- "You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone."
- ―Flash Thompson to Peter Parker
Mocking Peter Parker
- "What's up, Penis Parker?"
- ―Flash Thompson to Peter Parker
Flash began attending Midtown High alongside Peter Parker and Ned Leeds the former of whom he would constantly harass, primarily the former, due to Peter's higher IQ, and his tendency to make Flash look bad, as seen when Peter correctly answered a question that he got wrong. He is shown to come from a wealthy family, leading him to be quite arrogant, as well as, having a tendency to prioritize speed over accuracy when it came to his schoolwork and academic decathlon answers. He was also prone to goading people on, as his comments almost caused Peter to appear at Liz Toomes' party as Spider-Man.
Liz Toomes' Party
- "When I say penis, you say Parker! Penis!"
- ―Flash and a crowd of people.
Later that Friday, Flash would end up at Liz's party as the DJ. He would lead the crowd in a chant that would ultimately cause Peter to leave to investigate the arms deal between Adrian Toomes' Crew and Prowler.
After the Decathlon Nationals, Flash was keen to hog the trophy for himself, although as Michele pointed out, he missed many of his questions.
- "Hey, do you really know Peter Parker?"
- ―Flash to Spider-Man
As the bomb in Ned Leeds' backpack goes off, Flash finds himself stuck in the elevator with his classmates. As the monument's security team manage to pry open the elevator doors and provide a escape. Flash immediately pushes his classmates out of the way and tells the security team to save his decathlon trophy first then himself, to the shock of his classmates. As he is lifted out, the elevator falls, only for Spider-Man to swoop in and save the group.
Lending his Car
On the night of the Homecoming dance, Flash drives his date to the Midtown School of Science and Technology. On the way there, Spider-Man jumps on the hood of his car, asking Flash if he could borrow the car while in "interrogation mode". The stunned Flash informs him that it is his father's car in truth but quickly relents and lets Spider-Man drive off. However, Flash became shocked when Spider-Man recklessly drove the sports car, driving it into a rack of bicycles.
- "See, Flash. Being the fastest isn't always the best if you are wrong."
- ―Ms. Warren
Flash is, on first impression, cocky and arrogant, prone to mistreating or mocking those that he sees as superior or more intelligent than himself, such as Peter Parker or Ned Leeds, most likely stemming more from insecurity than malice. However, he is shown deep down to be cowardly, prioritizing his life over his teammates, and calling the Academic Decathlon trophy his trophy. He is also shown to be picky with food, due to his complaint about his branzino, and cannot handle pressure well, as seen by how easily Peter was able to steal his car, leaving Flash's date far from pleased,
- Midtown School of Science and Technology
- Warren - Teacher
- Roger Harrington - Teacher and Decathlon Supervisor
- Wilson - Teacher
- Liz Toomes - Former Classmate and Decathlon Leader
- Cindy Moon - Classmate
- Michelle Jones - Classmate and Decathlon Leader
- Charles Murphy - Classmate
- Abe Brown - Classmate
- Sally Avril - Classmate
- Seymour O'Reilly - Classmate
- Jason Ionello - Classmate
- In the comics, Flash eventually becomes the hero known as Agent Venom, member of both the Secret Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Behind the Scenes
- Toni Revolori's character was known as "Manuel" before his official reveal.
- Flash Thompson in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the third live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnations portrayed by Joe Manganiello and Chris Zylka.
- Tom Holland explained that this version of the character is very different from his comic-book counterpart: "Bullying wasn't really a thing, so when they cast Flash Thompson they knew they didn't need a 6ft 5in jock to beat Peter Parker up. They needed a rich, smug kid commenting on how bad his trainers were."
- The song that Flash performs at Liz Toomes's home is called "Flashdrv". It was written by Jon Watts.
- The license plate of his father's Audi, which he drives to the Homecoming dance, also says "FLASHDRV".
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found