Tony Stark utilized Mark XLIII and XLIV, but they were both damaged after the battle against Ultron and a mind-controlled Hulk, respectively. As the Avengers prepared to fight Ultron in Sokovia, Stark made the Mark XLV as his new battle suit. Before the suit's completion, he inserted a new A.I. called F.R.I.D.A.Y..
Stark used the suit to arrive to Sokovia, and with the help of F.R.I.D.A.Y., he tried to come up with an idea to destroy the the flying Novi Grad before it would reach the ground. Stark, along with Thor, used the suit to destroy the meteor in mid air.
The Mark XLV has a unique design compared to its predecessors, specifically the hexagonal-shaped indent around the circular Arc Reactor. Its paint scheme has more red than gold. The helmet design is similar to the Mark XLIII but has a more curved and sleek fashion.
- F.R.I.D.A.Y.: After J.A.R.V.I.S. was introduced into Vision's body, Tony Stark had to choose an alternative A.I. to replace it.
- Advanced Laser System: This new armor incorporated a laser system more developed than that of the Mark VII.
- Flight: This armor, like most of the previous suits, can fly.
- Repulsor Beams: The armor has the ability to shoot repulsor beams strong enough to destroy Ultron's sentries. This suit's repulsor beams were incredibly powerful as they were able to melt the Vibranium outer shell of Ultron's third body, when utilized together with a beam from the Vision's Mind Stone, and lightning strikes from Mjølnir.
- Unibeam: Like previous armors before it, the Mark XLV can shoot a powerful beam from the chest where the Arc Reactor is located. This weapon seemed to be electrically based as electric like arches were seen in its beam and covered the area surrounding the beam with electrical arches.
- Autonomic Prehensile System: Similar to the Mark XLII, each part of the suit could be summoned to Stark using physical gestures that would begin to lock itself onto his body.
In chronological order:
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- WHiH Newsfront
| Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark XV • Mark XVI • Mark XVII •
Mark XVIII • Mark XIX • Mark XX • Mark XXI • Mark XXII • Mark XXIII • Mark XXIV • Mark XXV • Mark XXVI •
Mark XXVII • Mark XXVIII • Mark XXIX • Mark XXX • Mark XXXI • Mark XXXII • Mark XXXIII • Mark XXXIV •
Mark XXXV • Mark XXXVI • Mark XXXVII • Mark XXXVIII • Mark XXXIX • Mark XL • Mark XLI
Mark XLII • Mark XLIII • Mark XLIV/Veronica • Mark XLV • Mark XLVI • Mark XLVII
|Mark I • Mark II/Iron Patriot • Mark III|
|Mark I • Mark II|