- "It's Beetle! I'll make sure you never forget it."
Abner Ronald Jenkins was an criminal who went under the insect-themed name of Beetle. He robbed a bank at the expense that Spider-Man had swing by to catch him and take into custody.
After stealing bags of money in the bank, Spider-Man had to catch the Beetle in hopes to stop him from getting away with theft. As Spider-Man started to quip and tell him what his name is the Beetle was getting tired of his name calling and attack him. Spider-Man fought back and try to break his wings by landing on him, the Beetle manage to get him off of his armored wings. Spider-Man then took the fight seriously and web-pull his wings and break them off of his suit. The Beetle was then taken by the police as Spider-Man saves the day.
- Beetle Armor: The Beetle uses a suit of armor that has numerous gadgets for combat.
- Jet Pack: The Beetle Armor is equipped with a jet pack, similar to the EXO-7 Falcon. However, if the wings of the suit are removed, the suit will become unable to fly.
- Laser: The Beetle Armor houses a laser in the gauntlets for offensive purposes.
- In the comics, Abner Jenkins was a mechanic for an aircraft producer, who was tired of his boring, low paying job and not getting promotions, he decided to go out on his own in search of fame and fortune by using a suit of armor, becoming the Beetle.