A list of trivia related to Avengers: Infinity War.
Behind the scenes
- The basis of the movie is The Infinity Gauntlet story from the comics.
- The movie will also contain aspects of The Thanos Quest and Infinity stories.
- The name of the movie comes from The Infinity War story line.
- According to the movie's writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, when putting together the casts for both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4, they made baseball cards of all of the characters that were alive within the movies and put them on two walls. One wall was for Avengers: Infinity War and the other was for the sequel. They also stated that everyone from the main heroes down to minor characters, such as Ian Boothby, were considered for appearing in the movie.
- Avengers: Infinity War was originally titled Avengers: Infinity War Part 1, with Avengers 4 being titled Avengers: Infinity War Part 2. However, due to to the movies being different from each other, Marvel decided to rename the movies.
- The teaser poster for the film was revealed by Tom Holland during a live Instagram post as a spoof on his (along with fellow cast member, Mark Ruffalo) previous instances of accidentally revealing key details of Marvel projects.
References to Marvel Cinematic Universe
- This is the third appearance of the Infinity Gauntlet, the second being Avengers: Age of Ultron. and the first being Thor, though the one in Thor is a replica and not the real guantlet.
- The film is the first appearance of the Black Order, Thanos minions from the comics. Unlike the comic versions, the film versions will instead be the children of Thanos.
- Thanos fourth appearance overall, the third being Avengers: Age of Ultron, the second being Guardians of the Galaxy and the first being The Avengers.