- Djimon Hounsou also voiced Black Panther in the TV series Black Panther.
- Djimon Hounsou is one of the actors to portray characters for both Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment. He portrayed Papa Midnite in Constantine.
- Djimon Hounsou was originally up for the role of Drax the Destroyer.
- Djimon Hounsou took the role of Korath for the sake of his son: "I have a son who loves superheroes from Spider-Man to Iron Man to Batman. One day he looks at me and says 'Dad, I want to be light-skinned so I could be Spider-Man. Spider-Man has light skin'. That was sort of a shock".
- Djimon Hounsou previously worked with Tomas Arana in Gladiator.
- Djimon Hounsou later worked with Vin Diesel in Furious 7.
- Djimon Hounsou previously worked with Samuel L. Jackson in The Legend of Tarzan (film) and Blazing Samurai.
- Djimon Hounsou previously worked with Jude Law in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.