Maria Elizabeth Castle was the wife of Frank Castle.
Meeting Frank Castle
- "It was at a... At a park on a sunny day, you know? I was there with my guitar. I'm sitting under the tree like a... Like a derelict. You know? Trying to learn this this new song. I'm struggling, you know? Struggling away with it. I'm even... I'm singing out loud like an asshole, you know? And then I see her. She smiled at me. Yeah. Oh, I was done, man. She... Oh... She... she had me. She says to me, "Hey, buddy, you, uh, you know anything else? Because we're sick of hearing you butcher this one." That's what she said, you know? I... I go beet red, you know? And I look up, and I see this gang of her friends. And they're all laughing their asses off."
- ―Frank Castle to Micro
While at the park with her friends, Maria heard Frank Castle trying to play a song on his guitar. However, Castle was so bad that Maria eventually went up to him and asked him to play a different song. A smitten Castle then flirtatiously said to her that he did not do request. Soon after, the two began a relationship.
- "I was with Maria for three months when she got pregnant with Lisa. She said that she was not giving her up. Didn't wanna raise her alone, but she understood if I didn't wanna hang around. I asked her to marry me that day. Now I had friends who said I was crazy, that I'd lost my mind. But we were together ever since."
- ―Frank Castle to Micro
Three months later, Maria got pregnant with their first child. While not wanting to give the child up and wanting to raise her with Castle, she told him that she understood if Castle did not want to be in the child's life. Castle, however, asked her to marry him that same day much to the chagrin of many of Frank's friends. Eventually, the two got married.
Central Park Carousal
This section needs a rewrite
This section requires expansion
Maria and her family went to Central Park with Billy Russo to have a picnic for the family. While Lisa was riding the carousal horse, Maria remarked that the kids were growing up fast and were getting too old to go the park. Russo called the two over with Frank Jr. to get the food while it's hot, with Maria and Frank stating that Frank Jr. and Billy were two peas in a pod. While eating, Russo told the family that he was named after Billy the Kid who was a orphan and survived with his wits and bravery until he was betrayed by his friend for wealth and fame.
Lisa asked Uncle Bill if he was an orphan, how did he know that he was named after Billy the Kid, leaving Maria and Frank to chuckle with the family. Russo replied that Lisa was too smart to be Frank's daughter and didn't know the answer. Maria told Billy that they were all the family he needed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
Unbeknownst to the family, a sting operation was placed by the DA to uncover the identity behind The Blacksmith. Additionally, Cerberus Squad decided to have Castle and his family killed by having the gang's Kitchen Irish, the Mexican Cartel, and the Dogs of Hell meet and have a shootout to look like it was the cause. Maria and her children were killed by the squad, alongside an innocent undercover cop, but Frank survived the gunshot wound to the head.
Torture of Frank Castle
- "Come home, Frank. Let's go home.
I am home."
- ―Maria Castle and Frank Castle
Admist his torture by William Rawlins, Frank frequently dreamed of his past time with Maria. After having his cord cut by Russo, Frank had a vision of Maria, who asked to come home. Holding her hand, Frank let go of her and replied that he was home and killed Rawlins.
- Billy Russo - Friend
- Cerberus Squad - Killers
|Appearances for Maria Castle|
In chronological order:
Behind the Scenes
- Maria Castle in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Samantha Mathis.