A Gauntlet (which, unlike Thanos' version, was right-handed) with replicas of the Infinity Stones was in Odin's Weapon Vault, and was guarded by the Destroyer. During her takeover of Asgard, while searching the vaults Hela came across the Infinity Gauntlet housed there and declared it to be a fake, pushing it onto the floor.
- "Fine... I'll do it myself."
Given that both Loki and Ronan the Accuser failed him in his quest to find and retrieve the Infinity Stones, Thanos put on the Infinity Gauntlet and decided to hunt for the Stones himself instead of manipulating others to do so for him.
- The Space Stone, Mind Stone, the Reality Stone, the Power Stone, the Time Stone and the Soul Stone are Infinity Stones, used in the comics in conjunction with the Infinity Gauntlet.
- The stones shown in the Gauntlet in Odin's Vault are fakes created by Asgardians to show how the item is supposed to look, as Volstagg explained that the only Infinity Stone Asgard has in its possession is the Tesseract. Hela later revealed that the Gauntlet itself was also merely a replica of the original.
Behind the Scenes
- The Infinity Gauntlet prop from Thor was showcased at Comic Con 2010, while Josh Brolin entered the stage wearing a fake Infinity Gauntlet glove at Comic Con 2014.
- After the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige confirmed that in the Marvel Cinematic Universe there were two Infinity Gauntlets, and that the one Thanos retrieved was not in Odin's Vault. However, this appears to be have been proven false following the events of Thor: Ragnarok.