- "Margaret Elizabeth Carter! You'll be the death of me, Peggy Carter!"
- ―Amanda Carter
- "Go on, have a laugh, but one of these days, you're going to have to start behaving like a lady."
- ―Amanda Carter to Peggy Carter
Amanda married Harrison Carter and had two children, Michael and Margaret "Peggy" Carter. She tried to discourage her daughter from acting as a "tom-boy", hoping she would act more lady-like, despite Michael's constant attempts to allow her to embrace her desire for adventure and excitement in life.
One day, Amanda was helping Peggy with her wedding dress, telling her how beautiful she looked as Peggy prepared to marry Fred Wells when she answered a knock on the door; she and Harrison greeted members of the British Armed Forces, who informed them that Michael died in action during World War II. Amanda fainted and was caught by Harrison upon hearing the news.
- Harrison Carter † - Husband
- Peggy Carter † - Daughter
- Michael Carter † - Son
- Sharon Carter
Behind the scenes
- Carole Ruggier's character was credited only as Mrs. Carter but Peggy Carter's S.H.I.E.L.D. file from The Avengers identifies her mother as Amanda. However most details from this file have since been labelled as out of date information bar the reveal of Peggy's survival so it is possible this information may also be false.
- In the comics, Amanda is Peggy's sister-in-law instead of her mother. She is the mother of Sharon Carter.