- "You know what they say: You're out of luck, until you've gone Duck."
- ―Howard the Duck
Inside the Collector's Museum
Howard was a specimen being held in Taneleer Tivan's museum when the Guardians of the Galaxy brought the Orb to him. Tivan's assistant Carina, angry how Tivan had treated her and her predecessors, unleashed the Orb's power, destroying much of the museum.
After the mishap, a battered, beaten-up Collector sat in his museum, drinking from a green cup. Seconds later, Cosmo approached Tivan and began to lick his face. Howard, who was undamaged in his broken containment cell, watched on, and remarked how "gross" the act was. Howard was also drinking out of a similar green cup.
Partying in Contraxia
Powers and Abilities
- Duckworldian Physiology: As an Duckworldian, Howard is an intelligent humanoid duck, meaning that unlike other members of his species he has a cognitive and intellectual equivalent or superior ability to the most sensitive species in the galaxy. He can talk and communicate with other species, as well as perform complex tasks.
- In the comics, Howard was abducted from his home planet by the extra-dimensional overlord Thog and brought to Earth, making his first appearance as a guest in Man-Thing's comics.
Behind the Scenes
- Howard made his theatrical debut in the film Howard the Duck, which premiered in August 1, 1986, exactly 28 years before the North American premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy. The film was universally panned and is widely regarded as one of the worst films ever made. It was one of the first theatrical films based on a Marvel Comics character (after the loosely adapted 1940s Captain America serials, and Red Sonja). Howard the Duck was James Gunn's favorite character during his childhood, and he has hated the film since its release.
- Seth Green was uncredited for his appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In 2013, Joss Whedon was asked what Marvel characters he wanted to adapt after finishing Avengers: Age of Ultron, to which he jokingly replied: “I think it's time for the Howard the Duck reboot that nobody expects.”
- Howard the Duck in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Chip Zien and Ed Gale.
- According to Joe Russo, Howard survived Thanos's snap.
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy Post-credits Scene
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- ↑ Here's How Much 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director James Gunn Hates 'Howard the Duck' the Movie
- ↑ Joss Whedon thinks ‘it’s time’ for a ‘Howard the Duck’ reboot
- ↑ 'Avengers: Infinity War' Directors Reveal Who Died And Survived Off Screen