Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father's.
Chase Stein was born in 2000 to Victor Stein and Janet Stein. After his birth, Victor was given the child by a nurse, brought to awe and briefly spoke with the nurse before returning to Janet's side. Lost of words, Janet completed Victor's sentence on Chase is everything to them. Victor told Janet that nothing else in the world mattered except Chase, stating he finally understood what everyone meant by that saying.
- "Time's Man of the Year? Wired's Visionary? Give me a break.
"You don't know shit about sh...!"
"Say it again."
"You don't shit about..."
- ―Victor Stein and Chase Stein
Chase had a troubled childhood, resenting his father for the abuse he gave to his mother and him. Additionally, Chase was ignored by Victor, who was more focused on his work than anything else. One day, Victor promised Chase that he would make it to the city championship to see him play, but failed to do so. Chase won and received the trophy, waiting for his father to take him home. In the car, Victor noted his son's resentment, asking him what was wrong. Chase told him he didn't make it and mocked the idea that his father for being considered a visionary. Victor ordered his son to stop, but Chase cursed at him, leading to his father to punch him. Stunned, Chase cursed at him again when he dared him to say it again, leading him to get punched once more.
This section requires expansion
Chase Stein is a popular student at Atlas Academy and a valued player on the school's lacrosse-team. This causes many to assume he's one of the "jocks" and therefore of low intelligence. Much to the contrary however, Chase has exceptional talent with engineering in a similar fashion to his successful father, Victor Stein.
Powers and Abilities
- "How is it that you know all this, but you've never gotten above a B- in calculus?"
"Calc's boring. I like practical applications."
- ―Victor Stein and Chase Stein
- Expert Engineer: Stein was able to crafted highly advanced technology, having worked on the Fistigons with his father and his X-Ray Specs.
- "He hasn't laid a finger on you in a while now."
"Yeah, 'cause he knows if he tried, I'd kick his ass."
- ―Janet Stein and Chase Stein
- Skilled Combatant: Stein began training in boxing techniques after receiving abuse from his father. He was able to defend the unconscious Karolina Dean from sexual assault at a house party, and was confident in his ability to defeat his father. His upper body strength from playing lacrosse attributes to his fighting ability, as he left one of Dean's attackers with a broken rib.
- "I figure with the right L.A.W.S., these things will be able to shoot a drone out of the sky."
- ―Chase Stein to Victor Stein
- Fistigons: These gauntlets are able to fire concussive orange energy beams capable of sending people flying through the air and are stated to have the potential to shoot a drone out of the sky.
- X-Ray Specs: These specs can be used to see through walls, doors, and even through peoples’ skins.
|Appearances for Chase Stein|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Chase Stein was also known as Talkback. He had a telepathic link to Old Lace when Gert Yorkes transfered the link to him. He also had energy-conjuring gauntlets, boots, and telescopic x-ray goggles.