|For other uses, see Daredevil (disambiguation)|
- "Lawyer by day, vigilante by night."
- ―Claire Temple
On November 7, 2013, Marvel announced the 13-episode series as a joint project with Netflix. On December 6, 2013, Marvel announced that Drew Goddard would join the series as Showrunner and Executive Producer and write the first episode Into the Ring. On May 24, 2014, Drew Goddard left the project handing his position to Steven S. DeKnight. The whole first season premiered on April 10, 2015.
"Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.
Just when Matt thinks he is bringing order back to the city, new forces are rising in Hell's Kitchen. Now the Man Without Fear must take on a new adversary in Frank Castle and face an old flame – Elektra Natchios.
Bigger problems emerge when Frank Castle, a man looking for vengeance, is reborn as The Punisher, a man who takes justice into his own hands in Matt's neighborhood. Meanwhile, Matt must balance his duty to his community as a lawyer and his dangerous life as the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, facing a life-altering choice that forces him to truly understand what it means to be a hero.
Missing for months, Matt Murdock reemerges a broken man, putting into question his future as both vigilante Daredevil and lawyer Matthew Murdock. But when his archenemy Wilson Fisk is released from prison, Matt must choose between hiding from the world or embracing his destiny as a hero.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil (Seasons 1-3)
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page (Seasons 1-3)
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson (Seasons 1-3)
- Toby Leonard Moore as James Wesley † (Season 1)
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich † (Season 1)
- Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsley † (Season 1)
- Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna (Seasons 1, 3)
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple (Seasons 1-2)
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin (Seasons 1-3)
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle/Punisher (Season 2)
- Élodie Yung as Elektra (Season 2)
- Stephen Rider as Blake Tower (Season 2)
- Joanne Whalley as Maggie Grace (Season 3)
- Wilson Bethel as Benjamin Poindexter/Bullseye (Season 3)
- Jay Ali as Ray Nadeem (Season 3)
- Scott Glenn as Stick † (Seasons 1-2)
- Peter McRobbie as Father Lantom (Seasons 1-2)
- Matt Gerald as Melvin Potter (Seasons 1-2)
- Peter Shinkoda as Nobu Yoshioka † (Season 1-2)
- Royce Johnson as Brett Mahoney (Seasons 1-2)
- Geoffrey Cantor as Mitchell Ellison (Seasons 1-2)
- Skylar Gaertner as Young Matt Murdock (Season 1)
- John Patrick Hayden as Jack Murdock † (Season 1)
- Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao (Seasons 1-2)
- Gideon Emery as Anatoly Ranskahov † (Season 1)
- Nikolai Nikolaeff as Vladimir Ranskahov † (Season 1)
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett (Seasons 1-2)
- Amy Rutberg as Marci Stahl (Seasons 1-2)
- Susan Varon as Josie (Seasons 1-2)
- Clancy Brown as Ray Schoonover † (Season 2)
- Michelle Hurd as Samantha Reyes † (Season 2)
- McCaleb Burnett as Elliot Grote/Grotto † (Season 2)
- Ron Nakahara as Hirochi † (Season 2)
- Marilyn Torres as Louisa Delgado † (Season 2)
- John Pirkis as Stan Gibson † (Season 2)
Behind the Scenes
- On October 10, 2012, the rights to the character Daredevil were reverted from FOX back to Marvel Studios .
- On November 7, 2013, Marvel announced a joint project with Netflix to bring a 13-episode series featuring Daredevil to television. The series will be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, tie into series featuring Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, and culminate in a Defenders series.
- On March 24, 2014, Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb stated that Daredevil would begin filming in July 2014, with Jessica Jones being the series to follow. Iron Fist and Luke Cage would then follow Jessica Jones, before concluding with The Defenders series.
- On May 27, 2014 Marvel Entertainment announced that the title role of Daredevil was going to be played by Charlie Cox.
- The series description on Netflix lists it as TV-MA and as Exciting, Gritty, Dark.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series
- ↑ DREW GODDARD JOINS DAREDEVIL ON NETFLIX
- ↑ Drew Goddard Exits Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ TV Series
- ↑ Netflix Orders a Second Season of 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- ↑ Next stop: Hell’s Kitchen. #Daredevil Season 3 is coming soon
- ↑ https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/1047910440553119744
- ↑ ‘Daredevil’ Adds Joanne Whalley For Season 3 Of Marvel & Netflix Series
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Wilson Bethel To Portray Bullseye in ‘Daredevil’ Season 3
- ↑ https://io9.gizmodo.com/new-daredevil-season-3-trailer-could-introduce-a-surpri-1829518606?IR=T
- ↑ Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ Casts Jay Ali for Season 3 (Exclusive)
- ↑ Marvel movies: Daredevil rights revert back to Marvel and Disney
- ↑ Marvel TV head: 'Daredevil' starts shooting in July, 'Jessica Jones' next up
- Daredevil (TV series) on Wikipedia
- Daredevil (TV series) on Netflix
- Daredevil (TV series) on the Marvel Wiki