Donnie Gill, who was taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody for his illegal experiments with the Atmospheric Moisture Freezing Device, discovered his ability to lower the temperature of objects upon touch by touching the window of the S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV. Gill was taken to the Sandbox and trained in harnessing his powers which then amplified. Eventually he was brainwashed into working for HYDRA.
In 2014, after being exposed and defeated by Captain America and his allies in the Battle at the Triskelion, the high command of HYDRA ordered all of their sleeper agents to purge any S.H.I.E.L.D. loyalists or non-HYDRA agents and capture all S.H.I.E.L.D. facilities for assuring their survival.
Agents from the Sandbox were revealed to be undercover HYDRA operatives and attacked the facility. HYDRA activated Donnie Gill's brainwashing and Gill used his freezing powers to eliminate many of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Eventually HYDRA gained control of the facility.
Donnie Gill temporarily broke his brainwashing and went on the run. Several months later, HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D. caught up with Gill in Casablanca, Morocco where he was seemingly killed by Skye on board the Maribel del Mar.
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.12: Who You Really Are
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.18: All Roads Lead...
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier takes place two years after The Avengers
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.01: Shadows
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.12: Seeds
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.03: Making Friends and Influencing People