|For the real world HYDRA, see HYDRA.|
- "When no one would tell us the truth, HYDRA stepped forward. They brought us law and order. Purpose! They galvanized us. For the good of the state over individual interests. They... Yeah, Burnell."
"But sir, isn't it true that HYDRA came from Nazis?"
"That's not true. Never say that."
- ―Phil Coulson and Burnell
Using knowledge obtained from the Darkhold, Holden Radcliffe and Aida redesigned the Framework to fix one regret for each user. This had the unintended effect of creating a virtual reality where HYDRA dominated the world.
The massacre and the subsequent shutdown of S.H.I.E.L.D. led to HYDRA revealing itself to the world before conquering the entire planet, creating a fascist new world order.
At a certain point, HYDRA organized a parade to celebrate Felix Blake and his Humans First advocacy. Among the attendees were Madame Hydra, Leopold Fitz, Sunil Bakshi, and General Daniel Whitehall.
|Leopold Fitz/The Doctor||High-Ranking Member|
|Melinda May||High-Ranking Member|
|Alistair Fitz||High-Ranking Member||Destroyed|
|Daniel Whitehall||High-Ranking Member||Deleted|
|Grant Ward||Field Agent||Defected/S.H.I.E.L.D.|
This section requires expansion
Unlike its real-world counterpart, which never rose above being a mere terrorist organization, the virtual HYDRA controls the world. As such, HYDRA is divided into several divisions and subdivisions, replacing all aspects of society with their own. In the United States, HYDRA is divided into the following branches.
- HYDRA Homeland Strategic Defense:
- National HYDRA Air Force Guard:
- Federal HYDRA Police Force:
- Mothers of HYDRA:
- Madame Hydra's Youth:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- The symbol of the Framework version of HYDRA has green as its primary color, like HYDRA in the comics.
Behind the Scenes
- The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agents of HYDRA arc has featured several parallels between the Framework version of HYDRA and current President of the United States, Donald Trump:
- The Cambridge Incident was used by HYDRA as a justification for hunting down Inhumans, similar to how the anti-immigration Executive Order 13769 is used to potentially reduce the risk of terrorist attacks.
- In What If..., Phil Coulson lectures Burnell on the importance of separating fact from innuendo. He later criticizes the information put out by The Bakshi Report as "fake news" in All the Madame's Men.
- In Identity and Change, Leo Fitz declares that he and his HYDRA troops will "make our society great again". This is an obvious reference "Make America Great Again", Trump's slogan during his presidential campaign.