|For other uses, see LMD (disambiguation)|
The Life-Model Decoys, or L.M.D.s, are androids designed to replicate every feature of a living person. They were originally designed by S.H.I.E.L.D. to be distractions and life-saving substitutes of their agents.
- "You have reached the Life-Model Decoy of Tony Stark; please leave a message."
- ―Tony Stark
Agents Billy Koenig and Sam Koenig participated in the original Life-Model Decoy Program of S.H.I.E.L.D. as programmers and technicians. However, despite their efforts, they never achieved to create a fully functional android. The project was eventually abandoned by S.H.I.E.L.D. Tony Stark was evidently aware of the project as he jokingly purported himself to be his own Life-Model Decoy, analogous to an answering machine, to Phil Coulson when he arrived at Stark Tower to collect Stark for the Avengers Initiative in light of the destruction of Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.
Holden Radcliffe created a body for the artificial intelligence that served as his assistant, Aida, based on the old S.H.I.E.L.D. program, believing that it would prevent the deaths that Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons, of whom he had grown fond, had to witness. Aida was programmed as a decoy target for S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
Aida also created an L.M.D. of Agent Melinda May, which took the place of the real one, and Radcliffe also created an L.M.D. of himself, which was ultimately destroyed. Later, L.M.D.s of Phil Coulson, Jeffrey Mace, Alphonso Mackenzie and Leo Fitz were created by Aida too. They were all destroyed by Jemma Simmons, Daisy Johnson and L.M.D. Melinda May who rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D. but an army of L.M.D. of Daisy Johnson has been created.
|Appearances for Life-Model Decoys|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Life-Model Decoys are androids used by S.H.I.E.L.D. to substitute their top agent Nick Fury, who would have often used the LMDs in his battle against HYDRA.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.12: Hot Potato Soup
- ↑ The Avengers
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.22: Ascension
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.01: The Ghost
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.08: The Laws of Inferno Dynamics
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.11: Wake Up
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.15: Self Control