A Bulletproof Vest is a personal armor worn on the torso that helps absorb the impact from firearm projectiles and shrapnel from explosions.
Strategic Scientific Reserve
Peggy Carter presented Howard Stark with a Bulletproof Vest to protect him during his mock press conference from the advances of Johann Fennhoff; he called it garbage. He went into the laboratory of the New York Bell Company Office of the Strategic Scientific Reserve and located a vest of his own creation.,
Stark Industries Model
Tony Stark went in a business trip to Afghanistan to demonstrate Stark Industries' new weapon, the Jericho Missile. As a precaution, he was wearing a Bulletproof Vest under his shirt. When his convoy was attacked, one of his own company's bombs landed near him and exploded, embedding several pieces of shrapnel in his chest despite the protection of the vest.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Field Missions
Phil Coulson was also wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D. model of the Bulletproof Vest while supervising rookie agent Hendricks during his first mission. After being informed that a Ten Rings cell was operative in the vicinity, both Coulson and Hendricks pursued the van used by the terrorists with a pair of Motorcycles, until Coulson was shot and seemingly killed by heavy gunfire.
After Hendricks managed to complete the mission, Coulson approached unharmed revealing his to Bulletproof Vest to tell Hendricks that the whole mission was staged, as a way to know how a new agent would act under pressure.
Nick Fury had a briefcase with the Tesseract inside, as he talked with Loki in order to distract him long enough for the building that housed Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. to collapse on top of him. Clint Barton, under Loki's thrall after he was touched by the Scepter, shot Fury, took the briefcase, and escaped with Loki. The Bulletproof Vest saved Fury from the marksman's gunshot.
Agents Phil Coulson and Skye equipped themselves with Bulletproof Vests before invading the Cybertek base. While there, Coulson's vest saved him from an otherwise deadly punch thrown by John Garrett.
After death of Ray Schoonover, Frank Castle found a secret room within the Schoonover's cabin that contained impressive armory filled with military-grade weapons. Casle obtained Bulletproof Vest and donning it with a spray painted skull-like symbol.
The Judas Bullet created by Hammer Industries was tested by Ukrainians who shot a man with a prototype. The man, who was wearing a Bulletproof Vest at the time was initially relieved but suddenly exploded when the bullet detonated.
|Appearances for Bulletproof Vests|
In chronological order:
- ↑ Agent Carter: 1.05: The Iron Ceiling
- ↑ Agent Carter: 1.08: Valediction
- ↑ Iron Man
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Iron Man 2: Phil Coulson: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- ↑ The Avengers
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.14: T.A.H.I.T.I
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.16: End of the Begining
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.17: Turn, Turn, Turn
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.22: Beginning of the End
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.10: What They Become
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.15: One Door Closes
- ↑ Daredevil: 2.12: The Dark at the End of the Tunnel
- ↑ Daredevil: 2.13: A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen
- ↑ The Punisher: 1.01: 3 AM
- ↑ The Punisher: 1.11: Danger Close
- ↑ The Punisher: 1.13: Memento Mori
- ↑ Daredevil: 1.05: World on Fire
- ↑ The Punisher: 1.03: Kandahar
- ↑ Daredevil: 2.01: Bang
- ↑ Luke Cage: 1.05: Just to Get a Rep