Tony Stark utilized Mark XLIII and XLIV, but they were both damaged after the battle against Ultron and a mind-controlled Hulk, respectively. As the Avengers prepared to fight Ultron in Sokovia, Stark made the Mark XLV as his new battle suit. Before the suit's completion, he inserted a new A.I. called F.R.I.D.A.Y..
Stark used the suit to arrive at Sokovia, and with the help of F.R.I.D.A.Y., he tried to come up with an idea to destroy the flying Novi Grad before it would reach the ground. Stark, along with Thor, used the suit to destroy the meteor in mid-air.
The Mark XLV has a unique design compared to its predecessors, specifically the hexagonal-shaped indent around the circular Arc Reactor. Its paint scheme has more red than gold. The helmet design is similar to the Mark XLIII but has a more curved and sleek fashion.
- Superhuman Strength: The armor amplifies its pilot's strength to superhuman levels, enough for Tony Stark to battle Ultron Sentries with ease, as well as support the weight of a S.H.I.E.L.D. Transporter.
- Superhuman Durability: The armor gives its user superhuman durability, enough to easily withstand energy blasts from the Ultron Sentries.
- F.R.I.D.A.Y.: After J.A.R.V.I.S. was introduced into Vision's body, Tony Stark had to choose an alternative A.I. to replace it, leading to each subsequent armor and all of Stark's other technology being implemented with the same A.I. system.
- Advanced Laser System: This new armor incorporated a laser system more developed than that of the Mark VII, which allowed Stark to easily slice through several Ultron Sentries.
- Flight: This armor, like most of the previous suits, can fly.
- Repulsors: The armor has the ability to shoot repulsor blasts strong enough to destroy Ultron's sentries, as well as send Captain America flying across a room. They could fire in a concentrated beam powerful enough to melt the Vibranium outer shell of Ultron's third body when utilized together with a beam from the Vision's Mind Stone, and lightning strikes from Mjølnir.
- Unibeam: Like previous armors before it, the Mark XLV can shoot a powerful beam from the chest where the Arc Reactor is located. This version of the weapon seemed to be electrically based as electric-like arches were seen in its beam and covered the area surrounding the beam with electrical arches when it was used on the core of Ultron's device.
- Autonomic Prehensile Propulsion Technology: Similar to the Mark XLII and Mark XLIII, each part of the suit could be summoned to Stark using physical gestures that would begin to lock itself onto his body.
In chronological order:
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- WHiH Newsfront
- Season One
- WHIH Newsfront Top Stories (footage)
- Season Two
- Season One
| Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark XV • Mark XVI • Mark XVII •
Mark XVIII • Mark XIX • Mark XX • Mark XXI • Mark XXII • Mark XXIII • Mark XXIV • Mark XXV • Mark XXVI •
Mark XXVII • Mark XXVIII • Mark XXIX • Mark XXX • Mark XXXI • Mark XXXII • Mark XXXIII • Mark XXXIV •
Mark XXXV • Mark XXXVI • Mark XXXVII • Mark XXXVIII • Mark XXXIX • Mark XL • Mark XLI
Mark XLII • Mark XLIII • Mark XLIV/Veronica • Mark XLV • Mark XLVI • Mark XLVII • Mark XLIX • Mark L
|Mark I • Mark II/Iron Patriot • Mark III • Mark IV|
|Mark I • Mark II|
|Tech Suit • Iron Spider Armor|