Meeting Ava Starr
He met Ava Starr when she was a child. He became her surrogate father after the death of Elihas Starr and vowed to help find a cure for her condition. Despite his protection, he wasn't able to prevent S.H.I.E.L.D. from running tests on her and turning her into a killing machine.
Stealing Pym's Portable Lab
He showed up at Ghost's lair after she'd restrained Scott, Hope, and Hank. He revealed to them the reason why he was helping Ava and how they needed Janet van Dyne's quantum energy to cure her. After their escape, Ghost threatened to kidnap Cassie Lang and use her as ransom in exchange for the lab. Bill threatened to walk away from the whole situation if she did that.
Bill is an exceptional and intelligent scientist on par with Hank Pym enough for the latter to consider him his rival. He however resented Hank for his ego and trying to fire him. He hated Hank, as shown when he helped Ghost with her plans and showed concern for her. He also treated Ava like his own daughter and refused to leave her side when asked to and also tried to reason with her when her plans went to extreme, hinting that he had morals.
Powers and Abilities
- "How big did you get?"
"My record? Twenty-one feet."
- ―Scott Lang and Bill Foster
- Size Manipulation: Using technology developed by Hank Pym, Foster was able to grow his body to giant size, up to 21 feet.
- Master Scientist: Bill was an accomplished S.H.I.E.L.D scientist, working with fellow scientists Hank Pym, and Janet Van Dyne. He had a solid background on Quantam technology, and worked with Hank Pym on Project G.O.L.I.A.T.H.
To be added
- Ava Starr/Ghost - Adopted Daughter and Temporary Enemy
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (First Incarnation) - Former Employers
- Hank Pym † - Former Colleague and Temporary Enemy
- Janet van Dyne † - Former Colleague
- Hope van Dyne/Wasp † - Temporary Enemy
- X-Con Security Consultants
- In the comics, Bill Foster was the second individual to hold the mantle of Giant-Man, and the fourth Goliath, or Black Goliath. He was also the former husband of Claire Temple, which he divorced in order to focus in his career of superhero, and a supervisor of Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.. He lost his life at the hand of Ragnarok, a cyborg clone of Thor, during the Civil War.