This section requires expansion
Alessa was conducting research in her lab on spiders when she was interrupted by the arrival of an invitation from the Hand to participate in Madame Gao's challenge against Danny Rand. Upon receiving the invitation she said to herself "The time has come".
Duel Against Iron Fist
At the Da Jue Zhan, Alessa confronted Danny Rand as his second opponent. Using seduction and playing mind games on him she was able to throw him off balance and distract him which allowed her to stick him with a poisoned needle that clouded his senses.
Rand tried to fight back but she used her martial arts skills and needles to overwhelm him, all the while questioning and distracting him. As Rand was on the verge of defeat she prepared to finish him off. However Rand was able to recuperate from the poison and managed to knock her out with a kick to the head.
- Master Martial Artist: Alessa is a superb martial artist using her flexibility and speed to her advantage. Her fighting skills combined with her poison, seduction and mind games allowed her to nearly defeat Danny before she was defeated.
- Expert Scientist: Alessa is a lab-scientist and an expert in arachnology, studying spiders and related insects. Her knowledge includes perfectly understanding how spiders behave and use their venom.
- Multilingual: She speaks her native Korean, and English fluently.
- Poisoned needles: Alessa used an array of needles poisoned with Singing Spider venom to gain the upper hand during the fight with Iron Fist. The venom clouded his senses, causing blurred vision and dizziness.
- In the comics, the Bride of Nine Spiders is the protector of the Kingdom of Spiders in Nepal, one of the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven. Her lab number "B-09 S" is a reference to her comic book name, that is never openly mentioned in the series.
- This version of the character is similar to Street Fighter character Juri Han. Both are villainous Korean women who are associated with Spiders. Both have a seductive, sultry and sexy attitude when fighting their opponents. Both are portrayed as merciless taekwondo fighters.