- Djimon Hounsou was originally up for the role of Drax the Destroyer.
- Djimon Hounsou took the role of Korath for the sake of his son, saying: "I have a son who loves superheroes from Spider-Man to Iron Man to Batman. One day he looks at me and says 'Dad, I want to be light-skinned so I could be Spider-Man. Spider-Man has light skin'. That was sort of a shock."
- Djimon Hounsou previously worked with Tomas Arana in Gladiator.
- Djimon Hounsou worked again with Vin Diesel in Furious 7.
- Djimon Hounsou previously worked with Samuel L. Jackson in The Legend of Tarzan and Blazing Samurai.
- Djimon Hounsou previously worked with Jude Law in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.
- Djimon Hounsou also voiced Black Panther in the TV series Black Panther.
- Djimon Hounsou is one of the actors to portray characters for both Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment. He portrayed Papa Midnite in Constantine.
- Djimon Hounsou portrayed the Fisherman King in Aquaman and Shazam in Shazam!. This makes him one of the few actors to date to have appeared in both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the DC Extended Universe.