Grundroth was a Frost Giant.
Thor Attacks Jotunheim
Grundroth was a member of Laufey's army. He fought with Thor when he arrived along with Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three to invade Jotunheim, but he was defeated by a single strike from Mjølnir, which sent him flying against a frozen mountain. He then rose to fight Hogun of the Warriors Three with twin Ice Daggers. He was later one of the Frost Giants that was brought to Asgard, by Loki, along with his king, Laufey, to assassinate Odin. Grundroth was assigned to guard the Bifrost Bridge and an incapacitated Heimdall, who was earlier frozen by Loki using his Frost Giant powers. However Heimdall was eventually able to break free of his icy prison and decapitated Grundroth, just as he was about to strike.
Powers and Abilities
- Frost Giant Physiology:As part of a race of humanoid giants that live on Jotunheim, Grundoth's Frost Giant features had granted him superhuman abilities.
- Cold Immunity: Grundroth lived his life in Jotunheim, a realm that is cold enough to kill a human, without being harmed.
- Superhuman Durability: With his Frost Giant physiology, Grundroth managed to survive a strike from Mjolnir.
- Superhuman Strength: Grundroth has strength much greater than that of a human being.
- Combatant: Using his twin Ice Daggers, Grundroth could easily fight Thor and the Warriors Three.