- "We don't need hearings, we need action!"
- ―Councilwoman Hawley
- "I don't think you understand what you've started. Letting the Avengers loose on this world. They're dangerous."
- ―Councilwoman Hawley to Nick Fury
Councilwoman Hawley is a British member of the World Security Council. During Loki's campaign for world domination, Hawley and her fellow council members favored the idea of utilizing Phase 2 as a defense over the Avengers Initiative, bringing her at odds with Nick Fury.
She supported the decision to nuke New York City during the Battle of New York, though this ultimately failed when Iron Man redirected the missile to the Chitauri battle fleet in outer space, effectively ending the invasion.
- "Are you calling for my resignation? I’ve got a pen and paper right here."
"That discussion can be tabled for a later time."
- ―Alexander Pierce and Hawley
Hawley continued to serve on the Council after the Battle of New York. Following the battle, Hawley and the rest of the council coordinated with Alexander Pierce and Nick Fury to develop a stronger role for S.H.I.E.L.D.. To that end, they created Project Insight.
- World Security Council
- It is possible that Councilwoman Hawley is the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the comics character Pamela Hawley, a British nurse who dated Nick Fury during World War II and died during a German bombing raid of London.