- "When I was a kid, I used to dream what it would be like to, to live somewhere far away from Hell's Kitchen. Somewhere beautiful."
"What made you stay?"
"I didn't. When I was 12 years old, my mother, she sent me to stay with relatives. Had a farm, middle of nowhere. Those were good years."
"But you came back."
"Yes. Time and distance, they afford a certain clarity. I realized that this city was a part of me, that it was in my blood. And I would do anything to make it a better place for people like you."
- ―Wilson Fisk and Vanessa Marianna
Eight years ago, Anatoly and Vladimir Ranskahov were jailed in Utkin Prison in Russia. Vladimir took the bones of one of their cellmates who was left inside their cell to rot and made weapons which he and Anatoly used to escape. They decided not to return to Moscow where they once lived as princes, but to come to New York City to forge a new life.
Ben Urich tells Karen Page to stop pursuing Union Allied Construction, because she was lucky to have escaped her previous encounters. Ultimately, he decides to help her, but, for her safety, she needs to practice discretion and not allow them to be seen together.
James Wesley gives an offer from Fisk to the Ranskahov Brothers: allow him to have control over the assets he just got for them from Prohaszka and he will deal with the masked man. Vladimir is against it; Anatoly is more susceptible. The brothers decide that they can deal with the masked man themselves. They awaken Semyon from his coma and learn where Claire Temple's Apartment is. Sergei does not find Temple there, but he makes Santino tell him where she is.
As Murdock and Foggy Nelson discuss how Nelson wishes he was a big-time lawyer, Murdock gets a phone call from Temple; he hears her screams over the phone. Finding her in the garage of Veles Taxi, the "man in black" fights the Russians and frees Temple, who hits Sergei with an aluminium bat.
Anatoly decides to accept Fisk's offer, but, in his enthusiasm, interrupts the date between Fisk and Marianna. Marianna tells Fisk that she regrets going out with him, much to Fisk's heartbreak. Enraged at being embarrassed in front of Marianna, Fisk kills Anatoly by smashing his head with his car door until it decapitates him. Wesley tells Fisk that Anatoly's death will start a war; Fisk says that he hopes so.
Temple reassures the masked man that he can make a difference in Hell's Kitchen; he tells her his real name is Matthew.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Toby Leonard Moore as James Wesley
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich
- Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk
- Nikolai Nikolaeff as Vladimir Ranskahov
- Gideon Emery as Anatoly Ranskahov
- Alex Falberg as Semyon
- David Vadim as Sergei
- Tony Naumovski as Dmitry
- Moisés Acevedo as Santino
- Ben Livingston as Auctioneer
- Ray DeFeis as Alexei (uncredited)
- Nancy Ellen Shore as Art Patron (uncredited)
- Eric Trautmann as Viktor the Vice (uncredited)
- Nicholas Wuehrmann as Mikhail (uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- Siberia, Russia
- Utkin Prison (flashback)
- Moscow, Russia (mentioned)
To be added
- Madame Gao
- Nobu Yoshioka
- Daniel Fisher
- Clyde Farnum
- Marlene Fisk
- Doris Urich
- Jack Murdock
- Melvin Potter
- Scene Contempo Gallery Artists
- Daniel Ballarón
- Eric Blum
- Emily Fairhurst
- Isaac Holt
- Alan Posner
- Erica Wessmann
- Gary Worth
|Keyboard Concerto In F Minor, BWV 1056: II. Largo||Hae-Won Chang, Camerata Cassovia & Robert Stankovsky|
|Variations Goldberg, BWV 988: Aria Da Capo||Glenn Gould|
|Passenger Side||John Paesano|