|For other uses, see Cameron Klein (disambiguation)|
- "Number six boat is topped and locked. Or, uh, or stocked, topped. It…it’s, uh, full of people."
- ―Cameron Klein
Cameron Klein is a former S.H.I.E.L.D. technician who stayed loyal to Captain America during the Battle at the Triskelion and stood against Brock Rumlow in the face of death. He was later recruited by Nick Fury to assist in the Battle of Sokovia.
Cameron Klein was in control of the Insight Helicarriers launch sequence. He refused to launch the Helicarriers following Captain America's revelation of HYDRA's infiltration within S.H.I.E.L.D.. Brock Rumlow fought his way into the control center and threatened to kill him. Sharon Carter defended Klein by putting a gun to Rumlow's head. A gunfight between S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA agents ensued; Sharon Carter kicked his chair, thus saving his life.
Aiding the Avengers
- "Life boat security deployed, disengage in 3, 2, take them out."
- ―Cameron Klein
Klein was later recruited by Nick Fury and Maria Hill along with several other former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in relaunching the 'mothballed' Helicarrier in a bid to evacuate the citizens of Sokovia before Ultron could enact his plan during the Battle of Sokovia. Upon arrival Klein launched the Helicarrier's lifeboats to the now levitating city of Novi Grad so that the Avengers and local law enforcement could commence with the evacuation of the city.
Before long the majority of the cizilians who had been left on Novi Grad had been evacuated onto the Helicarrier while Klein monitored the progress and reported to Fury and Hill. In attempt to stall their efforts, an Ultron Sentry crash landed onto the bridge of the Helicarrier where it destroyed the Conference Table and would have attacked and killed Klein if it had not been for the combined efforts of Nick Fury and Maria Hill.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (First Incarnation) - Employer (former relationships)
- Brock Rumlow † - Former S.H.I.E.L.D. Colleague and Attempted Killer
- Ultron †
- In the comics, Cameron Klein is a technician working for S.H.I.E.L.D., and the grandson of Stanley Klein, a United States Armed Forces private rescued by Captain America and the Howling Commandos during World War II.