Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A list of trivia related to Guardians of the Galaxy.
References to Marvel Comics
- In the comics, Drax the Destroyer was born Arthur Douglas, a man assassinated, together with his family and wife by a Thanos' experiment. Later, cosmic entity Kronos (Thanos' grandfather) captured Douglas' soul before he arrived to Afterlife and placed him in a new and powerful body in order to stop Thanos' plans to get the Cosmic Cube (the Tesseract shown in Captain America: The First Avenger.) As Arthur Douglas, he was father of Heather Douglas, super-heroine Moondragon.
- Guardians of the Galaxy is primarily based on the 2008 comic team (Star-Lord, Gamora, Nova, Drax, Rocket Raccoon and Groot), but features Yondu, a member of the original 1969 comic team.
References to James Gunn's Previous Works
- James Gunn always includes a character named Fitzgibbon in all of his films, after his name Larry Fitzgibbon.
- Star-Lord mentions the film Footloose and its star Kevin Bacon to Gamora. Kevin Bacon was one of the stars of James Gunn's film Super.
- The alien creatures from James Gunn's film Slither can be seen in the Collector's Museum.
- Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Lee Pace, Wes Bentley, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum and John Krasinski auditioned and screen tested for the role of Peter Quill/Star Lord. Pace was cast as Ronan the Accuser.
- Olivia Wilde turned down the role of Gamora, while Rosario Dawson, Gina Carano, Rachel Nichols, Kristanna Loken, Moon Bloodgood and Adrianne Palicki auditioned before the role went to Zoe Saldana.
- Djimon Hounsou, Isaiah Mustafa, Brian Patrick Wade, Shad Gaspard and Jason Momoa were considered for the role of Drax the Destroyer. Hounsou was cast as Korath the Pursuer.
- Adam Sandler, David Tennant, Sharlto Copley, Jim Carrey and H. Jon Benjamin were amongst the actors considered to voice Rocket Raccoon.
This section needs a rewrite
- The first non-Avengers Marvel property developed by Walt Disney Pictures.
- Director James Gunn cites Iron Man (2008) as an influence on the film: "we are starting Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is Marvel Cosmic. And we're doing exactly what they did with the first Iron Man film."
- To prepare for the role of Nebula, Karen Gillan shaved her head.
- Rocket Raccoon was not included in early drafts of the script out of fear that he would be considered too cartoonish.
- According to producer Victoria Alonso, Rocket Raccoon and Groot was created through a mix of motion-capture and rotomation VFX.
- Bradley Cooper (Rocket) was dating Zoe Saldana (Gamora) until January of 2013, when they split.
- Alexandra Byrne was flustered when measuring Djimon Hounsou for his outfit; she stated he was so perfectly built she could put a beanbag on him and he'd make it look good.