- "I was sent here 30,000 years ago to observe and record the evolution of your species. What you would call an anthropologist. My Earth name is Enoch, I'm a sentient Chronicom from a planet which revolves around a star in the constellation you know as Cygnus."
"Yeah, we'll just go with Enoch."
- ―Enoch and Lance Hunter
Enoch was a Chronicom anthropologist, sent to Earth in order to study and record the history of Humans. Coming into contact with Robin Hinton, whose Inhuman power made her able to see into the future, Enoch became aware of an Extinction-Level Event that would destroy Earth itself. While helping Polly Hinton take care and raise her daughter, Enoch began to make arrangements to save humanity, including sending Phil Coulson and other agents into the future through a White Monolith, and helping Leo Fitz survive for 74 years in cryostasis to help his friends. He helped the team get back together and to the present, sacrificing himself in the process.
32,000 years ago, Enoch was built and put in service on the Chronicom's homeworld. 2000 years later, he was sent from his planet to Earth in a small cryo-sleep cell, with the intention of studying Humans.
Meeting the Hintons
Enoch learned about the existence of Robin Hinton, an Inhuman child who had trouble mastering her abilities which enabled her to gaze into different times. Enoch contacted Robin's mother Polly and helped her get used to her daughter's newfound powers. Over time, Enoch collected many drawings from Robin who were supposed to describe incoming or past events. Thus, he learned about a possible Destruction of Earth in the future and resolved to act in order to prevent this cataclysm.
Kidnapping Coulson's Team
A group of soldiers under Enoch's command busted in Rae's Restaurant, where the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Phil Coulson, Melinda May, Daisy Johnson, Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, Alphonso Mackenzie and Elena Rodriguez having dinner together after the defeat of Aida. Believing that Enoch and his men where members of the authorities sent to arrest them after the Attack on the S.H.I.E.L.D. International Inquiry as expected, Coulson calmly greeted them and joked over their dramatic entrance in the diner. Before he could finish the sentence, Enoch activated a device who emitted a high pitched sound and froze Coulson and all the agents in stasis. Enoch then reminded to his men that the "window" would have closed in less than two minutes, and then ordered them to take the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. away., save for Fitz, about whom Enoch declared that he was not "on the list".
Helping Leo Fitz
- "It was a rather fun pursuit, constructing your alias. No longer are you Leopold Fitz, but instead Boshtok, a vile Space Marauder of unlimited wealth."
- ―Enoch to Leo Fitz
Enoch was tracked down by Leo Fitz and Lance Hunter to his residence. Enoch who seemed to have expected the duo, wasn't surprised to see them. Fitz after realizing that Enoch had sent his friends to the future, held him at gunpoint only to threaten him to help find them. Enoch also mentioned that he was just fulfilling the prophecy.
Enoch decided to introduce Fitz to the Seer; who turned out to be Robin Hinton. Enoch greeted Polly, Robin's mother who seemed to have known him from a long time. When the United States Armed Forces, intercepted them to the park they were in, Enoch calmly distributed earplugs to his allies and used his Chronicom stasis device to help them escape.
- "I'm taking you to the place where I sent them"
"But you said that's impossible"
"I said where, not when"
- ―Enoch and Leo Fitz
Enoch decided to lead Fitz, Hunter and the Hintons' to the Lighthouse, an underground bunker built to support human life in case of an Apocalypse. Enoch also mentioned that the device in which he arrived on Earth was at a military base in Ravens Ridge, the place where Fitz was imprisoned. Once Fitz and Hunter retrieved it, Enoch help Fitz enter a suspended animation for 74 years and placed him on a Chronicom Spaceship.
Leo Fitz's Right-Hand Man
74 years later, after Fitz woke up from his cryostasis, Enoch accompanied him to the Lighthouse such that he could rescue his friends and return to the past. To simplify things, Enoch worked out a plan by creating an artificial alias of a wealthy Space Marauder for Fitz to grant him direct access to Kasius, the overseer of the Lighthouse. Enoch and Fitz secretly rode their plans while seeming interested in buying the Destroyer of Worlds as a personal slave.
Rescuing Melinda May
- "How are you not eaten by those things?"
"They have no interest in me, as I have no tender insides for them to extract."
"Thought Fitz was done building robots."
"I am not a robot."
- ―Melinda May and Enoch
While Fitz rescued Simmons and Johnson from Kasius, Enoch was sent to the surface of the Earth where Melinda May was exiled by Fitz in order to prevent her from getting killed during a death match against another Inhuman. Enoch in the process of getting to her killed three Vrellnexians. When he met May she mistook him for a LMD which Fitz built. Just as Enoch explained to her his hierarchy, the duo was hit by a Gravity storm and were pinned to the ground by a mysterious man who arrived at the location. Enoch and May were then taken to an old and rusty Zephyr One which acted as secret base to the True Believers, a faction of humans who believed and followed the prophecies of the Seer. Enoch and May were later reunited with Phil Coulson and his team which escaped from the Lighthouse.
Escaping the Gravity Storms
As the aftermath of a minor clash between team S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Believers, Enoch suggested the relocation of the latter into a nearby cave in order to escape the Gravity storms. Meanwhile, Coulson and his team decided to fly the Zephyr back to the Lighthouse after Fitz and Simmons reactivated it. But due to frequent Gravity storms attacking them, Enoch frequently expressed his opinions concerning the situation which Melinda May found irritating and asked him keep his mouth shut and only observe what was going on. Once in the Lighthouse, everyone in the Zephyr except Enoch left using the Containment Module while the former stayed back in order to operate the cyclotron which would be responsible for activation of the portal which could send the agents back to the past.
- "My battery has sustained me for more than 32,000 Earth years. Modifying the cell stack could create a thermal feedback capable of delivering more than enough power."
"Thermal feedback? What happens to you in that scenario?"
"I will expire, knowing I returned my friends home. And then my battery chemistry will consume my body in an exothermal reaction violent enough to decimate several levels of the Lighthouse."
"So it's not great for the guy that's standing next to you flipping the switch."
- ―Enoch and Deke Shaw
With the Lighthouse already evacuated, Enoch began wiring himself to the machine. While S.H.I.E.L.D. slowly reassembled in light of Kasius's death, Enoch began drifting into unconsciousness. With this, Shaw activated the cyclotron, which in turn triggered the White Monolith to open, transporting S.H.I.E.L.D. back to the present day timeline. However, almost immediately after their departure, Enoch's battery combusted, destroying him in a brutal explosion, that also destroyed several levels of the Lighthouse.
Although Enoch certainly did not survive the blast, Shaw, who was alongside him did, as a shard of the White Monolith struck him and returned him to the present day with their S.H.I.E.L.D. comrades.
Despite not being often seen smiling, Enoch also displays some sense of humor. He teased Fitz by asking him if he should introduce Jemma Simmons to him, knowing full well of their relationship, and declared that elaborating Fitz's alias as Boshtok the Marauder was quite amusing.
Although Enoch seemed to be really cautious, refusing to interfere in events unless absolute necessity and always advocating the safest option, he was described by his fellow Chronicom Noah as "reckless".
Powers and Abilities
- Chronicom Physiology: As a Chronicom, Enoch naturally possesses physical capabilities beyond any human being.
- Longevity: Enoch claims he was sent to Earth 30,000 years ago, which means he has been on the planet almost from the beginning of humanity.
- Compressibility: Due to being made mostly of plastic alloy, Enoch can squeeze his body into extremely confined spaces.
- Anthropologist: Enoch is assumed to be an expert anthropologist, since he has been documenting human evolution for myriads of years.
- I.C.E.R.: While helping Leo Fitz saving his friends from the Lighthouse, Enoch armed himself with an I.C.E.R. he used to neutralize one of the Kree Watch guards.
- Synthetic Skin: Enoch possess synthetic human skin, which he wears to disguise himself as one of them. The color of the synthetic skin can be changed at will, as demonstrated when Enoch turned it blue in order to pose as a Kree.
- Stasis Device: Enoch has a device which creates a shrill sound, capable of stunning those who hear it. When the effect of the device expired, the victims feel like no time has passed, but in reality Enoch can operate freely.
|Appearances for Enoch|
In chronological order:
- Enoch share his name with a biblical character, known for his extraordinary lifespan and for knowing the language of the angels.
- Enoch seems to mainly live on coconut water, as it was the only item in his refrigerator. However, it is likely that Enoch doesn't need sustenance as he does not have a stomach, and only likes its taste.
Behind the Scenes
- Joel Stoffer was credited as "Silhoutted Man" in the end credits of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode World's End.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.09: Best Laid Plans
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.10: Past Life
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.05: Rewind
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.06: Fun & Games
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.22: World's End
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.01: Orientation Part One
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.07: Together or Not at All
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.08: The Last Day