- He was nominated for a People's Choice Award for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor for his work on Jessica Jones.
- He was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor on Television for his work on Jessica Jones.
- David Tennant was considered to voice Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- David Tennant is one of the actors to portray characters for both Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, both of which are owned by Walt Disney Pictures. He voiced Huyang in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Tennant was one of three actors to play both The Doctor in the British Sci-Fi show Doctor Who and play a character in the MCU, along with Christopher Eccleston and David Bradley. He played the tenth incarnation of The Doctor.