- "You guys are the Howling Commandos."
"I hate that name."
- ―Rick Ramirez and Happy Sam Sawyer
World War II
This section requires expansion
A year after the war, Happy Sam Sawyer, part of a new team of Howling Commandos (including Dum Dum Dugan, Junior Juniper and Pinky Pinkerton were stationed in Russia. They were called upon to assist Strategic Scientific Reserve agents Peggy Carter, Jack Thompson, Rick Ramirez and Mike Li in an infiltration mission on the Red Room Academy, in Belarus.
- Colt M1911A1: The Colt M1911A1 was Sawyer's weapon of choice, customizing it with a suppressor, and using it during the infiltration mission into a facility in the Soviet Union, to kill some of the guards inside and during a shootout against Leviathan soldiers, until running out of ammunition.
- United States Army Rangers
- Howling Commandos
- Strategic Scientific Reserve
- In the comics, Happy Sam Sawyer was a General and the commanding officer and founder of the Howling Commandos. He lost his life fighting with a Life-Model Decoy of himself created by Wolfgang von Strucker.