years. The receptionist calls security, but he manages to defeat them and use the elevator to go to the floor where his father's office was.
- He enters the room only to discover Ward and Joy Meachum as the leaders of his father's company. He tries to convince them that he is Danny Rand but they do not believe him, claiming that Rand died. Rand asks to talk to their father, only to discover that he died over 12 years ago. Ward calls security and Danny Rand is taken from the building.
- Confused, Joy Meachum tells Ward that she thinks that the man who claims to be Danny Rand really does look like their old friend.
- Rand goes to his old house and breaks in, discovering that it is now the home of Joy Meachum. However, when Meachum arrives, he manages to slip out of the building unnoticed.
- Rand goes to rest under a tree. While he is listening to music, Big Al approaches him and starts a conversation. He tells Rand about the iPhone he stole a few days prior, and explains that with access to the Internet, you can find whatever you want. Rand tells him to search the name "Danny Rand", only to find out that everybody thinks he is dead. He then asks Big Al to search the name of "Harold Meachum", discovering that he died at the age of 41.
- Danny Rand waits outside his old home, now Joy Meachum's house, so he can talk to her when she leaves. When Meachum finds him there, she threatens him, saying that she will ensure that he is arrested. Rand tries to convince her again that he is who he says he is, but she does not believe him. She threatens Rand one more time, forcing him to leave. As he walks away, he is nearly hit by a car, but he dodges it by leaping over the oncoming vehicle, to Meachum's shock.
- Rand practices Kung-fu in the park. Colleen Wing passes by and gives him some money, believing him to be homeless. She then proceeds to staple a notice up about her self-defense class. Rand tries to give her back her money, but she lets him keep it. They begin to talk, and Rand asks for a job, but she politely refuses and leaves.
- Joy reveals to Ward Meachum that "Danny" was waiting for her outside of her house. Ward worries and asks her if she is OK following the encounter. She answers yes, but that she is a little scared, then confesses that she is starting to think that "Danny" could actually be the Danny Rand they knew. Ward insists that she is wrong and that "Danny" might even be a setup made by competition trying to take over the company just as they are about to announce expansion in China.
- As Ward Meachum prepares to drive away, Danny Rand enters his car to get his attention. While Rand drives, Meachum threatens him with a gun, but Rand disarms him. He claims that he is tired of hostility and asks Ward for answers about what happened since his family's crash. Meachum says that his assailant has nothing to prove that he is the real Danny Rand. Rand tries to prove himself, reminding Meachum of how he abused him when they were children. After Meachum calls him crazy, Rand gets angry and drives the car to the roof at high speed, telling him that this is how he had felt during the air crash. Rand stops the car at the last second before it would fall off the roof. Realizing that he lost the control of his actions, Rand apologizes and leaves.
- Ward Meachum orders Shannon and his bodyguards to find and kill the supposed Danny Rand.
- Chinese New Year 2016 is celebrated in New York City.
- In the park, Rand meets with Big Al again, who gives him food.
- Colleen Wing films a part of a video that she will use to promote her kenjutsu lessons at Chikara Dojo, inviting the viewer to learn the martial arts. She teaches a class at the dojo and films parts of it to put together the promotional video.
- Danny Rand goes to Wing's dojo as the class she is teaching finishes. He approaches her and offers to teach Kung-fu. She asks him where he trained, and he tells her that he trained in a place called "K'un-Lun". Not believing him, Wing forces Rand to leave, but not before giving him some shoes.
- Attack on Danny Rand: When Danny Rand leaves, he is attacked by Ward Meachum's men. He manages to escape, as Colleen Wing watches the incident, then tries to help him. Wing is surprised by Rand's genuine martial arts skills. Rand arrives at the Chinese New Year celebration in Chinatown, and defeats all of the men, finding out from one that it was Ward Meachum who sent them.
- Ward Meachum is informed that his men failed.
- Big Al dies from an overdose.
- Ward is called by his father, Harold Meachum, secretly alive thanks to the Hand's resurrection ritual, who tells Ward that he wants to meet with him. Ward arrives at his father's penthouse, where Harold reveals that he knows about the "Danny Rand" situation. Harold and Ward agree that if "Danny" is who he says he is, it cannot be revealed to the public, and Harold tells his son that they need to investigate the young man further.
- Rand goes to the park looking for Big Al, only to discover his dead body. He says a sad farewell to the man who had been kind to him.
- Danny Rand enters Rand Enterprises and waits for Joy Meachum in her office. She agrees to talk with him, and gives him a cup of coffee, as Rand claims that Ward sent men to kill him last night. Joy does not believe him, but admits that she thinks he does look like Danny.
- Meachum asks Rand about what happened in the Himalayas, so as to distract him while a drug which she put in his coffee takes effect, rendering him unconscious.
- Ward and Joy Meachum send Rand to Birch Psychiatric Hospital.
- Danny Rand wakes in the hospital.
- Colleen Wing orders her students to try to surprise with a fake attack, so as to test their progress in training.
- Simon visits Danny Rand pretending to be a doctor. However, in a sudden impulsive move, he tries to kill Rand with a fork, only to be stopped by the workers at the hospital. One of them sedates Rand.
- At Rand Enterprises, Joy Meachum feels bad about drugging the supposed Danny Rand, and presents her concern to her older brother, Ward Meachum. Ward assures her that the man is not Danny Rand.
- Danny Rand has a conversation with Dr. Paul Edmonds, who does not believe him when he claims his identity. Edmonds suggests Rand should be "honest", and so Rand tells him about the day of the accident and what happened afterwards, trying to convince the doctor of the truth, but Edmonds still does not believe him.
- Colleen Wing's students make the attempted surprise attack on their teacher, but she defeats them. She expresses her disappointment at their attempt.
- Simon is ordered to be Danny Rand's tour guide. During the tour, Simons tells him about the hospital's purpose and its residents. Rand defends Simon when he is threatened by another patient called Dink, but the confrontation causes Rand to be taken and tied up again. However, Simon later visits and unties him.
- Rand calls Wing and asks her for help, explaining that the Meachums are the main reason for why he is at the hospital. However, as she wants to stay out of trouble, Wing refuses to help him.
- Ward Meachum visits Harold Meachum, who reveals, to Ward's surprise, that he has cameras hooked up in the mental hospital. Harold then orders him to talk to Wing and force her to corroborate Rand's alleged mental condition.
- Danny Rand meditates in his ward at the hospital. Dr. Paul Edmonds has another talk with him, when Rand finally reveals to him that he stole a passport with the name "John Anderson" in order to return to the country, but that it is not his real name.
- Following his father's orders, Ward Meachum visits Colleen Wing and asks her to sign to say that "Rand" is threatening her. He offers a lot of money, before leaving.
- Edmonds meets with Rand again in his office. They talk about a 2001 commercial that the Rands and Meachums had filmed, and Rand describes the day it was filmed, and what the families had gone on to do later in the day, in a further attempt to prove he is who he says he is, explaining that they went to the circus afterwards. When Edmonds reveals that he still thinks Rand's real name is "John Anderson", Rand gets angry at the doctor, and is sedated again.
- As he watches the situation, Harold Meachum is intimidatory towards his assistant, Kyle. He informs Kyle that he is leaving tonight.
- Paul Edmonds contacts Joy Meachum, so as to check the circus story with her. Her recount matches perfectly with Rand's, causing Edmonds to reconsider the possibility that his patient is telling the truth about who he is.
- Harold Meachum visits Danny Rand in his ward as he lies in bed. Because Rand is drugged, he does not realize that Meachum is still alive, believing him to only be a hallucination. Intrigued by the things Rand tells him, Meachum leaves, assuring Rand that he will take care of his predicament and urging him to go back to sleep.
- Joy Meachum, who has started to truly believe Rand is who he claims to be, sends M&M's to him at Birch Psychiatric Hospital. The purpose of this is to see if he remembers the time when they were kids, and he used to separate the brown M&M's from the rest, as final proof of his identity.
- Rand receives the M&M's and recognizes the significance, starting to picking out the brown ones.
- Rand is visited by Colleen Wing. She reveals that Ward Meachum gave her a check of $50,000 if she signs a contract claiming he was threatening her, but reassures him that she will not sign. Rand then asks her to return the M&M's to Joy Meachum.
- Joy Meachum notices the missing brown M&M's and realizes it is, undeniably, her old friend Danny Rand. As Wing discovers from her that Rand was telling the truth, she asks Joy to tell Ward that she is refusing to sign his papers.
- When Joy Meachum confirms to her brother that it is Danny Rand, Ward still refuses to accept it.
- Paul Edmonds visits Danny Rand and after he answers a few more personal questions, Edmonds finally accepts the truth, and tells him he believes him. However, he does not believe his further stories of the city of K'un-Lun. He tells Rand that the city is only an idea that his mind created so that he would not feel so lonely through the 15 years he was missing. Rand tries to convince him the he can channel the Chi in his hand and summon the power of the "Iron Fist", but he cannot do it until his system is drug-free. Edmonds diagnoses him with an anxiety disorder caused by trauma.
- Harold Meachum calls Ward during a meeting and tells him he has decided to move Rand to a safe place that night, since he believes he can be useful. Instead, Ward orders his men, posed as patients, to kill Rand.
- Escape from Birch Psychiatric Hospital: Danny Rand is attacked in the night, but manages to overpower them by finally summoning the "Iron Fist", which he then uses to punch through a wall and break out of the hospital.
- Attack on the Chikara Dojo: Ward Meachum's men break into Colleen Wing's dojo to get Danny Rand, who had entered the building to hide from them, but Wing manages to keep him hidden and lies to the men searching. However, when they have gone, she tells Rand he will have to leave in the morning.
- Harold Meachum is visited by Ward. They both talk about Rand's escape, and a deal between Rand Enterprises and Raj Patel which Joy brokered, not realizing the pier was being bought for the Hand's purposes. When Ward asks why his father wanted to buy it, Harold answers that it does not matter and orders him to have Joy closing the deal.
- The following morning, Danny Rand offers Colleen Wing to pay her the rent by Friday. She reluctantly agrees.
- Ward Meachum convinces Joy to help him in the purchase of the pier.
- Rand waits for Joy Meachum outside of her house, greeting her with flowers as a part of a buddhist tradition meant to remind her of their bond. They talk briefly about the death of her father, and what happened to him while he disappeared. Going inside, Meachum offers him $100,000,000 if he changes his identity and leaves New York City, claiming that she has to protect Rand Enterprises as a part of the legacy her father left behind. Rand feels betrayed, and abruptly leaves.
- Rand visits his family's graves, and realizes that someone has been taking care of the headstones. He sets out to discover who it is, and finds out that it is Jeri Hogarth.
- Rand finds Hogarth and approaches her, proving his real identity by recounting personal facts about her internship in the legal department at Rand Enterprises. Hogarth promises to help him reclaim his identity in exchange for a permanent contract between her firm and Rand Enterprises.
- Madame Gao visits Harold Meachum and makes him kneel down on shattered glass on his floor, reminding him of his loyalty and obedience to the Hand.
- Danny Rand goes to Chikara Dojo and tries to give a lesson to Colleen Wing's students demanding respect from them. However, he attacks a student he deems impolite, provoking Wing to expel Rand from the building. Rand then goes on to an apartment owned by Jeri Hogarth.
- Meanwhile, Joy Meachum successfully closes the deal with Patel by telling him that she managed to deliver comatose hospital patient Kevin Kennedy's kidney to Patel's nephew, Terrence, so he can get better. In return, Patel agrees to sell the pier.
- Ward Meachum reveals to Joy that he is considering leaving Rand Enterprises, but congratulates her for the results she achieved the night before.
- Destruction of Danny Rand's Files: Danny Rand gets new clothes from Hogarth, then goes to Metro-General Hospital so as to obtain a way to prove his identity legally, requesting an X-ray he had in July 2001 when he broke his arm skateboarding. While he is distracted, a man manages to attack him, then proceeds to start dousing the room with petrol. Barely keeping himself conscious, Rand summons the "Iron Fist" and fights back. The man still manages to light the room on fire, and Rand escapes, but the files are destroyed.
- Furious, Rand confronts Joy and Ward Meachum at a restaurant. He voices his disbelief at Ward for hiring the man who attacked him, and then threatens them, causing Ward to try to fight him.
- After a brief scuffle, Joy breaks the fight apart. Before leaving, Rand tells them that they cannot deny his birthright.
- Talking with Ward, Joy Meachum mentions that Rand had said Harold visited him while he was in the hospital, which, unbeknownst to her, concerns her brother, wondering what his father has been doing, knowing him to really be alive.
- Joy Meachum returns home and notices a bowl Rand had once made her, with his fingerprints on it. She gives it to Jeri Hogarth in secret, believing it to be the right thing to do.
- Colleen Wing's Cage Fights: In need of earning more money, Colleen Wing goes to an illegal fight club, where she manages to defeat two of the best fighters under the nickname the "Daughter of the Dragon". Unbeknownst to her, she is filmed during the fight, and the video is later uploaded to the Internet.
- Danny Rand and Jeri Hogarth meet with the Meachums and the Rand Enterprises board. The pair manage to prove their case by presenting the clay bowl that Rand once made, with a fingerprint on the bowl that has an exact same match. Now with undeniable proof of Rand's identity, there is nothing else to discuss. Ward Meachum then threatens to bury them with lots of demands in order to delay his activity in the business for ten years, but Hogarth simply replies that they will see the company in court if they do, and the meeting disbands.
- Curious, Danny Rand follows Ward Meachum to Harold Meachum's Penthouse, without knowing Harold is still alive and living there. Rand goes out of a window and starts climbing the wall to the next floor. As he is about to enter through another window, he is pushed out by Ward. He falls down and loses conscious when he hit his head.
- Danny Rand wakes up in the penthouse where Ward Meachum reveals that he was the one who pushed him off the window ledge. Before Rand can get angry, Harold Meachum walks in, revealing himself to be alive, to Rand's surprise. Harold tells Rand that his cancer was secretly cured by the Hand, who demanded his loyalty in return, and only allowed him to reveal the truth to Ward. Harold asks Rand to destroy the Hand in order to free him, which Rand accepts, as it is his main duty of being the "Iron Fist".
- Ward Meachum warns Rand to be careful - not from the Hand, but from Harold.
- Colleen Wing discovers that the video of her cage fight has gone online as her students watch it before class. She has the beginning of her class filmed for footage for her promotional video.
- Danny Rand gives a press statement along with Ward and Joy Meachum. He tells the journalists about how his journey has been long to return home to Rand Enterprises. He continues by saying that his father instilled him a love and respect for the company that has never faded, and talks about the accident that led to the death of his parents, how he was the only survivor, and was rescued and raised by monks. He ends his speech by saying that his experience has taught him the value of life and hard work, and that Rand Enterprises matters. When he starts to reveal too much, Ward is forced to take him away.
- Rand is given his father's office to work in. He talks briefly with Jeri Hogarth about his new responsibilities at Rand Enterprises, and she tells Rand he has the strongest voice in the board due to his 51% share of the company.
- Danny Rand attends a meeting about leishmaniasis, where he discovers the company is selling the medicinal drugs at a very high price. He makes sure to get the company to distribute the drug at cost to reach more people in need of it, despite the disapproval of the board, including Joy and Ward Meachum.
- Colleen Wing trains in her dojo. She films herself to use the footage for her promotional video for her classes.
- The New York Bulletin publishes an article on its website titled "Danny Rand Gives a Press Conference at Rand Enterprises This Morning".
- Harold Meachum calls Ward to congratulate him on how he handled Rand's public return.
- Ward Meachum orders Megan to contact the journalist Jennifer Many and tell her to come to see him that night because he has decided to any questions she wishes.
- Danny Rand and Joy Meachum have a heartfelt conversation in which Meachum reveals she gave the bowl that had proof of his identity to Hogarth because she was not proud of who she was becoming. Rand says her father would have been proud of her, and that she has nothing to regret.
- Colleen Wing returns to the fight club and partakes in a second cage fight, which she wins again.
- Attack on Joy Meachum:
- As Rand asks Joy Meachum why the company bought Red Hook Pier, in an attempt to learn the Hand's intentions as Harold asked him to, a clan suddenly breaks into penthouse and kidnaps Joy.
- Rand uses his abilities to fight and defeat the clan in the hallway to the penthouse, rescuing Meachum. They both go to Chikara Dojo.
- Meanwhile, Ward Meachum talks to Jennifer Many and reveals to her how Rand forced the company to sell the medication for leishmaniasis at cost, causing major financial problems. Many thanks him for the interview and then calls Mitchell Ellison, telling him to give her the front page for the following day, rather than Karen Page.
- Danny Rand leaves Joy Meachum under the protection of Colleen Wing and goes to confront the leader of the clan, which Wing reveals to be the "Yangsi Gonshi".
- Rand confronts the leader of the Yang Clan, Hai-Qing Yang, who reveals that they hold a grudge against Joy Meachum for stealing the pier from their group. However, he changes his mind and takes Rand's side after he reveals that the Hand was behind the purchase.
- Madame Gao visits Harold Meachum and congratulates him for securing the pier for her clan. As a reward, she allows Harold to see Joy briefly, for the first time since he died, over 12 years prior. When he sees she has been wounded, Meachum asks Gao to allow him to kill the man who injured her.
- Harold Meachum and a group of Hand ninjas visit and kill the member of the Yang Clan who hit Joy.
- Jennifer Many's article is published by the New York Bulletin, titled "Daniel Rand, Corporate Hero".
- Ward Meachum reads Many's article about Rand's decision.
- Danny Rand receives a gift from Hai-Qing Yang, which also contains the Steel Serpent symbol underneath, and a note saying that it is the answer he has been looking for.
- Colleen Wing posts the promotional video for her kenjutsu lessons at Chikara Dojo with footage she has filmed over the last few days, titled "Learn Kenjutsu - The Wing Way!".
- The drug Steel Serpent hits the market.
- Danny Rand gives the drug Hai-Qing sent him to Rand Enterprises scientist Sandi Ann so she can investigate it. After a few tests, she confirms that the most significant thing about the drug is that it is completely legal.
- Regina Fitzgerald and her lawyer have a meeting with Joy Meachum about Staten Island cancer incidents, including her son falling ill, which have allegedly been caused by the local Rand chemical plant. Meachum refuses to give in to her demands, and orders her to leave the building, but not without first expressing her sorrow to her.
- Danny Rand talks to Ward Meachum about Steel Serpent drugs seemingly being shipped to the newly acquired Red Hook Pier, but Meachum dismisses the situation.
- Rand gets more information from Megan about his company's activities, and decides to investigate by himself.
- Joy Meachum has a conversation with Ward where she questions if they are making the right ethical decisions.
- Regina Fitzgerald approaches Danny Rand as he leaves the building. After listening to her, Rand promises to make the Staten Island situation better, while Fitzgerald's lawyer films the conversation without Rand's knowledge.
- Colleen Wing and Claire Temple train together, but they are interrupted by Danny Rand, who wanted to talk to Wing and has brought takeout food to the dojo.
- Fitzgerald sends the video to Ward Meachum, threatening to release the video by the end of the day. Ward and Joy Meachum watch Fitzgerald's video and decide to discuss it with the board. Soon, Harold sends Ward a message telling him to do what Joy says, causing Ward to become angry, realizing his father has cameras on him.
- Rand, Wing, and Temple talk as they eat, and Temple asks about Rand's life in the monastery. Rand speaks about his friend Davos, his training, and his vows. When she asks why he waited so long to return, Rand explains he had to wait 15 years until the passage to the Earth Plane opened again. Temple eventually departs, leaving Rand and Wing alone. Wing asks Rand why he had come to visit, and he explains that criminals are using his company to ship drugs into the city. Rand tells her that his plan is to prove to Ward Meachum that it is genuinely happening, so that Meachum will be forced to help him shut it down, and explains that he could find evidence with the shipment coming in that night, and asking for Wing's assistance, much to her disbelief. He convinces her, however, after telling her that he bought the dojo's building so she does not have to worry about rent anymore.
- In a board meeting about the video of Rand apologizing, Ward Meachum convinces the shareholders to continue to deny the accusations about Staten Island, instead of accepting responsibility like Rand.
- Thembi Wallace reports on WJBP-TV about Danny Rand's latest activities, as Ward Meachum watches.
- Ambush on Red Hook Pier: At Red Hook Pier, Rand and Wing find the containers supposedly loaded with normal supplies. Rand enters one of them, where he finds a hidden room housing Radovan Bernivig, the chemist who created the formula for the Steel Serpent drug because the Hand are forcing him by holding his daughter hostage. Rand engages and overpowers a bodyguard who stabs Radovan critically.
- Joy Meachum finds Ward in a bad state, having become anxious from constantly being watched and controlled by Harold and then tried the Steel Serpent drug that Danny Rand had left.
- Rand and Wing take Bernivig to the Chikara Dojo where Claire Temple uses a credit card to improvise a chest seal and save his life. He tells them of how the Hand has his daughter, Sabina Bernivig, and asks them to save her. Temple worries when she finds out that the Hand are still around, after they attacked her hospital and killed her friend, Louisa Delgado. Wing promises to help Rand defeat the Hand.
- Meanwhile, Madame Gao arrives at Red Hook Pier and beheads King for letting Rand escape with Bernivig.
- Regina Fitzgerald's video of Rand's apology and promise to help over the Staten Island plant situation is released online.
- The New York Bulletin publishes the article "Rand Rises" about Danny Rand's publicly well-received decision to distribute a leishmaniasis cure at cost.
- Madame Gao prepares to assemble the Da Jue Zhan of Danny Rand, an event hosted by the Hand, setting their best warriors against a single opponent. The Hand then allows the opponent to pose demands if they win the tournament.
- In order to please his sister, Ward Meachum throws away all of his drugs. He informs Joy that Wayne Olsen is coming for a meeting later that day.
- Ward tells Danny Rand he has to attend the meeting with Olsen. However, he tells him that he needs to check up to six warehouses in order to track down Radovan Bernivig's daughter, Sabina.
- Claire Temple continues to tend to Radovan Bernivig, who does not want to be taken to hospital.
- At the fourth warehouse, Rand finds King's severed head, realizing it is an invitation to a da jue zhan, challenging Rand to combat. He tells Ward Meachum that he cannot attend the meeting, despite his demands.
- Rand tells Temple and Wing about the challenge, and how he has practiced for this sort of thing. He reveals to Temple that he is the Iron Fist, but she replies asking what that means.
- The meeting with Wayne Olsen goes ahead without Rand.
- Da Jue Zhan:
- Danny Rand arrives for the challenge, demanding the Hand free Sabina Bernivig and leave his company if he wins, which Gao accepts in exchange for Rand leaving the Hand alone if he loses, which he accepts in return.
- The first round has Rand facing Andrei and Grigori Veznikov, which Rand wins. He enters the second round, having to face Bride of Nine Spiders, who attempts to seduce him, managing to inject him with Singing Spider venom. However, he manages to defeat her.
- Meanwhile, Ward Meachum shows withdrawal symptoms in the meeting with Olsen, forcing him to leave to search for more drugs.
- Kidnapping of Radovan Bernivig: At the same time, Radovan Bernivig's condition becomes critical, forcing Temple and Wing to take him to Metro-General Hospital, where the Hand abducts him.
- The da jue zhan continues, as Rand faces Scythe in the third round. He wins all three rounds with the spiritual help of his mentor from K'un-Lun, Lei Kung, who then tells Rand to kill Scythe. However, when Gao threatens to kill Sabina Bernivig if Rand kills Scythe, he decides to spare him, going against Lei Kung's orders and his supposed purpose. Gao frees Sabina, revealing to Rand that she has been to K'un-Lun before, and knew his father.
- Joy Meachum stops Ward from causing trouble at an infirmary while he is trying to obtain more drugs.
- When Rand tries to fight Gao, she easily overpowers him, and he allows her and Scythe to leave. He leaves with Sabina Bernivig, having successfully rescued her.
- Attack on Harold Meachum:
- Two members of the Hand, named Alexi and Vando, arrive at Harold Meachum's penthouse to interrogate him. However, when Rand arrives, they discover his alliance with the Iron Fist, their enemy, and start a fight. Rand helps Meachum to fight back.
- With the men defeated, Meachum decides to kill them both. He cuts off his finger in case the Hand arrives, so as to make it seem like the men performed their orders in threatening him.
- Joy Meachum worries about Ward after his last incident. He manages to leave to see Harold, who has called him.
- Colleen Wing tends to Danny Rand's injuries. They drink together, and he tells more of his story from K'un-Lun and his duty to defeat the Hand as the Iron Fist. They end up sleeping together.
- Ward Meachum visits his father in the middle of the night as he had ordered. Harold tells Ward that he wants him to dump the men's bodies in Pelham Bay Park.
- Rand and Wing wake after sleeping together.
- Joy Meachum gives Rand an apologetic statement to use regarding the Staten Island plant in a meeting later that day.
- Madame Gao arrives, visiting Rand, and mentions that she has met other Iron Fists.
- When she leaves, Danny Rand follows Gao in the elevator to a 13th floor of the building which he was not aware of.
- Joy Meachum apologizes to Ward for snapping at him the night before.
- Rand Enterprises employee Sophia tells Gao that the Dogs of Hell will help distribute the Steel Serpent drug, as Rand watches.
- When Gao has left, Rand interrogates Sophia, wanting her password. She refuses to give him information, scared that Gao might kill her, but Rand tells her that she can instead go on the run and never come back.
- Colleen Wing's old sensei, Bakuto, returns to Chikara Dojo to reunite with his student.
- Karen Page, having corresponded with Rand about how he plans to act over the Staten Island Rand Enterprises situation, publishes the article "BREAKING NEWS: Rand Shutters Staten Island Plant, Keeps Workers on Payroll" on the New York Bulletin website.
- Rand changes his clothes and attends the meeting intended for his apology over his reckless actions with the Staten Island plant and Regina Fitzgerald. Instead of reading his statement, he reveals that he has given information to Karen Page at the New York Bulletin and had her report that he is shutting down the plant while keeping the employees on the payroll, just as the board is notified of the article being posted.
- Rand then visits Harold Meachum, and they discuss the list of shipments that they have found of the Hand's distribution of Steel Serpent, done through Rand Enterprises.
- Colleen Wing says goodbye to Darryl, who is leaving her classes for a scholarship.
- When Ward Meachum attempts to make a transaction, he is informed that his card has been declined. He becomes angry, realizing Harold has taken his money from his account.
- Danny Rand goes back to the Golden Sands restaurant to visit the Yangsi Gonshi and warn them of Madame Gao's plans.
- Karen Page writes a full article for the New York Bulletin about Danny Rand's decision with the Staten Island plant, titled "Rand Chooses Right".
- Elsewhere, Davos sees this article and uses it to track down his missing friend to New York.
- Lawrence Wilkins visits Joy Meachum and informs her that the board held an emergency meeting and have decided that she, her brother Ward, and her friend Danny Rand should be ousted from Rand Enterprises.
- Attack on the Hand's Brooklyn Warehouse: The Yangsi Gonshi help Rand attack the members of the Hand who are holding Radovan Bernivig captive. Despite being successful in the fight, their rescue attempt fails as Bernivig dies before they can free him. As he dies, he is comforted by the information that his daughter, Sabina, is safe, and he mentions Anzhou, which Rand remembers is the place in China to which his plane was flying when it crashed.
- Assassination of Harold Meachum:
- Ward Meachum confronts his father about his bank account. Harold tells him he knew about Ward making embezzlements, and continues to anger his son to the point where Ward ends up taking a knife to Harold. When Harold does not relent, Ward finally cracks under the pressures he has felt from his father and stabs him repeatedly, killing him again.
- Ward Meachum dumps Harold's body alongside the bodies of the Hand men in Pelham Bay Park.
- Claire Temple reads a letter, sent from Luke Cage in prison.
- Rand visits Harold Meachum's Penthouse, and finds signs left behind suggesting that he has likely been killed.
- Rand goes to warn Claire Temple of the danger they are in, telling her to leave so as to keep her safe. Colleen Wing arrives and helps her get away.
- When Rand arrives, Ward Meachum pretends to only just be discovering his father's death. Meachum tells him that it is all Rand's fault for returning and ruining the Meachums' lives. Meachum then prepares cleaning products to clean up the evidence of his murder.
- Rand, Wing, and Temple reunite. Rand deduces that his father was going to Anzhou to shut down Gao's operations in 2001, but was targeted by her during the flight, causing the crash. The trio decide to go to Anzhou themselves.
- The three board a private jet and head to China.
- Lawrence Wilkins meets with Joy and Ward Meachum, where he tells them officially that they are no longer part of Rand Enterprises, offering $100 million each as severance. During the meeting, Ward notices he still has blood on his sleeve from the night before. After Wilkins leaves, the siblings discuss accepting the deal, and the conversation turns to reminiscing on their last summer with their father 13 years prior, spent in the Hamptons.
- During the flight to China, as they pass over a mountain range, Temple talks to Danny Rand about Colleen Wing. The trio end up arguing about whether they should kill Madame Gao. Rand has an anxiety attack from flying over mountains, which the others help him get through, and they talk about Rand's plane crash and his life in K'un-Lun.
- Arriving in China, the trio travel on to Anzhou, then make plans to infiltrate Gao's facility.
- Joy Meachum rejects the board's severance offer on behalf of both her and her brother.
- Ward Meachum visits Lawrence Wilkins, telling him he is ready to take the offer. However, to Ward's surprise, Wilkins informs him that Joy already rejected the offer less than an hour before.
- Wing briefly opens up to Rand about her mother dying, and tells him she is glad to have met him.
- The trio then intercept a nearby beggar and question him about the nearby facility which belongs to Gao. They acquire the necessary information about the patrols that evening and prepare to infiltrate the facility later.
- Joy and Ward Meachum meet to talk by the river. Joy reveals that she has a plan to take back Rand, and that months ago she hired a private investigator to investigate members of the board and find incriminating evidence, so as to prevent them from taking over.
- Infiltration into the Anzhou Laboratory:
- Danny Rand and Colleen Wing break into the heroin lab as Gao arrives, with Claire Temple watching on.
- Rand engages Zhou Cheng, a drunken fighter, who is well-trained in martial arts disciplines. Iron Fist eventually overpowers him and loses control, continuing to beat Cheng until Temple and Wing arrive and stop him. Wing fights a member of the Hand, who uses a poisoned sword to cut her. However, Wing defeats her opponent, with Temple's help, unaware that she has just been poisoned.
- Meanwhile, in New York City, Ward Meachum intends to finally show Joy Meachum the truth about Harold, taking her to the Art Deco building where he was kept. On arrival, he hallucinates his father's blood dripping from the elevator and begins to get manic. Changing his mind, he lies to Joy again and leaves in a hurry.
- Madame Gao arrives and her men engage the trio, who manage to defeat them. After seeing the effects of their poisoned weapons, identical to the symptoms on the dead pilots from his family's journey to China 15 years ago, Rand realises that Gao must be directly responsible, having set up the poisoning. He prepares to attack Gao, but chooses to spare her life, taking her captive.
- The New York Bulletin publishes the article "Star Siblings Surrender Rand" about Joy and Ward Meachum being removed from Rand Enterprises.
- Late at night, the trio arrive back in New York City.
- Harold Meachum wakes from death, realizing that the resurrection elixir from the Hand has allowed him to return to life again.
- Rand takes Gao to Chikara Dojo, where Temple suggests using truth serum to make Gao talk to them.
- As Rand goes to steal the serum from Rand Enterprises, he runs into Joy Meachum. She mentions that Ward has not been answering her calls, and tells him about the ousting from the company, to his surprise. Meachum then asks him if he knows about the Art Deco building, which he denies, but she does not believe him.
- Danny Rand then steals the truth serum to use on Gao.
- Harold Meachum proceeds to walk back to his home. He walks among children playing in water, bemusing onlookers, and goes to a hotdog stand, confusedly putting his hand into the boiling water, burning it.
- Gao tries to upset Claire Temple, attempting to affect her and get into her mind. However, she is interrupted when Colleen Wing takes over watching her. Gao in turn attempts to get to Wing, insisting she knew her grandfather. However, Wing soon falls sick from the poisoned cut she received in Anzhou.
- Harold Meachum returns to Rand, bumping into Davos on the way, who has come to New York to find Rand. Meachum enters the Rand Enterprises Building, remembering the keycode as Ward's birthday. He discovers that Ward's office is now Frank Robbins', since his children's ousting.
- Later, Meachum reunites with Kyle, who tells him that he was worried about him after his disappearance.
- Davos takes out a man in a fight, and searches his bag for evidence to find Rand. He finds a Forbes magazine issue about his friend, also including an article about Stark Industries.
- Ward Meachum returns and is shocked to find his father, resurrected for the second time. Harold begs his forgiveness for being a bad parent.
- Colleen Wing lies in bed as her sickness from Gao's poison increases. Claire Temple administers the truth serum, and Gao reveals she knew Heather Rand, Danny's mother, but then laughs that the serum would never have worked on her, as she is used to far worse from tortures throughout the 17th century. Wing reveals her illness from Gao's poison and asks Rand to call her sensei, Bakuto.
- Davos notices Gao's men as they head towards Chikara Dojo, discussing "Danny Rand".
- Ward Meachum tells Harold not to get Joy involved, as he does not want her to be hurt.
- Siege of the Chikara Dojo: Gao's men surround the dojo, so that the trio inside cannot leave to get an antidote to save Colleen Wing, and will only receive one in return for releasing Gao. Some enter the dojo, but are taken down by Temple and Rand.
- Meanwhile, Ward Meachum meets with the Yang Clan leader about how to kill Harold permanently. Ward learns from him that those revived by the Hand become more psychopathic after each revival, slowly losing their sense of self, and attack those closest to them first.
- Harold Meachum places heroin in Ward's car so as to get him arrested.
- Harold Meachum dines with Kyle, trying to be kind. However, when Kyle says he only wants something simple, in his mania from only just returning to life, Meachum loses control at his supposed ungratefulness and accidentally kills his assistant.
- Ward Meachum is stopped by police for drug possession after the heroin is found in his car.
- Meachum is taken to Birch Psychiatric Hospital, where he realizes his father has put him in a trap, as he cannot escape his predicament without being seen as crazy for insisting his father is alive.
- Joy Meachum goes to the Art Deco building to find out what is going on for herself, where Harold watches her from security footage and controls the doors to lead her to him. She enters the basement and is shocked, but delighted to discover her father, alive after so many years presumed dead.
- Bakuto arrives and takes down Gao's men to make his way into the dojo. He then enters the building and meets the Iron Fist, teaching Rand to open his powered fist and use his Chi to save Wing, burning the poison out of her system. He collapses, and Bakuto and Wing then lave take him by car to Bakuto's school to recover and learn further, leaving Claire Temple behind, and with Davos watching on, having found his friend.
- Colleen Wing and Danny Rand wake at the Hand Compound.
- Joy and Harold Meachum continue to talk about why he pretended to be dead for so many years, and what has been happening recently. Harold tells her everything about the Hand, what it felt like to die, and how Danny Rand discovered his secret.
- Wing gives Rand a tour of the compound. He speaks with Bakuto about his chi and being the Iron Fist. Bakuto teaches him how to recharge his Chi, and Rand asks about Gao, with Bakuto answering that she has been taken out of commission, promising that he would have her arrested by the police soon enough. They discuss Rand's actions over Rand Enterprises' drugs trade, and Bakuto shares his belief that companies like Rand's are running the world, telling him that he could turn it around.
- Bakuto shows Rand a video of a previous Iron Fist in 1948. When Rand asks why he is so interested in the Iron Fist, Bakuto replies that he had become obsessed ever since being given that film, promising to help increase Rand's own power so they could then work together to protect the world from people like Gao.
- Rand calls Joy Meachum, who passes the phone over to Harold, which surprises him, not only believing him to have been killed, but shocked that Joy is aware of the truth about her father. Rand mentions that Madame Gao has been taken care of, causing Harold to celebrate.
- Unbeknownst to him, Bakuto is informed of the call. Colleen Wing arrives, and they contemplate whether it is the right time to reveal to Danny Rand that they work for another faction of the Hand, with Bakuto deciding he is not yet ready.
- Danny Rand bumps into Darryl, who has settled in after four days at the compound. Suspicious of Gao's whereabouts, Rand questions him about the off-limits areas, and Darryl points them out.
- Rand goes to the off-limits section, where he eventually manages to find where Madame Gao is being held. He approaches Gao's cell, and through a video communication outside of her cell, he is able to talk with her. Rand says that he is glad that she will finally get what she deserves, but Gao mocks him and starts to make him question if she really is imprisoned or being punished as he believes. Gao warns Rand that the Hand are stealing his ability to trust. Before he could react, Bakuto interrupts, acknowledging that Rand has found what he was looking for. Rand claims he was only looking for some answers, but Bakuto replies that he would not find them there. He sends Rand back to the room in which he is staying, where Wing is waiting.
- Colleen Wing reveals the truth, that she belongs to Bakuto's faction of the Hand, which she has been taught to believes is much kinder, and that Gao is the leader of only one, evil faction of the Hand. He refuses her explanation, and they argue about her allegiance with Rand's enemy. He questions her feelings for him, claiming that he cannot trust her, wondering if they were all just a part of Bakuto's plans.
- Bakuto visits Harold Meachum and offers him partnership and help in returning to a public life, but Meachum turns him down. Bakuto returns to the compound.
- Rand slips into the Hand Compound surveillance room, and sees them monitoring the Chikara Dojo and Harold Meachum's Penthouse. Bakuto catches him and Rand engages him in a fight. Davos arrives at the compound, to Rand's surprise, and begins to help him escape.
- Assassination of Lawrence Wilkins: Harold Meachum blackmails Lawrence Wilkins with Joy's file of dirt on him to get back the company. He then suddenly tells Wilkins to kill himself - that his two options are either to die a "tortured hero" or die with a ruined image left behind for his children. When Wilkins refuses to kill himself, Harold shoots him in the head instead.
- Escape from the Hand Compound: Davos reveals that Lei Kung sent him to retrieve Rand and bring him back to K'un-Lun. The duo fight their way out of the Hand Compound, and manage to get away when Wing intervenes, opening the gate to let them out when Rand finds himself incapable of summoning the Fist.
- Joy Meachum manages to convince the board to reinstate her, her brother, and Rand. When she asks Harold about Wilkins' death, he denies any involvement.
- Colleen Wing walks through Chinatown looking for Rand, as Davos tells Rand they need to return to K'un-Lun. He replies that they will not return to K'un-Lun until the Hand is destroyed.
- Bakuto returns to Chikara Dojo where he confronts Colleen Wing, demanding to know where she had gone. She accuses him of attacking Danny Rand, but he insists that they had merely defended themselves, claiming that Rand's time at K'un-Lun had taught him to hate the Hand unwaveringly. He insists that he only wanted Rand to trust them, but Wing is unconvinced, feeling that Bakuto wanted her to lie to Rand. As she starts to confront Bakuto over his choices, he silences her, ordering her to respect her sensei. Bakuto claims that they have saved a lot of people together by bringing them into the Hand, giving some examples of people who had affected by the Battle of New York. He refuses Wing's idea to keep attempting to bring Rand to their side, and orders her to bring Rand to him when she has found him.
- Davos and Rand go to Temple's apartment, where she extracts the fragment of Bakuto's weapon from Rand's wound, stopping the bleeding, but failing to control the infection due to lack of antibiotics. Rand sends Davos away for a little while so he can tell Temple about Wing being in the Hand.
- Joy Meachum shows Harold that they have a chance to get the company back from the Hand. He tells her that they will make the Hand pay for the years together that the organization took from them; however, his attitude worries her.
- Danny Rand meditates as Claire Temple and Davos talk. Davos begins to get angry at Rand for leaving K'un-Lun, but decides to block his emotions, which Temple tells him could be an unhealthy and dangerous approach.
- Wing arrives and tries to reason with Rand. She goes to a hospital where she asks an extern, Becca Yoo, who is also another member of the Hand, for antibiotics. Meanwhile, Rand asks Temple if he can borrow her car, and drives to Harold Meachum's Penthouse.
- Rand and Davos arrive at the penthouse, where Joy Meachum has discovered that Bakuto has been transferring Rand Enterprises' money to his own accounts. Harold formulates a plan to flush out Bakuto and his operatives from the compound by having Joy freeze the accounts, and he decides to kill Bakuto, to Joy's disapproval.
- Kidnapping of Colleen Wing:
- Yoo reports Wing to Bakuto for betraying him by not saying anything about finding Rand. He sends people to kidnap Wing, which they do so successfully.
- Brought before her old sensei, Wing is told by Bakuto that he no longer believes in her. He explains that he wants to drain her blood for the Hand, and she is taken for the procedure. Wing headbutts one her captors, Mary, breaking her nose as she steals her knife. Wing breaks free of her restraints and fights to escape, successfully getting away.
- Davos tells Rand that he wanted to be chosen as the Iron Fist, but has tried to be gracious in Rand getting the role instead. Rand explains why he left, telling Davos of how he saw a hawk flying down the mountains and realized the path was open to leave K'un-Lun, but Davos argues that it only meant he should stay, so as to be there to protect the open path. As they talk, they witness Wing escaping. Rand runs to her, and he and Wing take a moment to reconcile in the rain. Davos looks on, concerned at Rand's willingness to forgive someone from the Hand.
- Ward Meachum wakes in Birch Psychiatric Hospital and has a hallucination of his father tormenting him. He screams his sister's name, attracting the attention of a nurse at the compound, whom he asks to let him go; she refuses. Not long after, Meachum is visited by Bakuto. Bakuto gives him a drug that will counter the effects of Madame Gao's drug, and confesses that he is with the Hand, but he is not related to Madame Gao's faction. He assures Meachum that he only wants to help him kill his father, permanently, but in exchange he wants a small portion of Rand Enterprises, just like Harold gave Madame Gao. Bakuto gives Meachum the cure for his withdrawal symptoms and assures him that he can sell it to help all the people who were affected. Meachum reluctantly accepts Bakuto's conditions, however, Bakuto tells him that he needs his help to capture the Iron Fist before he can help him and his sister.
- Danny Rand and Colleen Wing go to the Chikara Dojo, but are stopped by Davos, who claims that Wing cannot be trusted because she is a member of the Hand. Wing says she is not with the Hand anymore, but she will not help them to kill everyone in their compound, as she has students there who are innocent, simply not knowing any better, and the discussion ends as Wing punches Davos in the face. Rand calms them both down so they can work together.
- Very late into the night, at Harold Meachum's Penthouse, Joy and Harold Meachum analyze the Hand's file on drug transport as they proceed to close off the accounts fuelling the Hand. They talk about how Joy used to stay with him during his chemotherapy treatments, and plan to go on a trip together after everything is over. They are interrupted by Ward, who claims to want to talk with Joy alone. He tries to leave with her, but she refuses, saying that her father needs them. Ward warns Joy that since their father was resurrected, he seems like he lost part of his soul, and may even hurt her.
- Ambush at Harold Meachum's Penthouse:
- When Ward Meachum finally convinces Joy to talk outside, Harold stops them. He orders his men to take down Ward, but Ward manages to defend himself by taking a gun from one of them, proceeding to threaten to use the gun if Joy does not come with him. Joy accepts, worried for her father's safety.
- As they are about to leave the building, Bakuto and his men arrive. Ward Meachum tells them that he needs more time. When Joy asks what is happening, Harold says that Ward is working now with the Hand. Ward tries to explain himself to Joy, claiming that Harold is a monster. He tells Bakuto that he is ruining everything, but Bakuto defeats him quickly, and his members of the Hand kill Harold's bodyguards.
- Bakuto orders Ward Meachum to cancel the transference of his money, then reveals to Harold that Ward wants him dead. Ward cancels the transference and asks if he can leave with Joy, but Bakuto denies his request and orders him to sit alongside his family. He reveals that Harold can be killed permanently if he is beheaded, and asks Ward for his phone so he can call Danny Rand.
- At the Chikara Dojo, Danny Rand tends to Colleen Wing's wounds as Davos watches. Rand receives a video call from Bakuto, in which he tells Rand that he has thirty minutes to show up, or he will kill Harold Meachum. He shoots Joy as incentive to arrive fast, so as to get her aid in time to save her. Without Davos' approval, Rand leaves, arriving at the penthouse just in time to stop Bakuto from killing Harold. Rand is handcuffed by the Hand and taken away. In the elevator, Bakuto explains to Rand that he wanted the Iron Fist so he can help him to get rid of the one who wanted to ruin his plans, and tells Danny about someone who wants to collaborate with him.
- Duel at Bethesda Terrace:
- On the reception floor, Rand manages to summon the Iron Fist again, using it to get rid of his cuffs just in time for Wing and Davos to arrive and help fight Bakuto and his men. After a short skirmish, Bakuto runs away, but is chased and stopped by Colleen Wing. In Bethesda Terrace, Wing and Bakuto duel each other with their swords.
- After a lengthy battle, Wing manages to defeat and stab Bakuto, but when she is about to kill him, she changes her mind and decides not to. Instead, Davos does it for her, claiming that it is the duty of the Iron Fist to destroy the Hand, and if Rand will not do it, he will.
- Rand confronts Davos and tells him that killing Bakuto was the wrong thing to do, but Davos tells him that he did it himself only because Rand could not. When Davos tells him that K'un-Lun would have been better if Chodak and Tashi had never found him, Rand attacks him. A fight ensues between the old friends, ending with Rand's victory. Davos decides to return to K'un-Lun, but not without first claiming that there will be consequences to Rand's actions. During the argument, while they are not watching, the Hand takes away Bakuto's body for resurrection. Wing and Rand are surprised when they turn and find him gone.
- As the sun rises, Harold and Ward Meachum take Joy to Metro-General Hospital. Harold reveals to Ward that he has no intentions to share the company with Danny Rand.
- Rand calls Harold Meachum and informs him that Bakuto is dead, and Meachum thanks him and tells him to rest. He then asks Rand where he will be staying, and Rand lets him know he will be in the Chikara Dojo.
- Rand confesses to Wing that she is the one person who has made him feel part of a family again recently. They kiss and enter the dojo together.
- Harold Meachum frames Rand for the Hand's illegal activities in drug transportation, and sends the information to the DEA so they can go to arrest him, therefore removing him from the picture.
- Chase of Danny Rand: After a short rest, Wing wakes and trains with Rand. Ward Meachum sends Rand a message warning him of a trap set by Harold, as DEA agents enter the building to capture Rand. He and Wing fight them and escape from the dojo, running to flee from the scene.
- The New York Bulletin publishes a last-minute article named "Wanted", describing the recent reports about Rand being involved on drug's transport.
- Thembi Wallace gives a report on WJBP-TV about Danny Rand allegedly using Rand Enterprises to transport drugs around South America.
- Harold Meachum prepares to reveal himself to be alive and take control of Rand Enterprises.
- Jeri Hogarth decides to stand for Danny Rand, and prepares to build a defense. She asks Ward Meachum if he thinks that Rand is guilty, and he answers no. Before Ward can confess who set the trap for Rand, they are interrupted by Harold, to Hogarth's shock, having believed him to be dead. She claims that faking his death for all those years is fraud on the highest level, but Harold ignores her and asks her to leave so he can talk to Ward alone. Hogarth leaves, and Ward confronts Harold, reminding him that he is in Rand's debt, because he freed Harold from the Hand. Ward realizes that Harold has been using Rand ever since he returned, but Harold grins, saying he has been messing with him for far longer than that.
- Rand and Colleen Wing, who have been on the run all day, discover the reason for the DEA's chase from a New York Bulletin newspaper, and decide to contact Jeri Hogarth. Temple is contacted by Rand and Wing, and is sent to look for Hogarth. She approaches Hogarth with a $5 bill, on which "J-Money", Rand's nickname for her, has been written, so that Hogarth realizes it is Rand who is trying to contact her. This convinces her to follow Temple to where Rand and Wing are hiding.
- Hogarth tells the fugitives that she needs proof of their innocence. She shows them the files that the DEA received, and Rand realizes that they are the Hand's drug transport records, tampered by Harold Meachum. He tells Hogarth that there is a tablet with all of the Hand's data, and she says that it would serve to prove his innocence.
- Rand remembers that he gave it to Harold Meachum, so he decides to visit Madame Gao and ask her if there are any backups of the files. On arriving at the Hand Compound, they ask Gao for the files, but she confirms that the data was deleted, and there is no copy of it. Gao tells Rand that she knows his true motive for returning to New York was to avenge his parents' deaths, but he denies this. Gao then reveals that Harold Meachum was the one who caused the airplane crash so as to take control of Rand Enterprises. Rand refuses to believe her, so she tells him the story of how Meachum was diagnosed with cancer and looked for her help, and that they made a deal to bring him back from the dead once he started to transport her drug in China. However, when Wendell Rand almost discovered, Meachum was afraid of him ruining everything, so he had Gao poison the pilots of the plane while they were travelling to Anzhou to investigate. Gao tells Rand that he will gain complete control of the Iron Fist only once he kills Meachum.
- Back in the city, Rand confesses to Temple and Wing that he wants to kill Harold Meachum, but they tell him that if he crosses through that door, he may never come back. Wing worries that if he kills Meachum, his Chi may also be corrupted and he will never become the person he is meant to be, and he eventually decides not to kill him, but take him to justice.
- Ward Meachum visits Joy at the hospital and tries to convince her that Harold is not the father they used to love, and that he has done terrible things, and forced Ward to do the same. She still refuses to believe him, so he gives her the newspaper about the drug transportation allegations against Rand, before leaving the room.
- Danny Rand calls Ward Meachum and agrees to meet with him. Meachum reveals that the tablet is locked in a safe, but he does not know the combination. Rand reveals to him that Harold was the one who killed his parents, to Ward's surprise.
- Joy Meachum arrives at the Rand Enterprises Building and confronts her father about putting Rand in a trap. Harold insists that he did not show her all the drug transport data previously, but that Rand was definitely involved with the Hand. Joy does not believe him and asks for proof, and Harold lies, telling her that he does not have the data anymore because he gave it to the DEA. Not buying this, Joy becomes upset, deciding to leave the building. Ward sees her leaving the building, crying.
- Battle at the Rand Enterprises Building:
- Ward Meachum enters the building and calls Rand, Wing, and Temple to inform them that Harold has a lot of armed bodyguards at the entry and in his office, before he is knocked out from behind by his father. Worried about Ward, and with no intention to let Harold get away, Rand and Wing enter the building, as Temple starts a fire nearby as a distraction. A battle ensues as Harold's men fight Wing and Rand.
- When Harold Meachum attempts to kill Wing, Rand uses the Iron Fist, full of Chi, to hit the floor as hard as possible. This causes a massive shockwave that knocks out all of the men, but not Meachum himself, who makes his way to the rooftop. Rand follows him and a further battle ensues between both of them. Meachum shoots Rand in his hand, injuring him severely, believing it will prevent his Iron Fist ability. Rand keeps attacking him, but Meachum manages to knock him out momentarily. Rand then focuses his energy on one thing: to defeat Meachum. He attacks him again, causing Meachum to be impaled on a metal rod.
- As Harold Meachum tries to free himself from the metal rod, Rand remembers how he defeated Shou-Lao. He tells Meachum, like he once told the immortal dragon, that the battle is won. Meachum manages to free himself from the piece of metal and shoots at Rand, but Rand is alerted by Colleen Wing, who, along with Ward Meachum, has come to the rooftop to help defeat Harold. Directing his Chi into his hand, Rand uses it to heal his injury, then defend himself from Harold's final attack. Finally, Ward shoots Harold, making him fall from the rooftop to his final death.
- Ward Meachum and Danny Rand go to the morgue to see Harold's corpse be cremated, and Ward thanks Rand for being there for him. Jeri Hogarth arrives and tells them that all the charges against Rand have been withdrawn. Meachum offers Rand the option to return to Rand Enterprises and run the company with him, like their parents should have, but Rand claims that he is not a good business man.
- Rand goes to the Chikara Dojo, where Colleen Wing and Claire Temple have resumed training. Temple leaves, giving them advice on her way out, telling them they need time to sort themselves out. Rand tells Wing that he has finally decided to return to K'un-Lun, just before the entrance closes. He says that he wants to use the Iron Fist to do some good outside of K'un-Lun, but that to achieve that, he must first finish his training. He offers for her to come with him, and Wing happily accepts.
- Davos meets with Joy Meachum, and they discuss how Danny Rand's return has only caused their lives to fall apart. He tells her that the only way to stop Rand from ruining their lives further is killing him, and that he believes he can help Meachum with that. She is curious, and tells him she is listening to whatever he is planning. As they talk, Madame Gao listens in at the table next to them.
- While training with Daniel Drumm, Kaecilius questions whether he is bothered by how closed off the Ancient One is in sharing her knowledge.
- As Kaecilius sleeps, he dreams of his wife and son. The dream turns into a horrible nightmare of their disfigured skeletons, driving him to further action against the Ancient One. On waking, Kaecilius visits the Kamar-Taj library and looks in the Book of Cagliostro from the Ancient One’s private collection. He comes to realize that he needs others to help him perform the rituals found inside. Claiming that the Ancient One hides knowledge from them, Kaecilius gathers his students to form the Zealots and rebel against the other masters, aiming to find their own meaning.
- A group of Hand ninjas, led by Elektra, arrive at the entrance of K'un-Lun, unprotected with the Iron Fist missing. A battle ensues, ending with many of the K'un-Lun monks, as well as all of the Hand ninjas being killed. The entrance to K'un-Lun is closed prematurely to escape to safety, meaning that nobody can enter for the foreseeable future.
- Danny Rand and Colleen Wing arrive at K'un-Lun, only to find the dead Hand ninjas, and the entrance closed. Rand blames himself for what happened, claiming that he should have been there to help.
- Attack on the National Police of Colombia Convoy: Elena Rodriguez attacks the Colombian Police Arsenal.
- Phil Coulson sends a team to Bogotá to investigate the incident while he meets with President Matthew Ellis in Rosalind Price's apartment. They discuss the future of the Inhumans and although Ellis rejects the reauthorization of S.H.I.E.L.D. to the public, because of its negative image since the Battle at the Triskelion, he says that Coulson will effectively run the search for Inhumans, but the ATCU will still be the public face of the mission. He also says he will name a new head of the ATCU shortly.
- Daisy Johnson and Joey Gutierrez speak at the National Police of Colombia Bogotá Station to gain access to the crime scene.
- Bobbi Morse, Lance Hunter, and Alphonso Mackenzie investigate the crime scene.
- Mackenzie encounters Elena Rodriguez, and notices her scuffed shoes from the raid. Believing that he is another corrupt policeman, Rodriguez steals his gun and kidnaps him using her super speed. She takes him back to her apartment with the help of her cousin Francisco.
- At the Playground, Lincoln Campbell explains to Jemma Simmons about the equilibrium of Inhuman powers. Coulson bursts in, taking Fitz aside to ask him his opinion on Campbell joining the team. Fitz also expresses worry that he did the wrong thing in destroying the body of Will Daniels to kill It. Coulson states that he needs to put Werner von Strucker in the Theta Brain-Wave Frequency Machine to find out how to get to Malick.
- Elena Rodriguez sends Francisco to get rid of the weapons from the raid by throwing them into a river.
- Gideon Malick visits It in Schoonebeek Oil Field, finding him still in a weak state.
- Elena Rodriguez tells Alphonso Mackenzie that she is not a criminal, and believes her new powers are a gift from God to do good. Mackenzie begins to explain about Terrigenesis and Inhumanity when Daisy Johnson, Bobbi Morse, Lance Hunter, and Joey Gutierrez rescue him from Rodriguez's custody and take her in a Containment Module. Morse and Hunter are sent to stop Francisco.
- Von Strucker goes into the machine. Campbell has to shock him out of a traumatic loop, and he eventually recalls aloud how he found Malick using his father's advice.
- It eats meat to gain strength. He tells a doubting Giyera that he will prove his legitimacy soon.
- Rodriguez explains to the group that the police are corrupt, and she was taking action to make things better. They believe her, and Johnson calls Hunter and Morse to tell them Francisco is not a criminal and to beware the police.
- Hunter and Morse confront Francisco Rodriguez, when a team of the National Police of Colombia arrive. They bring out an Inhuman called Lucio who uses paralysis powers from his eyes to capture Morse and Hunter, and they kill Rodriguez.
- When the team tell Elena about her cousin's murder, she agrees to help the team to rescue their friends and get revenge for her cousin's death.
- Rescue in the Colombian Police Station: Rodriguez helps the team successfully enter the Police Station and fight the corrupt Colombian police. The team defeat the police force and rescue their friends as Johnson and Gutierrez use their powers to capture Lucio. However, when they start to leave the station, a HYDRA QuadCopter arrives from overhead and uses an Extraction Claw to capture him and take him away.
- Meanwhile, Coulson uses his information from von Strucker and goes to Malick's warehouse. He uses the phone von Strucker used there to call Malick, but when he picks up, Coulson only delivers a warning to him that he is tracking all of his phones, and it will cost him millions to shut down all the offices it has tracked to.
- Coulson watches the news about how Malick has shut down several offices in the night. The team say goodbye to Rodriguez, who decides to stay in Colombia, but they give her a device to keep in contact.
- Giyera informs Malick that Lucio is currently being treated by the doctors. It decides he is ready to show Giyera his power, and uses his powers to infect him.
- Matthew Ellis calls Coulson and tells him that he has made Glenn Talbot the new leader of the ATCU.
- When he finds out Talbot is the new head of the organization, Malick sends agents to kidnap his son George Talbot and put him in Suspension Gel, so as to blackmail Talbot to give Malick influence over the ATCU and betray Coulson.
- Malick makes a deal with Felix Blake, the head of the alien hate group the Watchdogs. The organization has until now been only posting hate online, but HYDRA offers them the resources to become active in attacking the Inhumans and the agencies protecting them, claiming to have common interest. The Watchdogs become more militarized and radicalized, and begin planning attacks with Malick fueling their actions.
- Having now recovered, Lucio is brought before It as Malick assures him he has been making moves this week to help their cause. It proceeds to infect Lucio the same way he infected Giyera.
- Coulson meets with Glenn Talbot to discuss their new working partnership. His wife Carla is disapproving after the kidnap of her son. Lincoln Campbell watches on as he continues to learn to be an agent, and he notices a sinister man trailing Talbot.
- As the man closes in, Melinda May recognizes him as Carl Creel, and she and Campbell close in to protect Talbot and Coulson.
- Just as Coulson wishes Talbot goodnight, Creel arrives and a fight ensues. Campbell and May bring him down, only to be surprised when Talbot says that Creel was not attacking, but protecting him.
- Talbot explains that they broke Creel's conditioning and have trained him to be a good and loyal bodyguard. Jemma Simmons asks Creel in his Containment Module about how he managed to survive the effects of the Diviner. They wonder whether his DNA could hold the answer to a cure for Terrigenesis.
- Coulson's Team, with Talbot and Creel, set off in the morning to fly to Taipei, Taiwan for a symposium of various world ambassadors. They believe that Malick has an inside man or woman working for him at the meeting, and plan how to infiltrate the officials' rooms to find out who.
- Talbot and Coulson arrive at the symposium. They begin to talk to attendees Anton Petrov, Xiao Chen. and Ellen King in an attempt to work out who is secretly working for Malick.
- At the Playground, Daisy Johnson gives Lincoln Campbell fight training for his upcoming test. The two end up intimate, but are interrupted by Simmons, asking for Campbell's help looking at Creel's blood.
- Infiltration into the Symposium on Alien Contagion:
- Coulson, pretending to be "Dr. Sean Lundwall", teaches the officials about the Inhumans, and the attendees all debate and discuss the contagion, trying to come to an agreement on how to act, while Coulson's agents investigate their rooms. Petrov suggests a home for Inhumans in Russia.
- While investigating, Hunter spots Creel leaving his post and goes to stop him. He finds a truck, containing the Suspension Gel chamber of George Talbot. As he attempts to warn his team that something is wrong, Creel surprises him and knocks him out. At the symposium, Talbot suddenly, to Coulson's shock and horror, betrays him by announcing that Coulson is a traitor in their midst. Gideon Malick enters, declaring him "Phil Coulson, the head of HYDRA," and has him taken away.
- Campbell watches Simmons demonstrate that Creel's blood reverses the effects of Terrigenesis. Johnson arrives and the two end up arguing over the need for the "cure"; whether Terrigenesis is an Inhuman birth right or an earned privilege.
- Hunter wakes and distracts his assailants as Morse and May attack them from behind. The three then proceed to try to help Coulson and defeat the HYDRA agents.
- When Malick turns his back on his deal with Talbot, Phil Coulson and Glenn Talbot are lined up to be shot by HYDRA soldiers. However, before they can fire, the duo are rescued by Carl Creel. They go to reunite with May, Hunter, and Morse. Together, they defeat the HYDRA agents, but Malick gets away to drive to the airport. Coulson sends Hunter and Morse to follow him.
- Daisy Johnson visits Lincoln Campbell in his room to apologize. The two make up and sleep together for the first time.
- Hunter lets Coulson know that he and Morse are hiding in the hold of Malick's private plane, as Malick is flying with Anton Petrov to Russia. Petrov expresses his gratefulness for Malick's offer to help Russia deal with Inhumans.
- Disagreeing with the plan for an Inhuman reservation, the Russian prime minister Dimitri Olshenko sends his attaché Yuri Krupin to shut down the operation. However, Krupin is killed by an Inhuman working for Petrov, Androvich, the Minister of Defense and a former KGB assassin.
- Malick's plane lands in Moscow and he starts moving trucks to a Russian facility in Siberia. Morse and Hunter exit the hold and hide, watching the trucks and reporting back to Coulson's Team, flying over on the Zephyr One. They follow the trucks and soon they get to the Russian Inhuman Sanctuary.
- Hunter and Morse spy on the Russian Inhuman Sanctuary from the nearby woods. They notice a tied up Inhuman being taken into the compound. They are caught by four soldiers, who they resort to taking out in combat.
- Hunter and Morse rendezvous with the rest of the team on the Zephyr, having now landed nearby, and discuss plans to infiltrate the Russian Inhuman Sanctuary.
- Melinda May and Lance Hunter hide from a patrol as they move in on the base. They discover the dead body of Russian Prime Minister Dimitri Olshenko's attaché Yuri Krupin.
- Bobbi Morse, Daisy Johnson, and Alphonso Mackenzie break into the security room of the facility. Morse takes the clothes of the guard she knocked out to use as an undercover disguise, and leaves to find Gideon Malick and Anton Petrov.
- Morse infiltrates a meeting, while Coulson's Team listen in from Morse's comms. They hear as Malick tells Petrov and FSO agents about Olshenko's disapproval of an Inhuman reservation, and Petrov informs them of Androvich having killed Olshenko's attaché. Malick tells the group that they need allegiance with the Inhumans, but that the prime minister cannot lead them. He suggests releasing Androvich to eliminate those against the idea; Coulson realizes he is staging a coup.
- Morse follows Malick's group, but loses them when she is forced to stop and take down an agent who notices she is missing her tie. Johnson attempts to hack the door to Androvich's cell so Morse can enter, as Androvich is already being cut loose.
- Simmons reports on the cause of Krupin's death, saying that it seems he was strangled, but there is no external evidence of physical harm, suggesting Androvich's power is psychic. Hunter is confused when he sees Malick leaving. Androvich escapes before Morse can stop him.
- Coulson notices helicopters arriving, and realizes the prime minister and his detail are traveling to the compound, and that Malick is planning for Androvich, now on the loose, to kill him. He instructs his team to ignore Malick and protect the prime minister.
- Infiltration into the Russian Inhuman Sanctuary:
- Prime Minister Olshenko arrives and finds out about Yuri Krupin's death. He declares the soldiers to be traitors and a fight ensues, where Hunter manages to guide Olshenko to safety and Morse takes the general the other way, with Johnson and Mackenzie following behind.
- Androvich uses his abilities of Darkforce manifestation to manipulate his shadow's density and turn on the trio to attack. They cannot retaliate, as he is intangible.
- Meanwhile, Anton Petrov is killed by Lance Hunter when he attempts to kill Olshenko. Simmons realizes the team have to kill Androvich himself to prevent any more manifestations. The general's shadow takes out Agent Johnson, then goes after the prime minister, but Morse runs ahead and shoots Androvich first, amidst his guards. She and Hunter are taken in by the general's guard for the murder, and the deaths of Petrov and Krupin.
- Phil Coulson contacts President Ellis to get involved and save the lives of Morse and Hunter.
- At Moscow's Interpol Black Site, interrogation begins on Morse and Hunter over the recent incident, and the accusations that they are former agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Both of them persistently ignore the questions.
- Morse and Hunter are put through polygraph lie detector tests, but avoid answering the questions. However, when Morse denies that she was the one to kill Petrov, the interrogator, Duval, plays this is as a confession that it was Hunter, and Hunter is dragged away from his interrogation. Bobbi Morse is informed by Duval that if she wishes to save Hunter from being executed by the firing squad, she must reveal she is from S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dr. Holden Radcliffe is forced to leave the GT Agrochemical Facility due to his transhumanist experiments, which are considered unethical.
- Hunter is taken from the firing squad when President Matthew Ellis arrives and intervenes. Morse and Hunter reunite and discuss how to act next.
- Ellis tells Olshenko there was a coup attempt on his life, and he should be appreciative. Coulson also arrives, introduced as a high up member of the ATCU. He informs the prime minister that Androvich was trying to kill him.
- Coulson enters the room to speak to Morse and Hunter. He pretends not to know them, then uses his prosthetic hand to subtly turn off the camera signal for 90 seconds, and tells them the risky extraction plan the team have made. However, the duo refuse, saying that they are willing to take the hit so as to protect S.H.I.E.L.D. Seeing their determined resolve, Coulson sadly agrees that he will let them go.
- Maintaining the pretense of not knowing the duo, Coulson negotiates Morse and Hunter's release from Interpol. However, they know they will always now be tailed by agents, and so can never interact with S.H.I.E.L.D. or their friends ever again.
- Coulson returns to the Zephyr One and explains downheartedly to the team why their friends can never come back. This upsets them, especially Alphonso Mackenzie, who becomes very emotional.
- In a pub in the United States of America, Lance Hunter and Bobbi Morse discuss what they can do next. They notice a conspicuous man nearby, who they realize is spying on them. Unbeknownst to them, their friends are also in the pub, ordering shots for them in order to pay their last respects from afar: a "Spy's Goodbye". The team begin to slowly exit the pub, but Mackenzie stays a little longer, tearing up because of having to leave his close friends. Morse and Hunter become very emotional, and hold hands, knowing they at least have each other for support.
- Gideon Malick returns home and reunites with his daughter Stephanie Malick. The two of them shoot birds together and discuss It, and how he seems to be biding his time before taking any action. Stephanie says she knows he will change the world.
- After a few weeks of preparation, Lincoln Campbell has his S.H.I.E.L.D. assessment. While he believes it went alright, the results show that there are issues over his commitment to the cause, and with his reckless and unruly behavior.
- Alphonso Mackenzie begins a week off at home to take a break after losing Hunter and Morse, and spend some time with his brother Ruben. The two plan a relaxing time together.
- Attack on the ATCU Headquarters: Malick's men raid the ATCU facility in Indiana and steal a nuclear warhead, as a squad of Watchdogs led by Watchdog Alpha then move in to attack the facility and cover up the raid. The group film themselves as they declare that the government is keeping secrets on the aliens, and demanding the information to be released. Alpha fires several rounds of Nitramene onto the building, and the facility is destroyed in a giant implosion.
- The Mackenzie brothers watch the destruction of the ATCU facility on WZTM News.
- The ticker of the channel informs "L.A. Dodger Brady Kelly closing in on MLB record for most hits. Current record is held by Pete Rose", "Philadelphia DA to hold press conference to discuss shooting of local law professor", and "Gang war rages in Hell's Kitchen. Authorities searching for solution".
- Phil Coulson calls and assigns Mackenzie to investigate the destruction of the facility before the police pick it clean. Mackenzie reluctantly tells his brother that he has to go.
- At the Playground, Daisy Johnson tells Coulson that the Watchdogs' active behavior is unusual. Lincoln Campbell arrives back from his agent assessment reasonably positive, but Coulson hints that the results of the evaluation report were not completely satisfactory. He sends Johnson and Leo Fitz to the site of the destroyed facility to join Mackenzie.
- Fitz discovers Nitramene in the residue from the bombs that the Watchdogs used, and Johnson reports this back to Coulson. He tells her that Felix Blake used to be fixated on improving the Nitramene formula created by Howard Stark in the 1940s, and deduces that the renegade ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is the head of the hate organization.
- Johnson reveals to Fitz and Mackenzie that she has been tracking some of the Watchdogs, and decides to use her powers to stop and threaten one to find out information. Mackenzie disapproves, saying that it is sidestepping civil liberties, and despite how badly the organization acts, S.H.I.E.L.D. should respond better. However, Johnson goes ahead.
- Coulson and Campbell begin the mission to find Blake.
- Returning home, Alphonso Mackenzie has a discussion with Ruben about the fact that he is never around to help him and their family.
- Jemma Simmons decides to help Melinda May to find Andrew Garner.
- Daisy Johnson stops Dallas Wyatt, a Watchdog she has been tracking, as he is driving. She gets in his car and shatters his windows to scare him. Fitz reluctantly holds a gun to Wyatt's head at the broken window, and from the threat, Johnson manages to get the information that the Watchdogs meet at Easterling Farms.
- Raid on Easterling Farms:
- Johnson contacts Mackenzie to inform him of the Watchdogs' location. He reunites with Fitz and Johnson. They incapacitate two guards and send in one of Fitz's new cloaked D.W.A.R.F.s to spy in the farm. The device picks up audio of Blake, and Johnson sends a message to Coulson to let him know.
- Ruben Mackenzie arrives to show Alphonso that he has fixed his motorcycle, but when he sees his brother fighting, he decides to leave. Alphonso incapacitates three agents and Johnson quakes another, however two more Watchdogs assume that Mackenzie is the one who has powers. Alphonso goes after Ruben as he drives away.
- Coulson and Campbell enter the basement of Blake's Atlanta safe house as Daisy Johnson moves in on attacking Blake, but as she gets closer, she sees no sign of him there.
- Simultaneously, Coulson is surprised to find Blake in the basement of the safe house. At the farm, Watchdog Oscar shoots a projectile of Nitramene onto Fitz's neck. Johnson quakes him and runs back to inject sodium hydrogen acetate into the implosive, but instead of neutralizing it like it should, it only slows the implosion, because of Blake's modifications to the formula. She takes him back to a Containment Module with Oscar.
- Coulson comes to realize that Felix Blake is likely not really there, but simply a holographic projection. As he wants to test Lincoln Campbell on following orders, he orders Campbell to kill Blake, and after initially disagreeing, he fires electricity at Blake, proving he is only a hologram. He congratulates Campbell for following orders.
- Using liquid nitrogen from the outside of the module, the Nitramene is disarmed, saving Fitz's life.
- Oscar reveals to Johnson that Blake promised them they could actually kill an Inhuman, but they had assumed it was Mackenzie, not her, and laughs that several of their men are going after Mackenzie now.
- Attack on Alphonso Mackenzie:
- While the brothers discuss, a group of Watchdogs arrive at the Mackenzie Residence, breaking into the home to kill the Mackenzies. A fight ensues between the Mackenzies and the Watchdogs.
- Using a homemade shotgun-axe, the brothers successfully defeat their assailants, but Alphonso receives a bullet to the shoulder; he passes out due to the loss of blood.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. arrive to take Mackenzie to a nearby facility for medical treatment. Daisy Johnson tells Ruben Mackenzie that Damage Control will clean up, and assures him that Alphonso will be fine. She tells him they might call one day if they need help with mechanics, and drives him to the facility where his brother is being treated.
- Analyzing footage from the Attack on the ATCU Headquarters, Johnson realizes that the bombing was a cover-up and distraction from HYDRA as they stole something from the facility. They realize Malick is funding the Watchdogs and feeding them intel.
- Giyera meets with Felix Blake, who tells him that he kept his part of the deal, and wants weapons in return to hunt down the Inhumans. Giyera assures him that if the plan continues to go well, their common enemies will die, and Blake will have armed soldiers.
- The United States of America vice president departs on a global outreach trip.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter announcing "Tune in for exclusive coverage in a WHiH Newsfront: Special Report coming soon."
- The Miami Marathon is held, resulting in a record-breaking time.
- Thaddeus Ross announces his retirement from the army.
- Top musicians meet in Nashville to discuss music streaming services.
- Rumors of layoffs at Pym Technologies begin to circulate.
- WHiH Newsfront posts another video. Everhart questions who should account for the devastation from superhero incidents. She introduces political correspondent Will Adams, who states that discoveries still being found in the Black Widow leak. He defends superheroes, stating that their actions have saved many lives, but Everhart states that here they are not talking about that, but about the collateral damage. The question is posed to the audience of whether there should be oversight on superheroes. They post on Twitter announcing "WHiH Newsfront returns with a special report: The Avengers have saved our world… but at what cost?"
- The ticker of the video informs "... European manufactured daily supplement to help correct the adverse effects of staring at a mobile device for hours each day", "Miami Marathon sees new world record set; runner cites Captain America as inspiration", "One of the most controversial figures of our time left us with more questions than answers. Who Was Alexander Pierce?: A WHiH Special Report tonight at 9:00 PM EST", "U.S. vice president begins global outreach trip, with stops to Sokovia AND South Africa planned", "Top artists meets in Nashville for summit to revisit streaming music service pros and cons in hopes coming to a resolution with record labels and online distributors", and "Lt. Gen. Thaddeus Ross announces retirement from the army...".
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter saying "Tune in to get the latest world news and insight on the issues that matter to you on WHiH Newsfront."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reminding "Watch an all-new edition of Newsfront with Christine & Will as they look back at "The World the Hero Leaves Behind". https://youtu.be/MvkZx3Lojuc"
- Pepper Potts debuts intellicrop technology for Stark Industries to celebrate Earth Day.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Stark Industries celebrates Earth Day as CEO Pepper Potts debuts breakthrough in intellicrop technology."
- Culver University holds a pep rally in celebration of a great academic year in sports.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Culver University holds pep rally to celebrate historic, record-breaking year in athletics."
- Who Was Alexander Pierce?: A WHiH Special Report airs on TV.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter stating "Crater in New Mexico rumored to have held Thor’s hammer continues to draw crowds."
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Government says clean-up of Potomac River after destruction of S.H.I.E.L.D. "nearing end"."
- The Inhuman Charles Hinton accidentally causes citizen Edwin Abbott to have a frightening vision of his own death in the near future.
- While monitoring emergency dispatch, Coulson's Team hear Abbott calling in for Johnson, who has never heard of him. They fly to Dyker Heights to find him.
- The team find Abbott terrified and exclaiming that HYDRA is going to come soon, and he is about to die. He says that he had a vision of these moments, and the homeless man "Charles" must have cursed him.
- Kidnapping of Charles Hinton: A HYDRA QuadCopter swoops in suddenly to kidnap Hinton. As HYDRA captures him with an Extraction Claw, Johnson tries to save him, but when she touches him, she has a vision of the future.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter asking "Many questions still unanswered after Pym Tech HQ explosion: Who was responsible? Where were the Avengers?"
- While It and Gideon Malick have dinner in Schoonebeek Oil Field, HYDRA soldiers bring Hinton to them. They then set off to fly to the Transia Corporation.
- Coulson's Team deliberate over how to act on Johnson's vision. Leo Fitz explains how time cannot be altered due to the concept of four dimensions. Despite this, Phil Coulson decides they can ensure it does not occur, so long as May goes on the mission and Johnson stays in the base.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "Captain America exhibit will begin touring the country starting next week."
- Coulson discovers that the homeless man is Charles Hinton, and sends agents to find his family, who he walked out on in July 2015.
- Malick, It, Giyera, and Hinton arrive at the Transia Corporation Building.
- Polly Hinton, Charles' wife, is brought to the Playground for questioning. She explains to Daisy Johnson the nature of her husband's powers and how he had eventually left them in order to protect his daughter.
- Malick holds a board meeting with the Transia Corporation where he tells the CEO that he wants to acquire their new exoskeleton, as well as wanting to buy the whole company. However, the CEO, Rowan Hamilton, calls this request ridiculous, so It has Hinton touch the man, to show him what will happen due to his lack of compliance. Scared by the vision of his death, Hamilton agrees. However, It proceeds to massacre the board members anyway, excluding Hamilton.
- May goes to Johnson to get her help in preparing for the fight Johnson saw in her vision. The team use resources in the base to recreate the scene of the fight, and have other agents play the soldiers who will be in the office. May practices the attack, but is not fast enough to save Hinton if this were the real fight.
- Using the exoskeleton in order to fully realize his desire to feel power, Malick kills Rowan Hamilton himself.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reminding "Watch the latest WHiH Newsfront update on the financial implications of saving the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvkZx3Lojuc"
- After more rehearsal, May manages to get fast enough to save Hinton. At that moment, an agent informs them that they have found the building from the vision where Hinton will be located. But as Melinda May prepares to leave, she is informed that Andrew Garner has arrived.
- Garner tells May that he is about to turn into Lash for the last time, and wanted to speak with her again before turning, as well as have Lash under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s control.
- May decides to leave on the mission, but Coulson insists that she must speak with Garner. He reluctantly sends Johnson instead.
- Using the security cameras in the Transia Corporation Building, the team discovers that Grant Ward is seemingly alive. But when Fitz deduces that "that" is not Ward himself, but It, Coulson urgently heads to the building.
- Meanwhile, Garner and May discuss recent events together. Soon, Garner's final transformation begins, and he gets himself into the Containment Module. He and May put their palms together either side of the glass. Garner finishes his transition, becoming Lash permanently.
- Battle at the Transia Corporation Building:
- Agent Johnson breaks into the security office and takes down the HYDRA soldiers as planned. With the help of Coulson, Johnson manages to move up to the roof to pursue the agents escaping with Hinton, as the S.H.I.E.L.D. team arrive outside.
- She is ambushed by Gideon Malick with the exoskeleton, brutally attacking her and beating her into the ground, wanting to kill her. However, Hinton touches him, giving him a vision of a death, and shocking him out of the attack.
- The billboard above Johnson explodes, causing Hinton to fall over, and he realizes he is dying. As he he talks with Johnson, she promises him that she will look after his family. He asks her to give his daughter the robin he carved for her, and she agrees. Johnson touches him and is given another glimpse of the future: the death of someone on the team. The horrifying vision ends, and Hinton finally dies from his injuries.
- Malick escapes the building in his helicopter. He calls Giyera to ask where he is and why he is not protecting him. Under It's sway, he replies that he is where he is supposed to be. He tells It, who is with him, that Malick sounded afraid.
- Man or Mandarin: The Trevor Slattery Story production begins.
- The annual Bern science conference is held.
- Gideon Malick arrives home at Malick Mansion only to find out that It has already arrived. Stephanie greets him, and tells him that she has gathered HYDRA's inner circle to meet that evening, as It told her to do.
- WHiH World News roams the streets to ask people their opinion on heroes being held financially responsible for disasters they are involved in, collecting footage for their upcoming Newsfront episode.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter asking "Col. James Rhodes: an officer and an... Avenger? Does that pose a conflict of interest? Newsfront discusses."
- Coulson notes that after the takeover of Transia, their subsidiary GT Agrochemical moved equipment out of its facility in Michigan.
- He and his team depart in the Zephyr One to investigate the compound, and send Lincoln Campbell and Daisy Johnson to the Badlands National Park in South Dakota to find a potential Inhuman Campbell knew from Afterlife, who was never transformed, and always used to rant about the "second coming" of an Inhuman who could "raise the dead".
- Malick talks to his daughter about his vision, and that he is fairly certain that his murderer was It, and that it will happen tonight. Stephanie, however, reassures him that they can trust It.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Annual science conference draws an international crowd in Bern, Switzerland."
- At National Zoo, a panda called Ling Ling is born.
- Campbell and Johnson walk up to JT James' hut, but he warns them not to come closer because they are standing on a landmine. Johnson uses her powers to detonate the remaining mines as Campbell knocks out James with his electrical powers.
- The HYDRA inner circle arrive at Malick Mansion. It reveals himself to them, and to silence his doubters, he unveils his true form.
- Raid of the GT Agrochemical Facility: Coulson's Team break into GT Agrochemical Facility, and after a lengthy fight with Giyera in the base, they manage to capture him.
- James refuses to help Campbell or Johnson. However, Campbell says that he knows James wants to get his powers, and offers him a Terrigen Crystal in return for information. James reveals that he found a mysterious Kree Orb which he will trade. He explains that he learned stories of "Alveus", an Inhuman designed to lead the Inhuman army, but became too powerful and was banished by Inhumans and Humans together. Campbell takes the orb but refuses to give the crystal, telling James he does not deserve powers. Campbell and Johnson leave. 
- After the meeting with the inner circle, Stephanie Malick shows her father that Alveus gave her the gift of the book Paradise Lost. Gideon understands the true significance of the book and its old trick, used by both him and his father, which had resulted in his brother Nathaniel's sacrifice.
- Alveus takes Stephanie with him as he confronts Gideon about the ritual of February 1970. After exposing the truth to his daughter, Alveus proceeds to kill her in front of Malick.
- After an emotional moment, Johnson confesses to Campbell that she had another glimpse from Charles Hinton, of a member of their team dying in the near future.
- Christine Everhart and Will Adams record the next day's installment of WHiH Newsfront.
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "Tomorrow on Newsfront we ask our viewers: who should pay for the damage caused by superheroes? Stay tuned."
- Hijacking and Retaking of Zephyr One:
- Giyera manages to force open the doors of his Containment Module with his powers. He tilts the jet's controls downward to force the Zephyr into Schoonebeek Oil Field. HYDRA soldiers invade and take the plane from S.H.I.E.L.D., with many agents unconscious or injured.
- Melinda May contacts Daisy Johnson to tell her of the hijacking of Zephyr One. Johnson and Campbell decide that they should not be scared of the vision, and it is time to call in the Secret Warriors to help take back the plane and save their friends.
- Daisy Johnson and Lincoln Campbell pick up Joey Gutierrez from a night with his boyfriend in Miami, before flying to Bogotá to pick up Elena Rodriguez.
- Johnson explains the situation to the Secret Warriors as they fly to the Schoonebeek Oil Field.
- Alveus, with Malick, still shocked by the death of his daughter, arrive at the oil field base after a flight.
- Coulson's Team barricade themselves in a room on the Zephyr One after several hours of defending the plane. They attempt to administer medical aid to Agent May's injuries.
- The Secret Warriors enter the facility and fight the HYDRA Soldiers, capturing Gideon Malick in the process.
- Unbeknownst to anyone else, Alveus ambushes Johnson and infects her. He orders her to bring him the Kree Orb and the Terrigen Crystals, while pretending to the team that nothing happened, so as to plant her as a secret insider.
- Johnson hacks into the oil field base and opens the roof of the hangar. During the fight, Lucio is killed by Gutierrez. The team successfully rescue the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and take them back to the Playground.
- Alveus reassures Giyera that they now have someone on the inside: the swayed Agent Johnson.
- WHiH Newsfront posts another video. Everhart and Adams ask who should be financially responsible for Avengers incidents. They show a series of interviews with people on the streets about the subject, who give a mixed response, with some thinking it's right that they pay higher taxes, and some thinking the Avengers should pay. They post on Twitter announcing "WHiH Newsfront asked viewers: "Where should the financial responsibility lie when superheroes are involved?""
- The ticker of the video informs "Production begins on new TV movie "Man or Mandarin: The Trevor Slattery Story"", "Rare albino panda, Ling Ling, born at National Zoo", "Expected start date for Pym Technologies to resume stock trading pushed back in wake of layoff rumors", and "FDA cautions against new "all gluten" diet fad".
- At the Playground, the interrogation of Gideon Malick begins. Coulson speaks with Malick about "Hive", and comments on the fitting nature of the name, considering his parasitic swarm-like living.
- Malick states that Hive can make Inhumans change loyalty and join him, and warns that he may have turned any member of the Secret Warriors.
- Walking out of interrogation, Coulson asks Agent Mackenzie to quietly lock down the base, scared to trust any of the Inhumans.
- Coulson asks Fitz and Simmons to find a way to determine who has been swayed. They hope to find answers from Lucio's body.
- Returning to Malick, he and Phil Coulson discuss revenge for their dead loved ones, with Coulson urging Malick to channel his anger and help them take down Hive. Malick agrees to help and tell him all he knows.
- Alphonso Mackenzie watches the security feeds of the four Inhumans, but looks so closely that he begins to see seemingly suspicious behavior in all their actions.
- Under Hive's influence, Johnson steals a grenade from the weapons room and causes a power cut, using the distraction to walk into Malick's empty interrogation room and kill him before he can reveal any more information on Hive to S.H.I.E.L.D. She brutally murders him by quaking him from both sides, as his head is crushed and bleeds, like he saw in his vision, having assumed his killer to have been Hive. She leaves the grenade next to Malick's body to explode and thus cover up the murder.
- Mackenzie finds that there is a grenade missing as Fitz and Simmons, on their way to Coulson to discuss their findings, notice the light of the grenade from inside Malick's room. They look around and see his dead body, just before the blast goes off.
- Knowing a swayed Secret Warrior must have been behind the murder, Coulson leads his agents to gather the Inhumans, to explain the situation and incapacitate them until they can determine who it is. However, the Inhumans escape together.
- After discussing who could be the traitor, Johnson promises the team that she will help them to escape, but secretly agrees with Coulson to lead all four of them out of the base to safety by a secret passage, sending a message to him to meet them at the Containment Module bay to hand over to S.H.I.E.L.D.
- While searching the Inhumans' locker room, Mackenzie finds the Kree Orb in Campbell's locker, and believes it to be proof that Campbell is the swayed Inhuman, and he came back to retrieve the orb for Hive.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter asking "WHiH Newsfront opinion poll: Who should pay for the damage when superheroes are involved?" The results eventually turned out as 76% "The government", 24% "The heroes".
- Johnson tricks the team as she leads them into the quarantine bay where they find Coulson, who confronts Campbell, ousting him as the infected one. Angered that they are falsely accusing him and will not listen, Campbell attacks Coulson, but Johnson knocks him out.
- Coulson tells Johnson that he has to disband the Secret Warriors, and they cannot be allowed to encounter Hive in the meantime. However, Rodriguez and Gutierrez leave the base in anger.
- Escape from the Playground:
- Johnson reveals to an angered Campbell that she is in fact the swayed Inhuman, and offers him to come with her, but he refuses.
- Johnson steals several Terrigen Crystals and the Kree Orb, proceeding to break into the Playground's hangar. She unleashes her abilities and shakes the whole base in an earthquake, wreaking havoc and destruction. Johnson then escapes through the broken roof of the hangar, while trapping the rest of the team in the base with the falling debris.
- Due to Daisy Johnson's betrayal, Phil Coulson reminds the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that she is still one of their own, but under Hive's sway, and they will try their best to rescue her.
- Melinda May skillfully pilots the Zephyr to exit the Playground while the others discuss Johnson's current addiction to Hive, and the possibility that scientist Holden Radcliffe might be able to cure her.
- May gives Jemma Simmons a gun to use in the mission to procure Radcliffe.
- Johnson reunites with Hive.
- A new high-speed train system makes its first trip.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter saying "In light of the recent cleanup progress in D.C., Newsfront revisits Natasha Romanoff’s congressional testimony."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "High-speed train system utilizing maglev technology makes first trip from New York City to Los Angeles."
- Coulson deduces that Hive is building an army, and Alisha Whitley would be an asset for him. Lincoln Campbell is sent to apprehend her before Hive can reach her. However, the agents soon realize that Whitley has already been visited by Hive, when she tries to use a clone to kill Campbell. Coulson saves Campbell by killing Whitley's clone.
- In Bucharest, Fitz and Simmons go to a bar and meet a woman called Anon, who says she will take them to Radcliffe.
- Thaddeus Ross meets with Matthew Ellis in the Oval Office to privately discuss potentially appointing Ross as the new Secretary of State.
- WHiH posts on Twitter saying "We asked you: "Who should bear the financial burden caused by superhero altercations?" See the full report here: https://youtu.be/o4iFusVgqBM"
- JT James is visited by Hive and Daisy Johnson. James refuses to reveal the location of the companion piece to the Kree Orb, so Hive smashes a crystal to put James through Terrigenesis, so that he can sway him to take them to it. Hive reveals that the orb pieces are the only thing that can destroy him.
- WHiH posts on Twitter saying "Group of college students decide to spend their spring break volunteering in Sokovia. All this & more on Newsfront"
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter asking "Who should cover the costs when superheroes are involved?"
- Meanwhile, Anon tells Fitz and Simmons that to earn her trust and prove the worth of the eye technology they offer to Radcliffe, they must perform an optic surgery on a living human, giving him the cybernetic eyes. Simmons calls them out, realizing that it is a ruse, and they earn an audience with the scientist.
- In order to prevent Hive from controlling James, May and Coulson go to his residence in South Dakota, but it explodes when they arrive. Coulson uses a force field shield in his prosthetic hand to protect them from the blast.
- Kidnapping of Holden Radcliffe: Hive and Johnson go to Bucharest and confront Fitz and Simmons, wanting to take Radcliffe for their own purposes. Hive uses the memories of Will Daniels to try to entice Simmons as he talks to her. Johnson uses her powers on Fitz, and tells him that she has no desire to be saved by S.H.I.E.L.D.; that if she sees one of them again, she will kill them. Simmons manages to escape from Hive, shooting him, but he simply heals himself. Johnson and Hive capture Radcliffe.
- Destruction of HYDRA:
- James chooses the name of Hellfire, as Hive reveals that he wants Radcliffe to recreate the Kree experiments that were performed on him, in order to transform Humans into Inhumans. Hive has bought a city using Gideon Malick's money, where Radcliffe can work freely.
- The repairs in Washington, D.C. after the Battle at the Triskelion finally finish after two years.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "Clean-up of Washington, D.C. post-destruction of Triskelion complete."
- Transia Corporation announces a new interim-CEO after the death of their last one.
- President Ellis releases a statement congratulating the citizens of Washington, D.C. on the clean-up effort.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter quoting "Pres. Ellis: "Today is a day that demonstrates the true colors of the people of Washington, D.C.""
- Thaddeus Ross follows up Ellis' statement with his own, recognizing the people of D.C.'s endeavors.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Thaddeus Ross gives statement commending the people of Washington, D.C. on efforts to rebuild the nation's capital."
- WHiH Newsfront posts another video. Christine Everhart and Will Adams mention that the financial cost of clean-up efforts from Avengers incidents have crossed $1 trillion, and Everhart says politicians are wondering if there is a more strategic plan for better managing potential future events. Adams states that the White House has no official viewpoint, but that Ellis has commended Avengers' heroic past deeds. The video shows that the Ellis Administration have also announced that HYDRA is eradicated, as Adams goes on to express his view that he believes the Avengers are heroes who should be commended.
- Everhart then states that there are reports of the president meeting with Thaddeus Ross about a potential appointment. Adams says the Avengers are effective, but Everhart replies that she thinks Ellis is feeling pressured, then insists agencies worldwide should step up and figure out a means to work with the heroes. WHiH post on Twitter announcing "'Watch: Newsfront debates the role of the White House & the Avengers + rumors of Thaddeus Ross moving to politics."
- The ticker of the video informs "Myth or new discovery? Reports of "massive ant-like insect" sightings continue to pour in from San Francisco suburbs", "Transia Corporation announces interim-CEO", "Local New York business owner commissions famously incognito street artist to create Avengers mural on the wall of his booming shawarma restaurant", "Schools in Minnesota introduce elective classes focusing on the recent history in the making: the age of superheroes", "Airline adds themed flights for cult classic TV shows and films", and "Reality show star releases new fashion line designed primarily from burlap".
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Sources: Thaddeus Ross has privately met with President Ellis at the Oval Office. For more: https://youtu.be/0OguhAYbjrs"
- The national lottery is drawn, but there are no winners.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter saying "'In the wake of the Battle of Sokovia, many international governments are asking "Where is the Hulk?""
- Pym Technologies reopens business after its headquarters imploded a year before, albeit with huge lay-offs.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "No winners in last night’s national lottery draw! The next drawing takes place Monday night for record amount."
- WHiH posts on Twitter asking "WHiH wants to know! What would you do if you won tonight’s grand national lottery?" The results eventually turned out as 21% "Purchase an island", 58% "Build an Iron Man suit", 12% "Start your own charity", 9% "Buy a sports team".
- WHiH posts on Twitter questioning "The Vision. Human? Alien? Something else? Does it matter? WHiH investigates."
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Pym Technologies announces massive lay-offs as business begins again."
- The Roxxon Oil Corporation is revealed to be illegally drilling in the Arctic.
- A new Captain America exhibit begins touring.
- A bird sanctuary opens in Costa Rica.
- A charity auction is held for a Captain America comic.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter saying "CEO Pepper Potts continues to dodge questions about rumored consumer applications for arc reactor technology."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "Rare bird sanctuary in Costa Rica finally opens to public."
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Anonymous buyer purchases "Captain America #1" comic signed by Steve Rogers for $1.5 million at charity auction."
- WHiH posts on Twitter saying "As rumors abound of Thaddeus Ross' entrance into politics, WHiH investigates the truth: https://youtu.be/0OguhAYbjrs"
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Demand grows for international oversight of the Avengers, as debate continues."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "Wanted fugitive and mercenary Brock Rumlow still at large. WHiH Newsfront investigates."
- Theft of the Book of Cagliostro:
- Kaecilius and the Zealots break into the Kamar-Taj library and decapitate the librarian. They steal pages containing a forbidden ritual from the Book of Cagliostro and make their getaway through portals to London.
- The Ancient One pursues them and traps them in the Mirror Dimension, although she is unable to stop their escape.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "Shares of Roxxon Oil Corporation tumble after revelation of illegal drilling in Arctic."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter questioning "Does Tony Stark really own the Iron Man suit, or should the government claim control?"
- WHiH posts on Twitter saying "Ultimate showdown looms as teams battle for hockey championships."
- A concert called "Sing for Sokovia" is held to raise money for the people affected by the Battle of Sokovia.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Polls indicate increased support for legislation regulating superpowered heroes."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "Sources: Stark Industries in talks to debut low-powered miniature arc reactor tech to fuel line of hybrid vehicles."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter saying "Sighting of apparent HYDRA-related graffiti in local city underscores the lingering threat of HYDRA."
- New fossils are discovered in South America.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "NYC's top surgeons are pioneering new life-saving techniques. We discuss with Dr. Stephen Strange only on WHiH."
- The introductory 36 seconds of the next WHiH Newsfront instalment is recorded ahead of time, and the ticker is prepared.
- The national lottery is drawn again, for a record amount, due to there being no winner in the previous draw four days prior.
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "New rumors hint at government-funded prison built to contain "superpowered prisoners"."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter announcing "Tune in tomorrow morning to WHiH Newsfront for our next special report."
- Captain America and Falcon get a lead on an ex-HYDRA agent in Lagos, who they believe might be the Winter Soldier.
- Bringing Black Widow and Scarlet Witch, Captain America and Falcon leave the New Avengers Facility and fly to Lagos to apprehend the man they believe may be Barnes.
- Spider-Man stops a car from crashing into a bus before going to school, then leaves the scene. However, his heroic action is recorded and uploaded onto YouTube.
- Ross accepts an offer from President Ellis to be Secretary of State, after a meeting six days earlier.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "BREAKING: President Ellis will nominate Lt. Gen. Thaddeus Ross as Secretary of State. More to come..."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter asking "Is Thaddeus Ross the best choice for Secretary of State?" The results eventually turned out as 13% "Yes", 45% "No", 42% "Time will tell".
- WHiH posts on Twitter quoting "Statement from Pres. Ellis: "Thaddeus Ross is a skilled leader who can navigate the unique challenges we currently face on the world stage.""
- WHiH posts on Twitter quoting "Lt. Gen. Ross: "Today I accepted President Ellis' offer to serve as Secretary of State. I look forward to making our planet a safer place.""
- As they approach Lagos, Falcon receives further information on the ex-HYDRA agent, and find out that it is not Barnes, but rather Brock Rumlow.
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "BREAKING: President Ellis will join Newsfront to discuss this surprise move to make Thaddeus Ross the new Secretary of State. Stay tuned."
- A WHiH World News interview with President Ellis is recorded to complete the next instalment of WHiH Newsfront just before it is released, concerning his appointment of Ross.
- WHiH Newsfront posts another video. Adams and Everhart discuss a series of catastrophes in which heroes were involved. They go live, to mention how Ellis has just appointed Ross, and go to an interview with him. Ellis says that he recognizes the fear and concern over heroes, but also recognizes the heroes' help. He states that he wants to build an official relationship with the Avengers, with the help of Ross, who has experience such as the crises at Culver University and Harlem. Everhart and Adams both end saying that they would love to hear from the heroes themselves. They post on Twitter announcing "BREAKING: President Ellis discusses his nomination of Thaddeus Ross for Secretary of State! Watch live."
- The ticker of the video informs "ATCU continues investigation into militant organization that destroyed their facility", "New fossils found in South America may uncover untold answers about our past", "Top NYC surgeon Dr. Stephen Strange reveals new life-saving techniques in exclusive WHiH interview", "Competing second TV movie announced following the alleged Mandarin actor: "10 Rings to Rule Them All: The Trevor Slattery Story"", "Culver University announces state-of-the-art library will reopen after extensive renovation", "Still no winner as National Lottery grows to $1 billion", "VistaCorp indicted on charges of secret surcharges for cable TV customers", "Star-studded benefit concert "Sing for Sokovia" pulls $300 million for charity", "Unseen documents belonging to Dr. Abraham Erskine discovered in New Jersey", "Bruce Banner, AKA the Hulk, reportedly still missing".
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "BREAKING: Pres. Ellis tells Newsfront he nominated Thaddeus Ross as Sec. of State based on his experience with superpowered individuals."
- WHiH posts on Twitter reminding "This morning's breaking news: Thaddeus Ross named Secretary of State. WHiH Newsfront Exclusive: President Ellis Discusses the Avengers"
- Attack on the IFID Headquarters:
- Brock Rumlow, now "Crossbones", plans to steal a biological weapon from the Institute for Infectious Diseases in Lagos, Nigeria. Captain America hears about the planned attack and, with the other Avengers, starts to search for Rumlow.
- Crossbones' mercenaries successfully enter the IFID Headquarters, stealing the bioweapon. The Avengers pursue Crossbones' men, taking out several of his mercenaries.
- Crossbones escapes, but not before entrusting the bioweapon to one of his men.
- While Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Black Widow set out to find the bioweapon, Captain America confronts Crossbones.
- When Rogers unmasks Rumlow, Rumlow begins to blame him for his injuries. He then mentions Bucky Barnes so as to distract Rogers, then activates a suicide bomb intending to kill them both. Scarlet Witch manages to contain the explosion around Rumlow and tries to move the blast away, but she accidentally moves the explosion too close to a nearby building, before letting it go and inadvertently destroying part of the building, accidentally killing numerous civilians and several relief aid workers from Wakanda.
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter reporting "WHiH revisits: Former felon Scott Lang vindicated as VistaCorp indicted on overcharging customers."
- Tony Stark gives a speech at MIT, using a virtual reality creation of his to show the students how he wished his last moments spent with his parents in 1991 had gone. He then funds all of their projects, but cuts the speech a little early when the teleprompter tells him to introduce Pepper Potts, causing Stark to get upset about the recent break-up he went through with Potts. 
- Backstage after the speech, Tony Stark is confronted by a grieving mother, Miriam Sharpe, whose son, Charlie Spencer, was killed in the Avengers' battle with Ultron in Sokovia. She places the photo of her son on his chest, and tells him that she blames him for her son's death.
- WHiH Newsfront posts another video live. It's been several hours since the incident in Lagos. Everhart hands over to reporter Jackson Norris, live from Lagos, who speaks about the Avengers and Brock Rumlow's involvement. They are interrupted as they go live to President Ellis delivering a speech on the incident, promising support to Lagos, and to work with the UN to find who is accountable. Adams and Everhart then disagree on the meaning of Ellis' words, and Adams questions if actually, the Avengers prevented a worse outcome. They post on Twitter announcing "BREAKING: Newsfront is live on the scene in Lagos after a devastating incident. Watch now."
- The ticker of the video informs "Multiple sources confirm that Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America, was spotted at the scene", "Sources state Avengers were tracking wanted fugitive Brock Rumlow to Lagos", "Reports of Sam Wilson, Wanda Maximoff and former S.H.I.E.L.D. operative Natasha Romanoff in Lagos are confirmed", "Brock Rumlow rumored to be behind the Attack at the Military Compound", "BREAKING: Chaos strikes military compound in Lagos", "Eyewitness from Lekki Market in downtown Lagos, Nigeria spot Avengers at the scene", "Extent of damage unknown at this time", and "BREAKING: President Ellis to issue statement from the White House".
- After deliberating urgently following the incident in Lagos, the United Nations decide to release the Sokovia Accords for heroes and powered individuals to register themselves under government control.
- WHiH World News posts twice on Twitter reporting "Sokovia Accords released, proposing regulation for superheroes. Where do you stand on the issue?"
- WHiH posts on Twitter reminding "WHiH Newsfront is live on the ground at Lagos. Watch the fallout now: WHiH Breaking News: Attack in Lagos"
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter saying "As the world sits divided on the role of superheroes, share your opinion on who should be held responsible: http://g.co/8xsxg"
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter questioning "Captain America was raised in a time when war was normal. Is his mindset right for this new age of superheroes? http://g.co/8xsxg"
- WHiH posts on Twitter reporting "Brock Rumlow was spotted at the incident in Lagos. Were the Avengers there to confront him?"
- Greatly affected by his encounter with Miriam Sharpe, Stark signs the Sokovia Accords, believing that the Avengers need control and restriction to stop such disasters and tragic deaths from happening again.
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "Revisit WHiH's coverage of the altercation in Lagos, and what it means for the Avengers moving forward."
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "BREAKING: Tony Stark signs Sokovia Accords. Is this the answer to making the world a safer place?"
- WHiH posts on Twitter again saying "Sokovia Accords released, proposing regulation for superheroes. Where do you stand?"
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "Is Iron Man looking out for the best interests of the world, or is his guilt getting the best of him? http://g.co/8xsxg"
- WHiH posts on Twitter announcing "In case you missed it, follow our continued coverage on The Cost of Saving the World. WHiH Newsfront Special Reports"
- Stephen Strange realizes that a patient has been prematurely pronounced dead, and rushes the man to an operating theatre.
- With the help of colleague Christine Palmer, and his talent for precision and focus, he extracts a bullet from the patient's head and saves their life.
- Strange invites Palmer to come with him to a talk he is giving at a dinner that evening, but she turns it down, a little annoyed by his constant work and love of fame and reputation.
- Strange drives from his apartment to attend the dinner. As he drives, his colleague Billy calls him to notify him of potential patients to operate on. When Billy mentions a young woman with an electrical implant to control schizophrenia, who has been struck by lightning, it peaks Strange's interest. He looks down at his phone to see the x-rays and loses his control of his car. It swerves and crashes, falling off the road and tumbling into the river below. He is severely injured; his hands are shattered on the dashboard glass, and he passes out.
- After a little while, the Metro-General Hospital air ambulance finds Strange in the river and rushes him to hospital for medical attention.
- After eleven hours on the operating table, Strange is laid in bed, still unconscious, to rest. They have put stainless steel pins in his hands, stitches all over his body and face, and several casts; his arms held in place to heal.
- Strange finally wakes up and is greeted by Christine Palmer. He learns from Palmer that both of his hands, which were crushed by the dashboard of his car, have been subjected to severe nerve damage and rendered inoperable. He becomes upset and deeply concerned over what has happened to his hands, and the repercussions that may have on his life, career, and talent. Seeing this, Palmer reassures him that no one could have done better. He simply replies, "I could have done better."
- WHiH World News posts on Twitter asking "The Sokovia Accords have divided the world. Now that the dust has settled, where do you stand?" The results eventually turned out as 27% "For Sokovia Accords", 73% "Anti Sokovia Accords".
- Palmer helps Strange shave in bed and tries to make him feel better, but her efforts are unsuccessful.
- Adrian Toomes arrives at his facility in his Vulture exo-suit, and tells Phineas Mason that "business is good."
- The pins are removed from Strange's hands, but he is highly disappointed to find his hand is still not working well. He snaps bitterly at the doctor.
- Strange has a third procedure for his injuries.
- In an interview the month after the incident in Lagos, the king of Wakanda, T'Chaka, says that he and his nation support the Sokovia Accords.
- As Steve Rogers consoles Wanda Maximoff, saying that what happened in Lagos was not her fault, Vision informs them that Tony Stark and the Secretary of State are waiting in the board room of the facility.
- Thaddeus Ross speaks to the Avengers, while he shows them footage from New York, Washington, D.C., Sokovia, and Lagos. He tells them that the United Nations has decided that the Avengers can no longer be allowed to operate privately, so they have created the Sokovia Accords, believing it to be the best balance between the Avengers' desire to secure world peace, and the world governments' concerns over the destructive repercussions of their interference. Ross tells them that they have three days to make up their minds before the signing of the Accords in Vienna. Before leaving the facility, Ross says that refusing to sign will be seen as an act of resignation.
- Assassination of Vasily Karpov: Meanwhile in Cleveland, Helmut Zemo ambushes retired HYDRA general Vasily Karpov.
- Zemo hangs him upside down over a sink, slowly filling it up to torture him into giving him the information he needs about the mission of December 16, 1991 as he finds the Winter Soldier Book, which contains the words used to trigger the Winter Soldier's conditioning.
- When Karpov persistently refuses to give him information, Zemo leaves him to drown.
- The Avengers team is divided over the act.
- Stark supports government oversight because he feels that they need to be held responsible, whereas Rogers worries that the Avengers may be compromised if they come under the control of the United Nations.
- Vision realizes that there must be a causality between the increase in heroes and the increase in disasters, and so supports the Accords, along with Natasha Romanoff and James Rhodes. However, Sam Wilson and Wanda Maximoff disagree. During their debate about the Accords, Rogers receives a message informing him of the death of Peggy Carter.
- Hive tells his origin story to Daisy Johnson, Kirk Vogel, and the last two heads of HYDRA who escaped the destruction of the organization. He reveals to them that he wants to duplicate the experiment on them, changing them into Inhumans.
- Wanting to be helpful and to find Johnson, Lincoln Campbell volunteers himself to be the guinea pig for the antidote that Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons have concocted against Hive's sway.
- After two months of trying, Phil Coulson discovers where Johnson is hiding: in Union City, south Wyoming.
- Coulson informs Alphonso Mackenzie of the discovery. Mackenzie believes that his friend just wants to be rescued.
- Coulson says that he will send him and Melinda May with a group to the city; not to save Johnson, but to kill Hive.
- In Union City, Holden Radcliffe performs his experiment to change the three HYDRA leaders, but they die tragically, instead of becoming Inhumans. Radcliffe tells Hive that he failed because he does not have the DNA of a living Kree. Hive decides to spare his life.
- While a team is sent to Union City to kill Hive, Coulson tells Simmons, Fitz, and Campbell that the antitoxin experimentation will not be continued.
- In the city, May pretends to be a HYDRA agent, and flirts with Hellfire. He reveals that Hive wants to change all humanity into Inhumans. She knocks him out.
- In order to get the DNA of a living Kree, Hive uses the Kree Orb to lure them to Earth. Two Kree Reapers arrive.
- Battle of Union City:
- A fight ensues between the three sides, resulting in several deaths, including Alisha Whitley. Johnson attacks one of the Kree and breaks his bones, but when she proceeds to drain him, Mackenzie arrives and offers her to return to S.H.I.E.L.D.; she refuses.
- Mackenzie destroys the Kree's body with a Splinter Bomb, angering Johnson, and she attacks him relentlessly. Meanwhile, May and the Task Force witness an intense fight between the other Kree and Hive. Hive overpowers him suddenly, and kills the Kree. The team attacks Hive, but their weapons cannot do anything against him, and Coulson orders to evacuate. They gather an injured Mackenzie with them and escape.
- Campbell is informed that the experimental antidote is a failed experiment.
- In the morning, Hive reprimands Johnson for allowing her former friends to stop his progress. However, Johnson reveals that she has Kree blood inside her, and she is willing to let him have it by draining her.
- Peggy Carter's funeral takes place in London. During the funeral, to Rogers' surprise, Sharon Carter delivers a eulogy, in which she reveals that Peggy Carter was her aunt.
- After the funeral, Natasha Romanoff hugs Rogers to console him and keep him company. They discuss the issues over the Accords, and Romanoff speaks about how it is important that despite their differences, the Avengers need to stay together.
- Romanoff then leaves to get on the flight to Vienna for the signing.
- Bombing of the Vienna International Centre:
- Arriving at the Vienna International Centre for the signing of the Accords, Romanoff meets T'Challa, son of T'Chaka and prince of Wakanda, who appreciates her signing the Accords.
- As the meeting is about to begin, a terrorist bomb hidden in a news van by Helmut Zemo goes off, destroying the building and killing King T'Chaka. Zemo then travels to Berlin.
- Jeffrey Mace, who is present at the Vienna International Centre, tries to reach a safe place, stumbling upon a fellow victim of the attack. He is caught on camera, appearing to be helping the victim in a heroic manner, and is believed to have helped free several survivors who were trapped under rubble, despite his attempts to scale down the episode. Ultimately, he starts to be considered a hero by both the public and the American government.
- Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter discuss Peggy on the way back from the wake after the funeral. They are interrupted by Sam Wilson, who informs them about the Vienna bombing.
- When facial scans from security footage seemingly reveal the culprit to be James Barnes, T'Challa vows revenge on Barnes for his father, telling Romanoff that he will kill him.
- Meanwhile at the Parker Residence, Peter Parker prepares to leave as May Parker sees the news about the bombing of Vienna, very worried to see that it was the Winter Soldier, and that King T'Chaka of Wakanda has died. Peter sees his Aunt May worried, and tells her to relax.
- Rogers then calls Romanoff; she tells him not to get involved, or he will be arrested for ignoring the Accords.
- Secretly trying to help Rogers and Wilson, Carter hands them a file she has found from her work about the potential location of the Winter Soldier in Bucharest. Rogers and Wilson go after Barnes, hoping to bring him in before the government do.
- In Bucharest, Barnes discovers that the news are blaming him for the bombing of the United Nations in Vienna, but knows that someone has framed him.
- Capture of Winter Soldier:
- Captain America locates Barnes in his hideout apartment in Bucharest. As they talk, Falcon informs Rogers that the police are entering the building. Barnes prepares to make his escape, but the police arrive, so he and Rogers are forced to fight their way down the stairwell of the building.
- Barnes escapes from the building, but is suddenly attacked by a mysterious man in a black panther-like suit. The two fight on the roof, before Barnes manages to make his way out to the streets.
- The chase continues, now with Rogers trying to catch up with Black Panther as he pursues Barnes. The pursuit is interrupted by War Machine, who has arrived to arrest the three of them. The Black Panther unmasks himself, revealing himself to be T'Challa, to Rogers and Rhodes' surprise. They are then flown to Berlin in custody.
- At the New Avengers Facility, Vision cooks paprikash to try to lift Wanda Maximoff's spirits. When Maximoff tries to leave for ingredients, Vision moves to block her, revealing that Tony Stark has told him to stop her from leaving the compound.
- Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, and T'Challa arrive at the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre.
- At the center, Barnes is taken to be seen by interrogator Theo Broussard, as Stark sits down to speak with Rogers. During the conversation, Stark explains about what went wrong with his relationship with Pepper Potts, and Rogers sympathizes. Stark explains that he wants Rogers to sign, and he reluctantly accepts, but when Stark reveals that he is keeping Maximoff at the New Avengers Facility, the conversation gets heated briefly, and Rogers leaves.
- Escape from the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre:
- Barnes' interrogation begins, but instead of being seen by Broussard, Helmut Zemo has got into the center pretending to the psychiatrist, who he killed. Using the EMP that he has built, Zemo cuts off the electricity supply in the center, leaving him able to speak to Barnes in private. Zemo brings out the Winter Soldier Book. He uses the key words to trigger Barnes' Winter Soldier conditioning again.
- Zemo forces Barnes to reveal the mission report of December 16, 1991 and details of the HYDRA Siberian Facility, before ordering Barnes to rip himself out of his bindings and break out of his cage, going on a rampage throughout the center. When Wilson and Rogers arrive, they manage to confront Zemo, but Barnes attacks them. Barnes throws Rogers down an elevator shaft as Wilson pursues Zemo.
- Rogers attempts to climb back up while Stark leads the fight against Barnes, but is defeated. Barnes also defeats Sharon Carter and Natasha Romanoff, then is forced to fight T'Challa. He gets away, and leaves to the helipad on top of the building.
- Rogers arrives to catch the helicopter, stopping him from leaving. The Winter Soldier crashes the helicopter in an attempt to kill him, but he fails, and the two fall into the water below, where Barnes is knocked unconscious. Rogers then brings him to the surface.
- Steve Rogers traps Bucky Barnes' metal arm in a vice in a local abandoned garage, so as to stop him from escaping if he is still conditioned when he wakes.
- Helmut Zemo escapes from Wilson and moves forward with his plan, boarding a flight to Moscow.
- When Barnes awakes, he proves to Rogers that he is free of the conditioning by recounting small details about their childhood to him. Rogers asks what Zemo wanted, so Barnes reveals the existence of another five Winter Soldiers that HYDRA created after he retrieved a super soldier serum in 1991. He says that they had got out of HYDRA's control, and had been put back into cryogenic freeze. Barnes tells them that he thinks Zemo will be looking to reactivate them. Rogers and Wilson discuss what they should do next. While Rogers thinks they are out of luck, Wilson tells him that he might know someone who can help.
- After convincing Ross to leave the job of capturing Rogers to him, Stark and Romanoff decide to recruit T'Challa and Rhodes, but Stark reveals to her that he also has someone else in mind.
- Stark flies to Queens, hoping to get the help of the relatively new spider-like vigilante who Stark is sure is secretly teenager Peter Parker.
- Rogers contacts Clint Barton and asks him to help rescue Maximoff and arrange to pick up Scott Lang. Barton accepts.
- Peter Parker arrives home, only to find Tony Stark in his apartment, already talking to his aunt. Stark tells him that he has won the grant he applied for, subtly letting him know that he should go along with what Stark says, despite not knowing what he is talking about. Stark then goes to Parker's room to discuss things further with him.
- He explains that he knows Parker is the new vigilante of New York, but when Parker denies this, Stark finds his hidden costume. Parker explains his powers, saying that he has the responsibility to protect people. Stark informs him that he needs his help, and they have to go to Germany. He eventually agrees, as Stark promises to make him a completely new costume.
- Accompanied by Happy Hogan, Parker films as he is driven past Flushing Meadows, and is flown to Germany in a self-piloting jet.
- Rescue of Wanda Maximoff:
- Clint Barton causes an explosion outside the New Avengers Facility, forcing Vision to briefly leave the compound so he can get away with Scarlet Witch.
- However, Maximoff initially refuses to leave, giving Vision time to arrive and fight Barton.
- Because of his far superior abilities, Vision defeats Barton.
- Maximoff then decides to use her own powers to restrain the synthetic being and increase his weight, plummeting him through many floors, deep underground, allowing them plenty of time to escape. Barton then informs her that they have one more stop to make first.
- Hawkeye then picks up Scott Lang, and the trio fly to Germany to meet with Rogers, Wilson, and Barnes.
- Peter Parker arrives in Germany early in the morning by local time, and gets to briefly sightsee before getting to his hotel, where he is staying in the room next to Happy Hogan. Hogan tells him to "suit up".
- Hogan and Parker prepare to leave, when Hogan realizes Parker has not noticed the case left by Stark. He shows Parker the extra room with the case, and the note, "A minor upgrade - TS". Parker opens it to find his new Spider-Man suit, left by Stark, and films his own ecstatic reaction to the improvement.
- Sharon Carter drives Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and Bucky Barnes to the Flughafen Leipzig-Halle, giving them Rogers' shield and Wilson's suit. Rogers thanks Carter for all her help, and the two share a kiss before she leaves. 
- Barton then arrives with Maximoff and Lang, and Lang agrees to help them. Suddenly, the group hear that Stark and his team have arrived and shut down the airport, so Rogers tells his team to prepare for a fight.
- Clash of the Avengers:
- Stark and his team, now with Spider-Man, using a new suit made by Stark, confront Captain America and his team at the airport. Peter Parker, meanwhile, films from a hiding spot behind a truck, pointing out all the heroes he is finally getting to meet. When Stark calls him in, he puts down his phone to film as he flips into the confrontation and steals Captain America's shield.
- After a short skirmish, the six heroes on each side begin to run at each other, clashing in an attempt to subdue and take down the other. A grand battle unfolds, resulting in the destruction of much of the airport. Rogers and Barnes know that they have to go to Siberia so as to stop Zemo from reactivating the five Winter Soldiers. They notice Stark's Quinjet parked in a section of the airport, and realize that they are going to need a distraction so as to escape in the jet.
- In order to distract Iron Man's team, Ant-Man uses his suit to grow into Giant-Man, taking Stark's team by surprise. Meanwhile, Parker picks up his phone to film, talking about what a great time he is having, just as Ant-Man grows, making him realize he has to drop the phone and continue fighting.
- Stark's team work on taking down Giant-Man, forgetting about Rogers and Barnes. However, Vision notices the trick and causes a tower to fall to stop the duo from reaching the Quinjet. With Scarlet Witch's help, supporting the tower with her abilities, they make it into the jet's hangar.
- They are stopped by Black Widow, but she decides to allow them to escape in the Quinjet, subduing Black Panther. Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Giant-Man are defeated by Stark's team. As the Quinjet flies away, War Machine and Iron Man fly in pursuit, and Falcon flies after them to help his friends escape.
- War Machine orders Vision to shoot Falcon's wings to stop him from catching them, but Vision fails, catching War Machine's arc reactor instead, and causing Rhodes to fall uncontrollably from the sky. He crashes to the ground before Iron Man or Falcon can catch him. Rhodes survives the fall, but is severely injured. The Quinjet flies away as Iron Man takes out Falcon in rage. The authorities soon arrive to arrest Captain America's team. Parker soon returns home.
- Theo Broussard's body is found in the hotel room where Zemo was staying. The hotel reports the discovery to local authorities, and it soon reaches the news.
- James Rhodes has another MRI scan in hospital. Stark has a conversation with Natasha Romanoff about her disloyalty, and informs her that Rhodes may have some sort of paralysis. She states that the authorities will be after her, but Romanoff instead warns him to watch his own back. Stark is then alerted by F.R.I.D.A.Y. about the discovery of Broussard's body, and that along with the body were facial mask disguises of the Winter Soldier. Stark realizes Zemo's plan and his own mistake.
- On returning to his hotel room, Parker films on his phone again to talk about what a great time he had. Hogan knocks on the door, complaining that he is too loud, as there are thin walls in the hotel.
- Helmut Zemo arrives at the HYDRA Siberian Facility and uses the Winter Soldier Book to enter and navigate the compound. Zemo eventually finds the five other frozen Winter Soldiers.
- Stark is greeted by Thaddeus Ross at the Raft, and is shocked when he sees the conditions that Rogers' team are being kept in: locked up and kept like insane and dangerous people. He goes to speak to the team and is insulted by both Clint Barton and Scott Lang, before speaking to Sam Wilson.
- Stark uses a device to temporarily disable the audio in the prison so that he can speak to Wilson secretly, explaining that he found out about Zemo's framing. Wilson explains that Rogers and Barnes are heading to Siberia, making Stark promise to go as a friend, to which he agrees. Stark then reactivates the audio and leaves.
- Pretending that he learned nothing from the team, and directing the helicopter back to America, Stark leaves Ross and the Raft.
- However, as the helicopter heads off, Stark gets into his armor and flies in the opposite direction, toward Siberia, so as to help the duo. Meanwhile, T'Challa secretly shadows him in a jet, so as to get his revenge on the Winter Soldier.
- Captain America and the Winter Soldier find the HYDRA Siberian Facility and prepare arms, then cautiously enter the base, noticing that Zemo has already been there. Iron Man arrives to reunite with them, and Stark explains that he has come to help. The trio reconcile and stand together as they then proceed to explore the facility. While they explore the facility, T'Challa stealthily follows behind at a safe distance.
- The trio suddenly discover that the five Winter Soldiers have been killed by Zemo, who reveals that he is from Sokovia, and wants to punish the Avengers for the death of his family during Ultron's attack. He says that for over a year he has planned a way to tear the Avengers apart. Black Panther watches on and understands that Barnes was framed by Zemo, then walks away so as to contemplate what to do next.
- Zemo shows Stark the security video he has finally acquired from the death of his parents, showing that they were murdered by Barnes in order to steal samples of the Super Soldier Serum from their car.
- Battle at the HYDRA Siberian Facility:
- Shocked by the discovery, Stark questions Rogers if he knew that Barnes was responsible. When Rogers reveals that he did somewhat know, Stark attacks the duo, trying to kill Barnes. A chase ensues through the compound, and the trio end up falling into an open part of the facility.
- Rogers attempts to tell Iron Man that Barnes was not responsible for his actions, but Stark refuses to listen, so Rogers and Barnes are forced to fight him to save themselves and take him down. During the battle, the Winter Soldier loses his metal arm, and Iron Man blasts Captain America in the stomach.
- Meanwhile, Zemo is confronted by T'Challa. Zemo explains that he understands that he could not kill the Avengers himself, but realized that if he could make the Avengers kill each other, he could bring them down to human level and break them apart in front of the world.
- Zemo apologizes for T'Chaka's death. T'Challa decides that he will no longer let his desire for revenge consume him, and prevents Zemo from committing suicide, in order to send him to prison.
- Inside the compound, Stark analyzes Captain America's fight pattern and seemingly defeats him, but Rogers picks himself up to continue the fight, and Iron Man cannot keep up with his flurry of attacks. Rogers finally knocks him to the ground and uses his shield to break Stark's arc reactor, and thus disable his armor, leaving him injured on the floor.
- Rogers helps Barnes stand and begins to depart, but as he leaves, Stark reminds him that his father was the one who made Rogers' shield, and that he does not deserve it. Realizing this to be somewhat true after the actions he just committed, and needing time to reconsider, as well as to show respect to Stark, Rogers decides to leave the shield behind. He drops it on the floor, without looking back.
- T'Challa takes Rogers and Barnes on his jet, with Zemo held captive, as they fly to Berlin so T'Challa can deliver Helmut Zemo to the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre.
- Peter Parker films himself as he sneaks out from his hotel in Berlin to join a party in his Spider-Man suit.
- The trio then fly on to Wakanda.
- Zemo is locked away, and Everett Ross teases him in his incarceration, but Zemo hints that while he may be imprisoned, that does not mean his plans have failed.
- Parker goes to breakfast at his hotel, when Happy Hogan confronts him with that morning's Samstag (Saturday) paper about Spider-Man's antics the night before.
- WHiH World News reports that Steve Rogers is still missing after his feud with Tony Stark over the Sokovia Accords.
- While watching the news, Phil Coulson reads about the death of Peggy Carter in a newspaper. Following the signing of the Sokovia Accords, and being sent by the president, Glenn Talbot meets with Coulson to discuss about registering the Inhuman agents. Coulson decides to take Talbot into the Playground to show him everything that S.H.I.E.L.D. has going on.
- Using a computer in Union City, Daisy Johnson communicates with Lincoln Campbell while he is in the Containment Module. She decides to help him to escape from the base and reunite with her, but also as a trap so Hive can infect Campbell. However, Campbell, using secret messages, surreptitiously informs Melinda May about Johnson's plan. They both tell Coulson and start to plan a way to take out Hive once for all.
- Coulson presents Elena Rodriguez and Lash to Talbot, explaining the situation with Hive to him, and shows him why they need to keep the Inhumans anonymous.
- Hellfire and Hive capture a group of Watchdogs for Holden Radcliffe's next experiment attempt.
- Radcliffe's experiment transforms the group of Watchdogs into horrifically mutated primitive Inhumans. Hive reveals to Radcliffe that he wishes to proceed with his ultimate plan to use a warhead, which was stolen from the ATCU, to spread Radcliffe's new pathogen around the world and transform all humans into these primitives.
- Campbell contacts Johnson and tells her that is time to proceed. Hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s systems as her blood is drained, Johnson helps him escape to get to a Quinjet, fighting Alphonso Mackenzie in the process.
- Attack on Hive:
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s plan works, with Lash arriving at Hive's location instead of Campbell.
- Lash attempts to kill Hive, but is stopped by a group of Primitives. Lash kills two of them, and uses his abilities to free Johnson from Hive's sway. He is then caught by surprise and killed by Hellfire, as Johnson escapes back to S.H.I.E.L.D.
- After reuniting with her friends, Johnson is sent to the Containment Module for recovery.
- After spending the remainder of Friday and some of Saturday in Germany, Peter Parker flies home with Tony Stark and Happy Hogan.
- Peter Parker is returned home to Queens by Tony Stark in the early hours. He and Stark film an alibi video for where Stark had taken him for the weekend, to give to May.
- Rogers and Barnes are being sheltered in Wakanda, courtesy of King T'Challa. Barnes chooses to be frozen again until his brainwashing can be completely removed, scared of how easy it was to trigger his conditioning.
- Rogers and T'Challa discuss how the authorities will attack Wakanda if the world finds out about Barnes,but T'Challa states that he does not mind, as he wants to help Barnes because he is another victim of Zemo's schemes, just like his father. He and Rogers gaze at a giant statue of a black panther.
- Peter tells his aunt May Parker of how he got into another fight, covering up for his secret identity as Spider-Man, and his aunt goes along with his story, despite suspecting he is not telling the truth. Peter discovers a portable holographic computer that Stark has programmed into his new Web-Shooters.
- Daisy Johnson awakes from a dream where she and Phil Coulson are trapped in a Containment Module on desolate planet, desperately hoping to escape.
- Jemma Simmons approaches Johnson in the Containment Module, in order to obtain more information about Hive and his plans.
- Melinda May uses the Quinjet with Alphonso Mackenzie, Lincoln Campbell, and Elena Rodriguez on board to successfully travel underwater and infiltrate the missile silo.
- Battle at the Pacific Missile Silo:
- The team infiltrate Hive's location and, using the nuclear codes that Glenn Talbot obtained from General Andaz, they stop the missile's launch. Hive swears to show S.H.I.E.L.D. his rage as he commands Holden Radcliffe to take two Primitives with him to reset the launch. Hive is lured by Campbell into Mackenzie's trap: a giant Theta Brain-Wave Frequency Machine to pull forward all the different personalities in that the dark Inhuman has absorbed over the millennia.
- Hive, trying to get his mind under control, orders Giyera and Hellfire to disconnect the warhead, since there is no hope of launching the missile now. May, seeking the warhead, frees Radcliffe from the Primitives, while Rodriguez frees the hostages from the conquered missile silo. However, Giyera takes the warhead and flees. When the team attempt to escape, they are confronted by Hive; however, they capture him in a Containment Module full of Suspension Gel.
- Mackenzie informs Johnson that they have captured Hive.
- While he is assuring the base is sealed off, Fitz realizes what "Absolution" is: the releasing of the Absolution Virus in the Playground. Hellfire activates the trap, turning several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents into Primitives.
- Battle of the Playground:
- The Primitives free Hive from captivity. He wants to use the Quinjets' high altitude capabilities to launch the warhead in space, to turn all Humans into primitive Inhumans.
- Johnson escapes from the Containment Module and goes to confront Hive. She begs him to sway her again, but he cannot, due to Lash's powers. In anger, Johnson attacks her old master. A fight ensues, resulting in Hive knocking out Johnson. Johnson is incarcerated on the Zephyr One. Fitz and May secretly enter the plane to stop Hive from using the warhead. They find Johnson, but they are ambushed by Giyera. Fitz, however, manages to use a Cloaked Gun to kill the Inhuman.
- Meanwhile, in the Playground, Elena Rodriguez takes a bullet for Alphonso Mackenzie when the Primitives attack, leaving her severely injured.
- Mackenzie takes Rodriguez with Campbell, Coulson, and Radcliffe, and they manage to cauterize her open wound. Simmons soon discovers that the Primitives cannot see under a high temperature, so she increases the heating in the base. Coulson decides to use one of their Quinjets to approach the Zephyr and help May, Fitz, and Johnson.
- The Quinjet arrives at the Zephyr, with Campbell, Mackenzie, and May on board. Coulson uses a hologram of himself to distract Hive, but soon Hive discovers the trick, destroying the hologram machine. He then proceeds to search for the team.
- Campbell is attacked by Hellfire, but defeats him. Hellfire leaves a bomb next to Campbell, badly wounding him. Johnson reunites with Campbell and tells him that her destiny is to kill Hive using the Quinjet, as she saw in her vision.
- As the team defeat the Primitives on the Zephyr, Johnson goes to put the warhead into the Quinjet, attracting Hive's attention. Hive enters the Quinjet as Johnson intends to fly away. However, she is pushed away by Campbell, who takes Hive with him on the jet. The team reunite with a distraught Johnson to watch as the Quinjet explodes, killing both Hive and Campbell in the process, but stopping the virus.
- Tony Stark arrives back at the New Avengers Facility.
- Rhodes begins physical therapy, learning to use an exosuit that will help him walk again after he broke his back. While helping him, Stark receives a package containing a phone and a letter from Rogers.
- In the letter, Rogers apologizes for everything that happened between them, expressing regret for not telling him the truth about his parents, as well as noting sadness that he simply could not accept the Accords. He tells him that he knows the day will come when the team will need to come together and act as one, and that when that day arrives, Rogers and his friends will be just a phone call away.
- Escape from the Raft: Meanwhile, Steve Rogers breaks into the Raft and frees all his imprisoned teammates. Thaddeus Ross informs Stark about the break-in, but Stark simply enjoys irritating him by putting him on hold.
- Believing that it is the best course of action to protect those she loves, Daisy Johnson leaves S.H.I.E.L.D. to become the rogue vigilante later known as "Quake". She flies to California to pursue leads on the Watchdogs.
- Strange undergoes a fifth procedure.
- Peter Parker quits the school band a few weeks before term starts, knowing he is too busy being Spider-Man to still do extra-curricular activities.
- Strange does finger strength exercises with an expert instructor on physical rehabilitation from Metro-General Hospital. Strange gets angry at his lack of improvement. However, to his surprise, the instructor says that he knew a paraplegic man who miraculously regained the ability to walk.
- Impressed by this impossible event, Strange asks for the man's files. The instructor tells him that he will find them from the archive.
- Glenn Talbot gives the location of the Playground to President Matthew Ellis, prompting Phil Coulson to begin to consider having to step down as director.
- Phil Coulson officially agrees with Glenn Talbot that he will step down from the role of director soon to return to the field.
- Talbot begins the search for a new director of S.H.I.E.L.D., while starting up the secret "Project Patriot", creating a serum derived from Calvin Zabo's Formula to give the new director so as to enhance them with super strength and durability.
- Strange has a seventh and final procedure.
- Peter Parker returns to school following his summer holidays, beginning his sophomore year. On the train to school, he texts Happy Hogan to say that he is available for any missions he is needed for. Hogan continues not to reply, as he has done all summer.
- Flash Thompson is rude to Parker as he arrives at Midtown School of Science and Technology. His best friend, Ned Leeds, however, approaches him, revealing he has recently acquired a LEGO Death Star they can build together. Parker tells him he looks forward to making it.
- Peter Parker watches videos of his actions as Spider-Man in Monica Warren's class. When she asks him a question, however, he still manages to answer correctly, angering Thompson, who got it wrong.
- In science class, Parker makes more web fluid instead of doing the classwork.
- Leeds and Parker admire Liz Toomes wistfully during lunchtime as she puts up banner for the upcoming homecoming dance.
- Michelle Jones catches them looking from across the table, and calls them "losers".
- Toomes, Jones, Thompson, and other students go to a practice session for the upcoming Academic Decathlon. Mr. Harrington tries to convince Peter Parker to come to the national competition, but he insists he is too busy with his "Stark internship". Thompson mocks his claims of spending time with Tony Stark.
- Jeffrey Mace is selected by Glenn Talbot for Project Patriot, and begins preparation to go through the procedure soon.
- Quake is involved in an incident in Atlanta, Georgia.
- After school, Parker visits Mr. Delmar at his delicatessen to buy sandwiches.
- He then changes into the Spider-Man suit in an alleyway, and goes out to help the neighborhood as Spider-Man. He stops a bike thief, but is unable to find the real owner. He performs a flip for onlookers, and gives directions to an old lady. He then tries to stop a man from stealing a car, incorrectly believing he is a thief, and the ruckus caused from the mishap disturbs the neighbors, including the Watcher Informant, posing as a man called Gary.
- Robbery at Queens Community Bank:
- Parker returns to his balcony and reports on his activities in a voicemail left for Happy Hogan. He then spots four criminals in the Queens Community Bank attempting to rob the building, and puts his mask back on to go and stop them.
- Spider-Man arrives at the scene and finds the robbers are each wearing masks of Avengers: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America.
- He successfully stops the robbery, but is surprised to find the criminals using very advanced weaponry.
- A stray blast from one of the weapons hits Delmar's Sandwiches across the street, and Spider-Man goes to save Delmar and his cat, Murphy, from the resulting fire.
- Parker calls Happy Hogan, who picks up the phone this time, to report about the dangerous weapons he has encountered. Hogan informs him that he is helping box up items from Avengers Tower, as Stark has sold the building, and they have to pack everything up by next week before moving day in a fortnight, when they will relocate fully to the New Avengers Facility in upstate New York.
- Once Parker returns home, he finds his friend Ned Leeds already in his room, and unintentionally reveals that he is Spider-Man. Leeds is very excited to find this out, and Parker promises to explain everything the next day.
- May Parker takes Peter out to a larb dinner, and tries to get him to talk about what is going on in his life. They see the news about the Robbery at Queens Community Bank earlier that evening, and May tells him to run away if he ever encounters similar events.
- Peter Parker tells Ned Leeds about the spider which bit him in December 2015, giving him his powers.
- Mace begins training for the role of director, which he is set to assume in a little over two weeks' time.
- In gym class, Coach Wilson shows Parker and the other students the Captain America's Fitness Challenge video which Captain America filmed in 2012. The class then perform the exercise routine. When Parker and Leeds overhear Liz Toomes hinting to Betty Brant that she has somewhat of a crush on Spider-Man, Leeds blurts out that Parker knows Spider-Man. They discover that Toomes is hosting a party that evening and they can come, though Flash Thompson, doubting Parker's honesty, tells him to get Spider-Man to appear and say himself that he knows Parker.
- The instructor from Metro-General Hospital sends Strange the files on the paraplegic who started walking again: Jonathan Pangborn.
- Parker practices how he will enter as Spider-Man at Liz Toomes' party that evening in the mirror. He gets carried away, doing an impression of Thor as well, for his own amusement. He does not know that his suit has an A.I. recording him the whole time because of the "Baby Monitor Protocol" Stark programmed in.
- Christine Palmer visits Strange in his apartment and tries to convince him to stop wasting money trying to fix his hands. She tells him that there are other things that can give meaning to his life. Strange does not want to move on, but instead focus on finding other ways of healing his hands. Palmer turns to leave Strange, deciding she cannot watch him suffer anymore, when Strange starts shouting at her, saying that she is only pitying him because she loves a sob story. Hurt by his words, Palmer leaves for good, deciding to stay out of his life.
- Strange sees the files on Pangborn and decides to track him down.
- May Parker drives her nephew and Ned Leeds to Liz's home. Peter is wearing the Spider-Man suit under his clothes, ready to change and make a brief appearance at the party.
- Chase of Adrian Toomes' Crew:
- Parker changes into his Spider-Man suit, but before he can return to the party, he sees flashes similar to the weaponry from the previous day. He leaves to investigate, and finds an arms deal in progress.
- When his phone rings, Spider-Man's presence is revealed, leading to a confrontation with the arms dealers, Jackson Brice and Herman Schultz. The potential buyer, Aaron Davis, watches on as the dealers use their weaponry to fight Spider-Man.
- Eventually, their boss, the Vulture, swoops in to end the fight, taking Spider-Man with him.
- The parachute in the Spider-Man suit is engaged and pulls him away from the Vulture, but does not deploy well enough to allow him a gentle landing, and Parker falls into the Hudson River. He is saved from drowning by a remotely-controlled Iron Man armor.
- Iron Man explains that he put a tracker in Parker's suit, as well as a heater, allowing him to dry off. He reveals that he is controlling the suit remotely as he is actually in India, and tells Parker to let other people handle the weapons situation, to "stay close to the ground," and to simply be a "friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man," for his own safety.
- Ned Leeds calls Parker again, revealing that it is no longer a good idea for him to visit the party, as in his absence, Flash Thompson has got the other attendees to start a chant, mocking him.
- Following the confrontation, Adrian Toomes scolds Jackson Brice for being reckless with the weaponry. Brice threatens to leave the gang, so Toomes reaches for the Anti-Gravity Gun to threaten him. However, he picks the wrong weapon and proceeds to disintegrate Brice completely. Despite his mistake, he shows no remorse for Brice's death, and gives Brice's "Shocker" gauntlet to Schultz to take over the mantle.
- Stephen Strange visits Jonathan Pangborn while he plays basketball, enquiring how he managed to walk again. Pangborn initially refuses to help, but when Strange reveals his damaged hands, he agrees. Pangborn reveals to Strange that he discovered a place known as Kamar-Taj, and this is where Strange should go to seek different treatment and understanding. He warns Strange that once he is there, he will have to open his mind.
- Strange spends the last of his money in order to travel to Nepal.
- Vijay Nadeer undergoes Terrigenesis.
- During a technology class, Parker and Leeds remove the energy core, of Chitauri origin, from the destroyed weapon. As they are analyzing it, two of Toomes' goons arrive at the school, having traced its energy signature. Parker puts a tracking device on the show of one of the men.
- Strange arrives in Kathmandu and starts to ask people if they know the location of Kamar-Taj.
- Late at night, the tracking device stops moving, revealing the criminals are set up in Maryland. To get closer, Parker decides to rejoin the Academic Decathlon team, who are going to attend the national tournament in Washington, D.C.
- After hours of trying, Karl Mordo hears Strange's enquiries and follows him to an alley. Strange bandages the broken leg of a dog he finds.
- Mordo then walks into the alley and witnesses Strange being attacked by three muggers who wants to steal his watch. Mordo defeats the muggers and tells Strange to follow him.
- Mordo leads Strange to Kamar-Taj, but warns him not to be disrespectful and to forget everything that he thinks he knows. He introduces Strange to the Ancient One.
- At first, Strange believes they are researching cellular regeneration, but while he listens to the Ancient One's comments, he quickly becomes skeptical of her methods and mocks her, claiming that he sees through her facade.
- She suddenly pushes Strange's astral form out of his body, impressing and shocking him. Once she has restored his soul to his body, the Ancient One then sends Strange on a mental journey, flinging him through various realities and dimensions, before dragging him back to his body in the temple. Barely recovering from the revelations just shown to him, Strange begs her to teach him. She refuses, scared that what happened to Kaecilius might happen again. He is cast out for his previous disrespect.
- After pleading at the door of Kamar-Taj for the following five hours, Strange is allowed back in when Karl Mordo convinces the Ancient One to give him a chance. Mordo shows Strange to a bedroom where he can stay.
- Peter Parker arrives at the decathlon team bus before it leaves for Washington, D.C., and asks to rejoin the team. While Flash Thompson insists he should not be able to just rejoin, Mr. Harrington welcomes him back. The team travel to the capital, and on the bus, Parker gets a call from Happy Hogan, asking why he is leaving New York. However, he lets him off, deeming it to be "no big deal".
- Meeting with the Ancient One in the morning, local time, Strange is told that he will need to study, and gives him his first four books.
- Parker removes the tracking device from the Spider-Man suit while Leeds shuts off the Training Wheels Protocol that had been cutting off access to various capabilities of the suit.
- Liz Toomes tries to convince Parker to be rebellious and go swimming with her and her friends. Parker reluctantly realizes he cannot join them, and has to leave to find the criminals' base of operations as Spider-Man.
- Spider-Man sets off to find the criminals in Maryland. It transpires that in overriding the Training Wheels Protocol, he has also activated the suit's A.I., who Parker later comes to nickname "Karen". He struggles to get a handle on all the suit's capabilities as he tries to follow the criminals.
- Attack on the Damage Control Truck: Spider-Man intervenes as the Vulture attempts to hijack a Department of Damage Control truck. While Spider-Man stops him, in the following fight, he gets trapped and left unconscious inside the truck. He eventually awakens inside the container, having arrived at the truck's destination: a secure D.O.D.C. storage vault.
- Spider-Man tries to entertain himself and test several new suit capabilities in the facility while he waits until morning, when the facility will likely next be unlocked. However, when Karen, the suit's A.I., informs him that the Chitauri object he found is explosive, he realizes he has to escape as soon as possible to warn Ned Leeds.
- Parker wires his calculator into the security panel and systematically works through all the possible combinations, hoping to find the one which will unlock the facility as fast as possible.
- Peter Parker finally breaks out of the storage facility, too late to participate in the decathlon. Meanwhile, the Midtown School of Science and Technology team manage to win the championship, as Parker rushes back to Washington, D.C. to save Ned Leeds if the object explodes.
- Rescue at the Washington Monument:
- As the victorious Academic Decathlon team visits the Washington Monument, the energy core in Leeds' backpack explodes while they are in the elevator.
- Spider-Man arrives just in time to save his friends, but begins to get scared as he reaches the top of the Monument, having never climbed that high before. He releases a Spider-Drone to assess the best way into the landmark, and Karen informs him that he has to break the window with a good amount of force.
- A helicopter arrives, telling Spider-Man to back away. Instead, he deploys the "Web-Wings" to jump and glide over the vehicle, before shooting a web onto the bottom of the helicopter and using the momentum to swing at, and break, the window.
- Spider-Man shoots webbing to catch the elevator as it falls, saving his friends and teacher. As they leave the elevator, it breaks, and Liz Toomes falls. Spider-Man catches her with a web, and checks everyone is alright, before his web snaps and he drops down the elevator shaft, catching himself with another web before he can injure himself, but then escaping the scene.
- Stephen Strange goes to the Kamar-Taj library to return the books. He meets Wong, who gives him a short tour of the library. Strange notices the Book of Cagliostro in the Ancient One's personal collection, and Wong gives him another book to read.
- Peter Parker is given detention.
- He and the other detained students are made to watch another video from Captain America about the importance of learning from your bad behavior. However, Parker sneaks out early.
- Parker talks to Karen, asking her to review the footage from the past Friday, before the Washington incident, the night of Liz Toomes' party, hoping to find out who the potential buyer was at the deal he interrupted. Karen identifies him as Aaron Davis.
- While he should be in school, Spider-Man instead finds Aaron Davis and webs him to his car. He attempts to scare Davis into giving him information by using "Intimidation Mode" - unnaturally making his voice sound a lot deeper.
- Davis calls him out on his fake voice, unfazed, but gives Spider-Man the information he has, saying that he does not want the weapons in Queens, as he has a nephew who lives in the neighborhood. He informs Spider-Man that there is a Staten Island ferry leaving at 11 AM on which a deal will be going down.
- Skirmish on the Staten Island Ferry:
- Following the information from Aaron Davis, Spider-Man intercepts a delivery of arms to Mac Gargan on a Staten Island ferry. The Vulture then intervenes, however, and the resulting confrontation causes a blast which splits the boat.
- Spider-Man desperately webs the two halves together as fast as possible in an attempt to hold it together, but the webs soon begin to break. He holds webs attached to either side, trying as hard as he can to hold the boat together, when Iron Man arrives with technology to push the boat back together and seal it, saving the ferry.
- Afterwards, Stark takes the Spider-Man suit from Parker, disappointed in his lack of responsibility, and hoping he will learn to be better.
- Principal Morita talks to Peter Parker in his office about his recent truancy. When Parker leaves the office, Ned Leeds is waiting outside, expecting him to be expelled. Parker explains that he only has a set of detentions, but reluctantly resolves to not try to be Spider-Man for the time being, and simply work hard in school.
- Jeffrey Mace goes through Project Patriot, which successfully gives him super strength, so long as he routinely takes the serum. He is ordered to pretend that he went through Terrigenesis during the Inhuman Outbreak, so as to improve public acceptance of the Inhuman race.
- Parker and Leeds finally build Leeds' LEGO Death Star together.
- Peter Parker invites Liz Toomes to be his date to the homecoming ball, and she accepts.
- Peter Parker gets home and asks May for help in preparing for the ball the next day.
- When Parker goes to Toomes' house to pick up Liz Toomes for the ball, her father greets him at the door, and Parker is shocked when he recognizes the man as the Vulture.
- Adrian Toomes drives Parker and his daughter to the ball. On the way to Midtown School of Science and Technology, he recognizes Parker's voice, and deduces from Parker's conversations with Liz that he is Spider-Man. When Liz enters the ball, Adrian requests that Parker stay, so he can give him "the dad talk".
- He confronts Parker about his true identity, and says that he will let Parker go, as he saved Liz's life, but that if Parker ever interferes with his business again, he will kill him, and everyone he loves.
- Peter Parker enters the homecoming dance, dazed from his encounter with Adrian Toomes.
- He approaches Liz, but realizes he cannot just ignore the crimes her father will be committing that evening, and runs out of the building, picking up his old homemade suit as he leaves.
- Ambush on Peter Parker:
- Spider-Man runs out into the school bus yard when Herman Schultz intercepts him with the Shocker's Gauntlet.
- As Schultz prepares to kill him, Spider-Man is saved by the timely intervention of Ned Leeds, using Parker's Web-Shooters. Parker thanks his best friend and asks him to track his phone, which he left in Toomes' car, thereby allowing him to find the Vulture.
- Spider-Man accosts Flash Thompson and tells him he needs his car and his phone. Thompson, scared, gives them over, and Spider-Man drives off in the car, albeit with very little skill. While driving, he calls Leeds with Thompson's phone, who tells him that Toomes is at a warehouse in Queens and that Happy Hogan, whom Parker had asked Leeds to call, was near a plan. Parker realizes it is moving day, and Toomes is going to steal from the plane carrying Avengers weaponry.
- Going to the coordinates given to him by Ned Leeds, Peter Parker confronts Adrian Toomes, attempting to stop him from carrying out his heist. Toomes, however, collapses the warehouse they are in on top of Parker, burying him under rubble and leaving to catch his plane. Parker, at first overcome by self-doubt, finally manages to free himself from the rubble, just in time to attach a web to the back of Toomes' suit as his enemy flies away.
- Hijacking of the Stark Cargo Plane:
- The automated plane that left Avengers Tower headed for the Avengers upstate headquarters is hijacked by the Vulture using a high altitude seal. Unbeknownst to him, Spider-Man attached a web to his back to follow him up to the plane.
- He breaks the seal, intervening with Vulture's hijacking, but the plane begins to veer off course.
- As the plane heads towards a catastrophic crash, Spider-Man uses his webs to pull on the wings and redirect it to crash away from citizens and towards Coney Island.
- Duel at Coney Island: The plane crashes, and Vulture continues to fight Spider-Man. Beaten down, Parker watches as the Vulture attempts to escape, but he realizes that Toomes' wings are malfunctioning and are going to explode. He calls out to try to save him, to no avail, unsuccessfully attempting to stop him from taking off before realizing that he is out of fluid in his web shooters. The wings explode and Parker ventures into the flaming metal, carrying the barely conscious Toomes from the wreckage, saving his life. He leaves Toomes webbed to the various crates of Avengers equipment that had been onboard, both being eventually retrieved by Happy Hogan and the Stark Industries crew.
- Jeffrey Mace assumes the role of director of S.H.I.E.L.D., ending Phil Coulson's directorship term.
- Man or Mandarin: The Trevor Slattery Story airs on TV.
- Peter Parker comes into school following the incidents on Friday evening. He finds Liz Toomes crying at her father's arrest, and approaches her to apologize for leaving her at the homecoming ball. She accepts the apology, and explains that she is moving school. She tells Parker that she hopes he resolves whatever issues he seems to have going on in his life, and the two part ways.
- Following Liz Toomes' departure, the decathlon team have a meeting, where Mr. Harrington appoints a new team leader, Michelle Jones - although she notes that her friends do not call her "Michelle", but rather "M.J." Parker then gets a text from an unknown number, telling him to meet the sender in the bathroom, and he excuses himself from the meeting.
- In the bathroom, Parker finds Happy Hogan, who congratulates him on his success with the Vulture. After an awkward encounter with another student in the bathroom, who is confused by what is going on, Hogan then explains that Tony Stark is awaiting Parker at the New Avengers Facility.
- When Parker arrives at the upstate facility, Stark greets him and praises him for his work, jokingly taking all the credit, saying that taking his suit back was the exact life lesson Parker needed. Stark then offers Parker an apartment at the facility, in the room next to Vision, as well as a new Spider-Man suit with gold and black lining.
- He explains that on the other side of the door is a room of press, waiting for Stark to step out and announce the newest member of the Avengers, "Spider-Man".
- However, to Stark's surprise, Parker turns down the offers, choosing to return to Queens and simply be the local hero.
- As he leaves, he notes that he believes he has seen through Stark's ruse, that there is not really any press, and it was all just a test to see what he had learned.
- Stark lets him go, knowing that this was not actually his intention.
- Pepper Potts comes through the door to ask Stark what they are going to do to please the press waiting for them, and he asks Happy Hogan if he still has the engagement ring on him, which he confirms, saying he has held onto it since 2008. Potts insists she will think of something better than this rushed engagement, but Stark has Hogan toss him the ring anyway, just in case.
- The newly rekindled couple kiss, before heading through the door to address the media.
- Peter Parker wears his red Stark-made suit from June again, back in his room in Queens. He pulls off the mask, not realizing that his aunt May is standing behind him in his doorway. She exclaims her shock at discovering her nephew's secret identity.
- In prison, Adrian Toomes is approached by Mac Gargan, who says he has heard a rumor that Toomes knows Spider-Man's secret identity. Protecting Parker's secret, since Parker saved both him and his daughter's lives, Toomes lies and says that he does not know.
- The New York Bulletin publishes an article about Quake, questioning whether she is a hero or a rogue.
- Kaecilius enters a church and speaks to the priest. He insists that the idea of an afterlife is a contradiction, and that he can "prove it", proceeding to kill the man. Then, Kaecilius and his Zealots decipher the ritual to contact Dormammu from the Book of Cagliostro, and successfully connect with him, causing symbols of the Dark Dimension to appear on their foreheads. One Zealot is nervous and unable to contact the entity, so Kaecilius murders him.
- Collapse of the Edison Bridge: Quake is involved in the collapse of the Edison Bridge while pursuing the Watchdogs. She saves several citizens' lives during the incident.
- Kaecilius and his Zealots set up in the church, performing another ritual for Dormammu, and the evil entity gives them more power, such as the ability to alter reality even outside of the Mirror Dimension.
- Meanwhile, having now been involved in many noted incidents, S.H.I.E.L.D. decide to pursue Daisy Johnson. Now that Phil Coulson is no longer director, he and Agent Alphonso Mackenzie are selected to board the Zephyr One and take long journeys to follow her tracks and try to apprehend her. Mace also wishes to keep Coulson's Team apart as much as possible.
- Yo-Yo Rodriguez meets with Phil Coulson, who is about to board the Zephyr One with Alphonso Mackenzie for another long flight to pursue, and hopefully catch the vigilante Quake. Coulson gives her Peggy Carter's old S.H.I.E.L.D. badge.
- Rodriguez meets with Jeffrey Mace and signs the Sokovia Accords. Afterwards, she asks permission to find Victor Ramon, who killed her cousin, but Mace says she has to go through the United Nations first. On her way out, she steals his clearance card to receive access to Ramon's location.
- She begins scanning for Ramon's location when Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons notice her and stop her to upgrade her watch. As they do so, she distracts them from seeing what she is up to by knocking things over, and suggesting the two get an apartment together.
- She tracks Ramon to Baltimore, Maryland, and on her way to sneak onto a Quinjet, she runs into both Alphonso Mackenzie and Melinda May, the former revealing that they have tracked Johnson to be on the east coast, but the latter revealing that she knows Rodriguez took Mace's clearance card. However, after she gives May back the clearance card, May lets her go to Baltimore anyway.
- Chase of Victor Ramon:
- In Baltimore, Yo-Yo Rodriguez finds and confronts Victor Ramon for killing her cousin. However, his men sneak up on her and knock her out. Yo-Yo Rodriguez awakes, but finds she is tied up. Victor Ramon prepares to kill her with the Peruvian 0-8-4 so as to demonstrate the weapon to the Watchdogs, when Quake arrives and frees her.
- The two battle the Watchdogs, and Rodriguez eventually holds Ramon at gunpoint. Although she decides to spare him, a Watchdog accidentally kills him with the 0-8-4 when she dodges the blast, which was intended for her. After all the Watchdogs are taken out, Rodriguez and Johnson say their goodbyes.
- Stephen Strange begins training alongside other students who prove to have control of the energy that surrounds them. Strange tries hard, but manages nothing.
- Having lost track of Quake, Phil Coulson and Alphonso Mackenzie return to the Playground for another short while, to restock and catch up with their teammates. They continue to keep track of Johnson's reported sightings on a map.
- Coulson and Mackenzie embark again on the Zephyr One to try to bring in Quake. They only ever touch down in the Quinjet, with the Zephyr remaining airborne for the whole span of their trips.
- Stephen Strange starts to train with the Sling Ring along with other students, but again he is unable to achieve their level of competency.
- The Ancient One explains to him that the fact he cannot master the Sling Ring is not due to the damage to his hands.
- To prove this, she calls Master Hamir, who is missing an arm, but can perfectly master the Sling Ring.
- In order to push him to learn, the Ancient One takes Strange through a portal to Mount Everest and abandons him, forcing him to use all his efforts to master the Sling Ring and get back to Kamar-Taj.
- After a few minutes, Strange manages to create a portal back to the courtyard, impressing Mordo and the Ancient One.
- Quake is involved in an incident near Marshalltown, Iowa.