- "It's time to go, honey!"
"I know, I'm coming! God!"
- ―Alisa Jones and Jessica Jones
Alisa was a mathematics teacher. She married Brian Jones and together with him she had two children. A daughter, Jessica Jones and a few years later a son, Phillip Jones. They all lived together in Caldwell, New Jersey.
- ―Alisa's last words
Brian, along with his wife and children, were going on a vacation. During their trip hwe children, in the backseats of the car, got into an argument over a video game. Alisa told Jessica to give Phillip the gameboy, which she did not do. Brian then around to stop the fight. In doing so he took his eyes off the road. Alisa, who was still watching the road, tried to warn Brian about a truck in front of them. Sadly, he was to late and the family crashed on the truck carrying a container of chemicals. The accident killed her, her husband and her son and left Jessica in a coma.
- Elizabeth De Luca † - Neighbor
In chronological order:
- Jessica Jones
- Her name is an homage to Alisa Bendis, wife of Jessica Jones's creator Brian Michael Bendis.
- In the comics, the name of Jessica Jones' biological mother was never revealed, and was only referred to as Mrs. Campbell. She was going with her family on a trip to Disney World with tickets given to her husband by his boss Tony Stark.