Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "What should I tell the police?"
"Tell them those Tae-bo tapes really paid off."
- ―Cashier and Phil Coulson
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer is the second in a series of Marvel One-Shots, released on the Captain America: The First Avenger Blu-ray on October 25, 2011. It takes place during the events of The Incredible Hulk, and in between the events of Iron Man 2 and Thor.
Agent Phil Coulson leaves Tony Stark’s lab in Malibu to investigate a situation in New Mexico. Coulson stops at a gas station to fill up his car and, as he tries to decide between which donuts to buy, two armed robbers enter the shop and hold the night clerk at gun point telling her to empty the cash register. Coulson reveals himself to the criminals and feigns stupidity, offering to surrender his pistol. However, he tricks them into allowing him to slide it over through the next aisle, and while they are distracted, the agent takes them both down. Agent Coulson then casually pays for his donuts and leaves the night clerk staring in awe and recommends that she inform the police that she was the one who subdued the thieves.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Jessica Manuel as Convenience Store Clerk
- Jeff Prewett as Robber
- Zach Hudson as Robber
- According to Eric Pearson in an interview for Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe, the action scene in this One-Shot took up 80% of the budget for the first two One-Shots leaving only enough money for two people talking, forcing Pearson to come up with the idea for The Consultant.
- The gas station is a Roxxon Oil Corporation outlet. In Marvel Comics, Roxxon is a corrupt energy corporation that is ready to commit any underhanded and criminal act to secure its profits regardless of who or what suffers and is a regular foe of the superheroes, particularly Iron Man.
- The title of the One-Shot is a reference to the musical A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and its film adaptation.
- So far, this One-Shot is the only live-action product from the Marvel Cinematic Universe not to portray any character derived from the Marvel Comics.
- Music was composed by Paul Oakenfold