David Lieberman is a former member of the National Security Agency and a member of the Rising Tide who operates under the name Micro. A legendary hacker, Micro faked his own death to hide from his former agency and continue his work of exposure of the government's secret affairs.
Crime Scene Junkie
For a month, Phil Coulson had Skye try to decrypt the symbols that John Garrett had written. She looked into the Rising Tide for help to no avail until Micro alerted Skye of a murder in Rhinebeck, New York, where the mysterious symbols were carved into the victim's corpse.
Having found the one responsible for his family's death, and now he has found closure, Frank Castle returned to his abandoned home with the goal to set it on fire. Before he torched the house he punched a photo of him and his former United States Armed Forces platoon just to remove the photo from the marker and retrieve a disc with the word 'MICRO' on it.
To be added
- Master Hacker: Micro is a highly skilled hacker as he is one of the members of the Rising Tide hacktivist group.
To be added
- National Security Agency - Former Employers
- In the comics, David Linus Lieberman, also called Microchip, was the hacker and armorer of the Punisher, who eventually became his enemy.
Behind the Scenes
- Micro in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Wayne Knight.
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe's version of Micro is partially based on Edward Snowden, a former member of the CIA and NSA's consultant, who fled from the United States after he exposed of many global surveillance programs of the agency.