Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A list of trivia related to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- The film was announced a week before the release of Guardians of the Galaxy at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 to be released on July 28, 2017. On October 28, 2014, the date was moved to May 5, 2017.
- James Gunn had intended to feature a mention of an alien race called Sneepers in the film, but Marvel's legal team informed him that he could not as the word "sneeper" means "clitoris" in Icelandic.  They later recalled the decision, allowing Gunn to put at least one Sneeper in the movie. 
- Prior to his death, James Gunn and Kevin Feige discussed the possibility of having David Bowie make a cameo appearance in the film.
- This film will be the first sequel in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to use a number rather than a subtitle since Iron Man 3.
- Underneath the "SPACESUITS FOR EMERGENCY" instructions on the Milano, there are letters scribbled on that spell "OR FOR FUN". These words were written by James Gunn himself.
Simon Williams's Movies
- Arkon - Is a spoof of the 1982 epic fantasy movie Conan the Barbarian (1982 film). In the comics, Arkon is a warrior and the ruler of Polemachus who fought against the Avengers.
- Tony Stark - Is a biopic about Tony Stark in the style of Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs
- Haxan 2 - Is an action horror movie and hypothetical sequel of Swedish-Danish silent film Häxan.
- Toxic Janitor 2 - Is a spoof of the 1989 Troma film The Toxic Avenger II that was directed by Lloyd Kaufman, James Gunn's friend and mentor.