He was interviewed for the documentary Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe.
- Jon Favreau also portrayed Foggy Nelson in the 20th Century Fox production Daredevil.
- Jon Favreau worked again with Scarlett Johansson, Ben Kingsley and Garry Shandling in The Jungle Book.
- Jon Favreau will work again with Donald Glover in The Lion King.
- Jon Favreau is one of the actors to portray characters for both Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment. He portrayed Assistant in Batman Forever.
- Jon Favreau is the first Marvel Cinematic Universe director to play a part in the film he was directing. The second was Joe Russo, who portrayed Doctor Fine in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Theo Broussard in Captain America: Civil War. The third was James Gunn, who portrayed a Maskless Sakaaran in Guardians of the Galaxy. The fourth was Taika Waititi, who portrayed a Korg in Thor: Ragnarok.
- He was nominated for a Scream Award for Best Director for his work on Iron Man.