Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A list of trivia related to Guardians of the Galaxy.
References to Marvel Comics
- Characters from the movie adapted from the comics are Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Nebula and Ronan the Accuser. Other characters from the comics are Meredith Quill, Yondu Udonta, Korath the Pursuer, Bereet, the Broker, Kraglin Obfonteri, the Collector, Carina, Moloka Dar, Rhomann Dey, Garthan Saal, Irani Rael and Eson the Searcher.
- In the comics, Drax the Destroyer was born Arthur Douglas, a man assassinated, together with his family and wife by a Thanos' experiment. Later, cosmic entity Kronos (Thanos' grandfather) captured Douglas' soul before he arrived to Afterlife and placed him in a new and powerful body in order to stop Thanos' plans to get the Cosmic Cube (the Tesseract shown in Captain America: The First Avenger.) As Arthur Douglas, he was father of Heather Douglas, super-heroine Moondragon.
- Guardians of the Galaxy is primarily based on the 2008 comic team (Star-Lord, Gamora, Nova, Drax, Rocket Raccoon and Groot), but features Yondu, a member of the original 1969 comic team.
References to James Gunn's Previous Works
- James Gunn always includes a character named Fitzgibbon in all of his films, after his name Larry Fitzgibbon.
- Star-Lord mentions the film Footloose and its star Kevin Bacon to Gamora. Kevin Bacon was one of the stars of James Gunn's film Super.
- The alien creatures from James Gunn's film Slither can be seen in the Collector's Museum.
- Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Lee Pace, Wes Bentley, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum and John Krasinski auditioned and screen tested for the role of Peter Quill/Star Lord. Pace was cast as Ronan the Accuser.
- Olivia Wilde turned down the role of Gamora, while Rosario Dawson, Gina Carano, Rachel Nichols, Kristanna Loken, Moon Bloodgood and Adrianne Palicki auditioned before the role went to Zoe Saldana.
- Djimon Hounsou, Isaiah Mustafa, Brian Patrick Wade, Shad Gaspard and Jason Momoa were considered for the role of Drax the Destroyer. Hounsou was cast as Korath the Pursuer.
- Adam Sandler, David Tennant, Sharlto Copley, Jim Carrey and H. Jon Benjamin were amongst the actors considered to voice Rocket Raccoon.
This section needs a rewrite
- The first non-Avengers Marvel property developed by Walt Disney Pictures.
- Director James Gunn cites Iron Man (2008) as an influence on the film: "we are starting Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is Marvel Cosmic. And we're doing exactly what they did with the first Iron Man film."
- To prepare for the role of Nebula, Karen Gillan shaved her head.
- Rocket Raccoon was not included in early drafts of the script out of fear that he would be considered too cartoonish.
- According to producer Victoria Alonso, Rocket Raccoon and Groot was created through a mix of motion-capture and rotomation VFX.
- Bradley Cooper (Rocket) was dating Zoe Saldana (Gamora) until January of 2013, when they split.
- Alexandra Byrne was flustered when measuring Djimon Hounsou for his outfit; she stated he was so perfectly built she could put a beanbag on him and he'd make it look good.