- He was nominated for a People's Choice Award for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor for his work on Jessica Jones.
- He was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor on Television for his work on Jessica Jones.
- David Tennant was considered to voice Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- David Tennant is one of the actors to portray characters for both Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, both of which are owned by Walt Disney Pictures. He voiced Huyang in Star Wars: The Clone Wars).
- David Tennant is the second actor to have both portrayed The Doctor from the British sci-fi phenomenon Doctor Who and become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The first is Christopher Eccleston who starred in Thor: The Dark World.