Black Panther is an upcoming 2018 superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero Black Panther. It is a sequel to Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War, and will also be the eighteenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe while also being the sixth installment of Phase Three.
After the events of Captain America: Civil War, King T'Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.
- Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther
- Michael B. Jordan as N'Jadaka/Erik Killmonger
- Winston Duke as M'Baku
- Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia
- Danai Gurira as Okoye
- Florence Kasumba as Ayo
- Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue
- Forest Whitaker as Zuri
- Martin Freeman as Everett Ross
- Daniel Kaluuya as W'Kabi
- Angela Bassett as Ramonda
- Letitia Wright as Shuri
- Sterling K. Brown as N'Jobu
- John Kani as T'Chaka
- Atandwa Kani as Young T'Chaka
- Phylicia Rashad as to-be-confirmed character
- Stan Lee as Watcher Informant
- London, England
- South Korea
- Berkeley, California (flashback)
To be added
To be added
To be added
In January 2011, Marvel Studios hired Mark Bailey to pen a Black Panther script. Kevin Feige would produce the film. The Black Panther is a fictional character appearing in Marvel comics. He was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. He first appeared in Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966). He is also the first black superhero in mainstream American comics. Feige said that Black Panther is one of the films he is asked the most about. Michael Kenneth Williams, who appeared in The Incredible Hulk, has expressed interest in the titular role.
On October 28, 2014, Marvel Studios made a major announcement citing Black Panther as one of several films to be created in Phase Three.
On February 9, 2015, Marvel officially announced that it was changing the release date of four of its films, including Black Panther. However, Black Panther was changed again during the announcement of Ant-Man and the Wasp.
By August 13, 2015, F. Gary Gray expressed interest in directing the film since he passed up on Captain America: The Winter Soldier to do another film. However, F. Gary Gray was withdrawn from negotiations when he was chosen to direct Universal's Fast & Furious 8.
On October 14, 2015, "HeroicHollywood" reported that Marvel Studios desired Ryan Coogler to direct the film. "Comicbookresources.com" repeated the story.
By January 5, 2016, Ryan Coogler was chosen to direct the film.
On October 8, 2016, Marvel announced that Forest Whitaker, Winston Duke and Daniel Kaluuya joined the cast has Zuri, M'Baku and W'Kabi respectively. Florence Kasumba reprised her role from Captain America: Civil War.
The working title of the movie was "Motherland".
- ↑ Ryan Coogler to Direct Marvel's Black Panther
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sterling K. Brown on ‘Black Panther,’ ‘This Is Us’ — and how O.J. Simpson changed his life
- ↑ Ryan Coogler Co-Writing BLACK PANTHER For Marvel; Update On Cast And Shooting Schedule
- ↑ Marvel Studios Phase 3 Update
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 MARVEL STUDIOS BEGINS PRODUCTION ON 'BLACK PANTHER'
- ↑ New Black Panther Synopsis Revealed
- ↑ ‘Black Panther’ Taps ‘Person of Interest’ Actor Winston Duke to Play M’Baku (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 FOREST WHITAKER JOINS MARVEL'S 'BLACK PANTHER'
- ↑ ANGELA BASSETT BOARDS MARVEL'S "BLACK PANTHER"
- ↑ Black Panther: Letitia Wright Confirmed as Shuri
- ↑ Marvel teases first Black Panther footage
- ↑ Black Panther to Include T’Challa Attending American School in Flashbacks
- ↑ 'Black Panther' Back in Development at Marvel
- ↑ IGN on YouTube: Marvel Head Says Fans Want Black Panther and Captain Marvel
- ↑ BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Michael K. Williams Wants That BLACK PANTHER Role
- ↑ Ava DuVernay Confirms She Is Not Directing Black Panther
- ↑ "Black Panther News"
- ↑ Lupita Nyong'o in Talks to Star in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)
- ↑ Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)
- ↑ BLACK PANTHER Comic Con 2016 - Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Michael B. Jordan
- ↑ PRODUCTION WEEKLY – ISSUE 1015 – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2016 / 114 LISTINGS – 25 PAGES
- ↑ ‘Black Panther’ begins filming in Atlanta in January
|Captain America: Civil War • Doctor Strange • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 • Spider-Man: Homecoming • Thor: Ragnarok • Black Panther • Avengers: Infinity War • Ant-Man and the Wasp • Captain Marvel • Untitled Avengers Movie|