Dinah Madani is a highly-trained, sophisticated Homeland Security agent who, upon returning from active duty with the Armed Forces is vexed by the Punisher during her own investigation into the death of her partner Ahmad Zubair. Upon gaining a leadership position after the sudden murder of Carson Wolf, Madani soon learned that Frank Castle was still alive and uncovered a conspiracy involving William Rawlins and Billy Russo linking to Zubair's death and, siding with Castle, assisted in the death of Rawlins and the capture of Russo, exposing Operation Cerberus and all their illegal actions to the world.
Rising in the Ranks
Dinah Madani was born and raised in Manhattan, New York City. She graduated from Fordham University in 2005 and attended Columbia University where she earned a Masters in Islamic Studies. Madani was recruited to the United States Department of Homeland Security by OOC Director Rafael Hernandez in 2009. She gained top marks at the FBI National academy for intelligence analysis, profiling and investigations.
Posting in Afghanistan
After her training, Madani was posted at the United States Department of Homeland Security Field Office in the Middle East where she served as an analyst.
In 2012, she was designated the Department of Homeland Security Liaison to the United States Mission in Kandahar. There she served with Ahmad Zubair, a local Afghani policeman. Together the two investigated criminal activity in the Kandahar region until Zubair was captured and killed by Cerberus Squad for unknown reasons.
Return from Afghanistan
- "Frankly, you must have a guardian angel, Madani. They pulled you out of there before you did your career some real harm. I guess you tick a lot of boxes, because they didn't want the poster girl embarrassing them."
- ―Carson Wolf
In 2015, after the death of Ahmad Zubair, Madani was transferred to the Department of Homeland Security New York Office. While in New York City she was made partners with Sam Stein, a junior agent under the direct orders of Carson Wolf.
Carson Wolf Case
To be added
The Greek Mob Operation
Acknowledging the located bug in her office, Madani and Stein acted out a pretend conversation, in which they put out a false lead on the location of Frank Castle somewhere in an old building. Later, she and Stein relayed the plot to other participants of the plan on paper.
Meeting with Micro
Before attending Sam Stein's funeral, Madani goes to a bar to have a drink. As she is about to leave, Micro sits next to her with a gun and identifies himself. She recognizes him as the man who sent her the video of Ahmad Zubair's execution and asks what he wants. Micro tells her he can give her names of everyone involved in Kandahar. After listening to Micro's explanation of the event that led up to Zubair's execution, Madani asks for a name. Micro tells her it was William Rawlins, the Director of Covert Ops for the CIA, who was the interrogator. Madani then asks to hear more about Rawlins' involvement but is told by Micro that she must talk to Castle since he was in the room. However, Madani then sees that Castle has been identified by the police and is on live TV.
Royal Hospitality Incident
- "Castle, drop the weapon!"
"This isn't on me, Madani. None of it."
"I believe you. Now drop your weapon."
"That's not gonna happen. You're just gonna have to let this go."
- ―Dinah Madani and Frank Castle
To be added
Frank Castle's Testimony
To be added
Rescue of the Liebermans
To be added
To be added
- "Why is it that you resent being home so much, do you think?"
"I resent being forced to come back. I resent that no one is hiding that fact. Mostly, I... I resent that no one wants the truth."
- ―Farah Madani and Dinah Madani
Dinah Madani has presented herself to be determined and stubbornly persisted in seeking justice within the system where injustices exist. Though she initially does not trust her new partner Sam Stein, Madani developed a tamed friendship with him and worked heavily alongside him, in the hopes of solving one case after another until his sudden demise.
- Expert Tactician: To be added
- Expert Investigator: To be added
- Expert Marksman: To be added
- SIG-Sauer P226R: Madani carried her service pistol on her, and took to the Royal Hospitality while she tried to speak with Billy Russo. She became involved in attack planned by Lewis Wilson inside the hotel, and while trying to help out, she managed to sneak on Frank Castle, who was trying to chase Wilson. Madani held Castle at gunpoint while explaining that she was on his side and wanted him to expose Operation Cerberus, even firing a warning shot while Castle tried to leave. However, Russo shot at Castle, so Madani and Russo held each other at gunpoint until the New York City Police Department officers appeared and subdued them.
Madani also led an ambush on Billy Russo during a hostage exchange where Frank Castle and David Lieberman were going to surrender in exchange for the liberation of Lieberman's wife and son. Madani and the rest of DHS engaged in a shootout against Russo's men, opening fire herself while protecting the two hostages. She took the gun to Central Park when she tracked Frank Castle hoping he would lead him to Russo. Upon arriving, she tried to sneak up on Russo, but one of his hostages asked for her help, so Russo quickly shot at her.
- Mossberg 500 Persuader: Madani carried this shotgun in an ambush that they had prepared in an attempt to capture the people they were investigating, using the bug in Madani's office to feed false information. As the five men that appeared did not surrender, Madani and the rest of the DHS agents engaged in a shootout, with Madani managing to kill Spencer Geiger. She went to chase Billy Russo, who unbeknownst to her was the field leader of the mercenaries, but instead she came across the fatally wounded Sam Stein, discarding her weapon to try to assist him.
- SIG Sauer SIG516: This assault rifle was the standard weapon carried by Madani, Sam Stein and other agents of the United States Department of Homeland Security during a training exercise organized by Anvil. They successfully shot at the men acting as terrorists, though Stein shot at one of the hostages.
|Appearances for Dinah Madani|
In chronological order: