- "I know who you are, I know what you have done, I know who you have killed, the list is long, a pilot in Buenos Aires, a lawyer in Berlin and a very messy business in Morocco. I'm still trying to understand how one woman can fit six bodies into the trunk of a Maserati."
"Are you here to kill me?"
"Something like that."
"Well you ought to know, it's rude to keep a girl waiting."
- ―Jacques Duchamps and Elektra
Attack on Elektra
When Elektra chose to leave the Chaste in order to pursue a doomed relationship with Matt Murdock, Duchamps was ordered by Stick to assassinate her for her betrayal. Tracking her to a private airport, Duchamps initially greeted Elektra and began flirting with her, as she assumed a false name and flirted back, hinting they got begin a sexual relationship in Paris. However Duchamps soon revealed his true intentions of being there, noting the number of assassinations Elektra had done throughout her long career with the Chaste.
Elektra happily agreed to the challenge and invited Duchamps to try and kill her while she finished her drink. The pair battled throughout the airport, proving themselves to be equally matched due to receiving much of the same training within the Chaste, with Elektra at one point using a corkscrew to try and stab Duchamps in the chest but she was soon disarmed. When Duchamps was able to knock Elektra to the ground, he revealed his hidden weapon, a pair of deadly twin sai hidden within his jacket which he attempted to kill his target with.
Duchamps however was swiftly disarmed and Elektra stabbed him in the chest and back with his own Sai, cruelly twisting the blades to maximize his pain. Elektra mistakenly told Ducamps that she believed he was working for the Hand and told him she did not care what the Hand wanted with her as she was not part of the war. Despite bleeding to death, Duchamps corrected her mistake and noted that it was Stick who had sent him on the mission. Mortified, Elektra ripped the blades from Duchamps' body, killing him and stealing the sai for herself.
- Master Martial Artist: Jacques was skilled enough to fight on par with Elektra, who is an extremely proficient martial artist in her own right for a time. While his fighting style is entirely clear, a notable martial art that Jacques employed was Okinawan martial arts, such as sai fighting.
- Master Assassin: As a member of the Chaste, Jacques would've no doubt been a highly skilled assassin. His skills were enough to have him been sent to assassinate Elektra, who is an extremely lethal assassin herself.
- Multilingualism: Duchamps speaks both English and French fluently.
- Sai Mastery: Jacques displayed a high skill in Sai fighting, an Okinawan martial arts he employs, although he was disarmed and defeated with his own weapons.
- Twin Sai: Jacques owned the twin sai in which he used in against Elektra. But then Elektra took his twin sai.