Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "After all these years I found you. My name is Ego, and I'm your dad, Peter. I wanted to experience what it was to be human. So I created what I thought a biological being would be like."
- ―Ego the Living Planet to Peter Quill
Meeting Meredith Quill
Ego was a member of an ancient, mysterious alien race that visited Earth in the late 20th Century, and conceived a son with human Meredith Quill. She described him to her son as an "angel," and a being of pure light, which her family seemed to regard as a delusion. Although, Yondu Udonta remembered him as a "jackass".
To be added
- In the comics, Ego is a conscious planet who has been an enemy of Thor and the Nova Corps for a long time.
- In the comics, Peter Quill's father was J'son of Spartax, the Emperor of the Spartoi Empire.
Behind the Scenes
- Upon the release of the first Guardians of the Galaxy film, only four people knew the identity of Peter Quill's father: James Gunn, Kevin Feige, Michael Rooker and Sean Gunn. James Gunn also confirmed that Jason of Spartax was not intended to be Peter Quill's father as in the comics.
- James Gunn himself, at the San Diego Comic Con on July 23, 2016, revealed that Ego was Peter Quill's father.