|For the Framework version of Katya Belyakov, see Katya Belyakov|
- "I want your pain."
- ―Katya Belyakov to Melinda May
Katya Belyakov was an Inhuman who was subjected to Terrigenesis by her mother Eva without any of the proper mental preparation, developing sensory manipulation powers that drove her insane. She and her mother then used their respective abilities to cause carnage in Bahrain, forcing S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Melinda May to go and challenge them, eventually killing them both.
Stolen from Afterlife
Katya Belyakov received her Inhuman traits through her mother, Eva Belyakov, who requested that Katya be exposed to the Terrigen Mist in order to "receive her birthright", despite her young age. However, Jiaying noticed several signs of psychopathic schizophrenia within Katya and thus deemed her unsuitable for Terrigenesis. In response, an outraged Eva, foolishly trusting her own judgment over Jiaying's, stole a number of Terrigen Crystals and exposed Katya to the Mist herself. The sudden powers, without proper mental preparation, drove young Katya to insanity. Through her gift, she was able to feel the emotions of other humans through a single touch, and also control them.
At the Incident in Bahrain, Katya acted innocent in order to gain the upper hand. She easily put local mobsters and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents under her control, while Eva prepared to kill. Katya watched as her mother fought Melinda May, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent sent in after her team, and was defeated. Devastated and angry that May killed her mother, Katya tried to convince May to take her hand, so she could "feel her pain" and kill her. In order to protect all the agents, May was forced to shoot the girl. After Katya's death, May cradled the child in her arms, traumatized by what she had done.
- "With one touch, she leeched off emotions like a parasite."
- Sensory Manipulation: Belyakov had the power to feel and manipulate the senses of others, including pain. She was able to control these senses to the point of complete physical and mental domination. She inflicted this ability upon others through physical contact, and, if she desired it, could shut down all human sense completely, killing those under her control.
- Eva Belyakov † - Mother and Thrall
|Appearances for Katya Belyakov|
In chronological order:
Behind the Scenes
Behind the Scenes
- Following her appearance in Melinda, Katya Belyakov was introduced into the mainstream Marvel comics continuity in The Cavalry: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary Vol 1 1.