|For other uses, see Black Widow (disambiguation)|
Black Widow's Bite is an electroshock weapon, created by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Tech Directorate, that can deliver powerful electrical discharges from two shaped bracelets worn by Black Widow. Each bracelet is marked with blue lights from electrical capacitors and electrical wiring that appear when activated and allow their wielder to electrocute enemies by making contact with a pair of electrical probes.
During a security exercise on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Black Widow got the opportunity to test her Black Widow's Bite against an infiltrator. However, the weapon malfunctioned after the first shot and she was forced to discard it.
When the Chitauri forces invaded Earth during the Battle of New York, Black Widow used the Black Widow's Bite to electrocute several enemy troops by jamming her charged fists into them, while engaging them in her unique style of close combat.
Before the Ultron Offensive, Romanoff acquired a more powerful version of the Black Widow's Bite from Tony Stark, which causes the piping in her suit to light up and glow. During the Attack on the HYDRA Research Base, she used the weapon to defeat several HYDRA soldiers. Romanoff later used Black Widow's Bite, along with her new taser batons, during the Battle of Sokovia, taking down dozens of Ultron Sentries with a combination of her weapons and martial arts mastery.
During the Attack on the IFID Headquarters, Romanoff ineffectively employed her bite against Crossbones, finding that he no longer felt pain. Black Widow would make use of her bite and batons again during the Avengers Civil War as she fought on Iron Man's side during the Clash of the Avengers. Restrained by Ant-Man, Black Widow zapped him with her bite, sending her miniaturized opponent flying away as he was forced back to his original size. Later, acting against her team, Black Widow covered the escape of Captain America and the Winter Soldier via Quinjet by using Taser Disks fired from her bite to hold off Black Panther.
- Electrocution - The Black Widow's Bite main function is to deliver powerful electrical shocks to incapacitate the target.
- Grappling Hook - The Black Widow's Bite also contains a grappling hook able to support Romanoff's weight and slow her descent in case of a fall.
- Taser Disk Shooting - Black Widow's Bite also shoots Taser Disks, which are small disk-shaped objects that deliver a electric discharge with the purpose of incapacitating and disorientating targets.
- Taser Batons - Black Widow Bite's new upgrades by Tony Stark allow for the use of expandable batons that can be charged by the gauntlets and used in close combat.
- Electrical Blasts - Black Widow's Bite's new upgrade allows for a projection of focused electricity to knock the target unconscious or disrupt any electromechanical device from either a long or short distance.
- In Iron Man 2, Black Widow wears a pair of bracelets reminiscent similar to the Black Widow's Bite during her raid on Hammer Industries searching for Ivan Vanko. However, these bracelets do not have the same glove attachments and blue lights and are not used like the Black Widow's Bite in The Avengers.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Files' name for the Black Widow's Bite is the "Widow Stings".