David Linus Lieberman is a former member of the National Security Agency and a member of the Rising Tide who operates under the name Micro. A legendary hacker, Micro faked his own death to hide from his former agency and continue his work of exposure of the government's secret affairs. Seeking to return to his life, Micro recruited Frank Castle under the promise that they had mutual enemies. Micro helped Castle discover the conspiracy which had led to the massacre of his family, eventually learning that Castle was betrayed and William Rawlins was responsible. As they closed in with their plans, Micro's family was threatened by Rawlins and Billy Russo, forcing Micro out of the shadows as he and Castle managed to trick their enemies and finally kill them all, allowing Lieberman to return to his old life with his family.
to be added
After it was revealed that it was David who was leaking the information on Kandahar, the NSA sent out a hit squad to take him out. While Lieberman was sititing in his car with his family, he saw the hit squad approaching behind him. He got out of the car and began to flee until he was corned on a pier. The agents claim he had a gun and shot him in front of Sarah. He fell back into the river and the agents thought they killed him. However, it is revealed that it was his phone that saved him.
Crime Scene Junkie
For a month, Phil Coulson had Skye try to decrypt the symbols that John Garrett had written. She looked into the Rising Tide for help to no avail until Micro alerted Skye of a murder in Rhinebeck, New York, where the mysterious symbols were carved into the victim's corpse.
Having found the one responsible for his family's death, and now he has found closure, Frank Castle returned to his abandoned home with the goal to set it on fire. Before he torched the house he punched a photo of him and his former United States Armed Forces platoon just to remove the photo from the marker and retrieve a disc with the word "MICRO" on it.
Interacting with Castle
Micro waited atop Graniteville Diner and phoned Frank Castle through the landline. The two conversed briefly about Castle's whereabouts and telling him that he needed him. After Castle left the diner and tried to locate Micro, he discovered a gift of a cellphone for communication.
Returning to his hideout, Micro placed his gun back underneath the desk and sat in his chair, unsure what to do. However, he soon met eyes with a living Frank Castle, whom he greeted by name. Before he could say more, Micro was knocked unconscious, stripped down of all of his clothes, and bound to the hair by Castle.
During the torturous interrogation, the monitors had a set countdown. Initially, Micro warned Castle that the countdown led to a delayed bomb explosion, informing him that if he did not input a password, they would both die.
to be added
Liberman sat next to Madani while she had a drink at a bar and offered her another. He is dismissed by Madani as another random guy until Lieberman asked her about her condition since Stein's death; Lieberman then revealed a gun to her, identifying himself as Micro, the hacker who sent her Zubair's execution video. He revealed that he can provide her more names of those involved in Kandahar, including William Rawlins. When she pressed him to continue, he told her that she needs Castle's testimony, as he was present during the torture. However, only a few minutes later, the two watched, as the news reported on Castle, whom was identified through dashcam footage and called him the terrorist behind Senator Ori's attempted assassination.
to be added
Amends and Return to Family Life
to be added
To be added
- Master Hacker: Micro is a highly skilled hacker as he is one of the members of the Rising Tide hacktivist group.
- Tactician: Micro has used his hacking ability as well as his knowledge of some technological gadgets to strategize thought-out plans while working alongside Castle. He has also constructed and executed a "fake-death" plan with Madani, so that he could be reunited with Sarah and his children.
- Firearm: In Micro's Hideout, he has a hidden weapon underneath his central desk. Micro initially wields this when the situation needs it; the weapon is a fake, however. Frank Castle managed to remove it upon strapping Micro down and, eventually, replaces it with a real, functional handgun.
- Cellphone: Micro tends to utilize the use of cellular devices to communicate with Castle.
- UAV/Drone: During their search for Gunner Henderson, Micro made use of a multi spectrum aerial drone to survey the wooded areas where he and Castle were located, especially when soldiers were confronting them.
|Appearances for David Lieberman|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, David Linus Lieberman, also called Microchip, was the hacker and armorer of the Punisher, who eventually became his enemy.
Behind the Scenes
- Micro in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Wayne Knight.
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe's version of Micro is partially based on Edward Snowden, a former member of the CIA and NSA's consultant, who fled from the United States after he exposed of many global surveillance programs of the agency.