Sometime after the Battle of New York, Nick Fury established an underground base in Canada and tasked Eric Koenig with keeping the base's existence secret to everyone, save for select operatives such as Maria Hill.
Unofficially naming the base "Providence," Koenig spent the next two years in total isolation, his only source of entertainment being the online video games that he and his twin brother Billy, who had been tasked with safekeeping the Playground, played.
Upon learning that Talbot's detachment was preparing to occupy the Hub facility, Phil Coulson and his team evacuated the base before establishing themselves at Providence, which they discovered via coordinates left by Fury.
Sometime later, Maria Hill was leaving a Congressional hearing when she was approached by Talbot. Hill, who felt Coulson deserved a life outside of espionage, revealed the Providence base's location.
Meanwhile, HYDRA sleeper agent Grant Ward stole the hard drive used by the team during previous missions and forced former S.H.I.E.L.D. asset Skye to decrypt it so he could deliver it to John Garrett.
To be added
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.18: Providence
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.20: Nothing Personal
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.19: The Only Light in the Darkness
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.22: Beginning of the End
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.01: Shadows