The Central Intelligence Agency is a major United States intelligence service, specializing in foreign operations.
Nick Fury joined the ranks of the agency and, during the Cold War, he was sent on a mission in Budapest. When he discovered that Agent Escobar is a traitor, Fury's Russian friend Verliecki left a fake CIA identification card with Fury's name and Escobar's image near the unconscious Escobar for the Soviet police to find.
While Espinoza's men where beating up Bruce Banner Espinoza himself accused Bruce Banner of being a spy, naming the CIA as one of the potential agencies that send him into the jungle. Later, while working at the Pingo Doce Bottling Plant, some of Banner's blood dripped from his injured finger and into a bottle, giving his location away to Lieutenant general Thaddeus Ross of the US Army, who requested that the CIA monitor the building.
After Skye hacked the NSA satellites for video on the release of the prisoners from the Fridge, Agent Grant Ward killed Agent Eric Koenig and stopped the feed to conceal his involvement. When Skye returned and asked about Koening's location, Ward told her that he was sending the info to the CIA, NATO and Interpol.
|Appearances for CIA|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Nick Fury spent several decades as a member of the CIA before he joined S.H.I.E.L.D., John Garrett was also a CIA operative, and Alphonso Mackenzie was a CIA liasion to S.H.I.E.L.D. before he joined the latter agency.
- In the promotional S.H.I.E.L.D. files for The Avengers, it is said that Phil Coulson worked for the CIA before joining S.H.I.E.L.D. However, that information contradicts the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Turn, Turn, Turn where Coulson says that he joined S.H.I.E.L.D. right after high school.
- ↑ Nick Fury: Spies Like Us
- ↑ Iron Man
- ↑ The Incredible Hulk: The Big Picture
- ↑ The Incredible Hulk
- ↑ Iron Man 3
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.19: The Only Light in the Darkness
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.18: Providence
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.20: Nothing Personal
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.01: Laws of Nature
- ↑ Captain America: Civil War