The Attack on Providence was the first conflict between Phil Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the United States Armed Forces. After the revelation of HYDRA's continued existence within S.H.I.E.L.D.'s ranks, the US Government declared S.H.I.E.L.D. a terrorist organization and a US military detachment led by Colonel Glenn Talbot was dispatched to take possession of all S.H.I.E.L.D. bases and paraphernalia.
The world recently learned that the terrorist organization HYDRA was a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. since its inception  and the United States Armed Forces decided that it would occupy all bases that S.H.I.E.L.D. once used. Glenn Talbot called Phil Coulson to tell him that he was coming to occupy the Hub; Coulson and his team quickly left the facility before the colonel arrived. Ultimately, Coulson's team found Providence and established themselves there.
After leaving a Congressional hearing, Maria Hill was approached by Talbot on the whereabouts of Coulson; Hill felt that Coulson would be better served parting with S.H.I.E.L.D. and starting a new life outside of espionage. Hill revealed to Talbot the location of Providence.
Grant Ward, who was vetted for Coulson's Team by Hill, proved to be a member of HYDRA. He abducted Skye, and took the Bus, so that she could decrypt Coulson's Team Hard Drive for John Garrett, his HYDRA superior.
To be added
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.18: Providence
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.20: Nothing Personal
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.01: Pilot
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.17: Turn, Turn, Turn
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.19: The Only Light in the Darkness
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.22: Beginning of the End
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.01: Shadows