|Real Name||Leopold Fitz|
|Alias(es)|| Leo Simmons|
Fitz-Simmons (with Jemma Simmons)
|Ser. No.||A 0947329|
|Title(s)|| Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.|
|TV series||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.|
|Portrayed by||Iain De Caestecker|
- "You're gonna suffer for what you've done, and I plan on being a very big part of that."
- ―Leo Fitz to John Garrett
Leopold "Leo" Fitz is a Level 5 S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and scientist. He is as brilliant an engineer as he is socially awkward, but he’s always on the same wavelength as his research partner, Jemma Simmons. The two of them are an inseparable pair, and rarely go into the field.
- "It's like magic. But, it's-- it's science."
- ―Leo Fitz
A genius-level engineer, Leo Fitz attended the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Science and Technology along with his best friend, bio-chem expert Jemma Simmons. Among their instructors at the academy were Professor Vaughn and chemical kinetics advisor, Professor Hall.
Fitz and Simmons graduated from the academy three years early, and Fitz would have been happy to spend all of his time in a lab. However, at the urging of Simmons (and against the advice of Professor Vaughn), the pair put in for a field position.
- "I said there would come a moment when we would regret the decision to go in the field. I didn't think that would happen in week one."
- ―Leo Fitz to Jemma Simmons
Fitz and Simmons were recruited by agent Phil Coulson to be the science crew for a new team he was putting together. Stationed on the Bus, the pair have designed specialized equipment and compounds on the fly in emergency situations.
Their first foray into the field involved the case of Michael Peterson, a man in danger of exploding due to his use of the volatile Centipede formula. Peterson was saved in part by Fitz's invention, the Night-Night Gun, which contained specially designed bullets that delivered a Centipede counter-agent to Peterson. 
Fitz first faced danger in the field in Peru, where the team was investigating an 0-8-4. After facing Peruvian rebels and an armed takeover of the Bus, Fitz found it hard to concentrate at first, but later came through for the team, using his D.W.A.R.F. Drones to activate the old HYDRA weapon in order to regain control of the Bus. 
- "I am every bit the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent you are!"
- ―Leo Fitz to Grant Ward
Sometime later, Fitz and Agent Grant Ward were assigned by Agent Victoria Hand to infiltrate the border of South Ossetia and destroy an enemy weapon known as the "Overkill Device". Despite his inexperience (and a few missteps), Fitz showed quick thinking, ingenuity and courage during the assignment and was essential to the successful completion of the mission.
Agent Fitz' noteworthy actions include the timely activation of an EMP pulse when his and Agent Ward's lives were in jeopardy, gaining the trust of the locals (specifically Marta and Vladimi) and the modification of the Overkill Device's core, which allowed him to neutralize the enemy soldiers weapons.
Among his missteps were the vastly overpaying the locals for safe transit across the border and bringing a sandwich (prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella with a hint of pesto aioli) into the field while being tracked by dogs.
PersonalityEditLike his best friend Jemma, Leo is known to be an attractive nerd on his profile for S.H.I.E.L.D.. He is also a weapons/tech specialist which has assisted S.H.I.E.L.D. many times through-out his career. Fitz also likes monkeys.
- "I'm engineering, she's bio-chem."
- ―Leo Fitz
- Night-Night Gun
- D.W.A.R.F. Drones
- Full-Spectrum Goggles
- Backscatter Glasses
- Magic Window
- Anti-Serum Delivery Mechanism
- Golden Retrievers
- Tactical Suit
- Night-Night Bracelet
- Atmospheric Moisture Freezing Device
- Mouse Hole
- Coulson's Team
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Science and Technology
- Michael Peterson - Ally
- Elliot Randolph - Ally
- Camilla Reyes - Enemy
- Carlo Mancini - Enemy
- Lorelei - Enemy turned enthraller
- Fitz is apparently a fan of the long-running, British Sci-fi television show, Doctor Who as he has a model of the Doctor's TARDIS beside his bed.
- Fitz has a distaste of corpses contaminating his work space after accidentally eating a liver from a dead cat that Simmons was working on.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The relationship between Fitz and Simmons is based on the relationship between Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.