- "This is my very good friend Miek. He is an insect and has knives for hands."
Miek is a Sakaaran insectoid warrior who had been forced to fight in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions with his own robotic exoskeleton. Having been freed from the Grandmaster's prison, Meik had fought alongside Thor and Korg and joined the Asgardian people in their journey to Earth after the Destruction of Asgard.
Miek lost most of his body, with only his torso and head remaining. He was outfitted with a robotic exoskeleton and was placed in the Contest of Champions where he met the Kronan warrior Korg, who he became friends with.
When the Asgardian prince Thor was thrown into the Contest of Champions, Miek greeted him with Korg, showing off his exoskeleton's blades proudly. When Loki visited Thor in the gladiator's quarters, Miek joined Korg in trying to get rid of Loki, believing he was a ghost. Miek witnessed Thor's duel with the Hulk, joining in with the chant supporting Thor.
- "Is that some sort of protoplasm, all the stuff that's coming out of you, or are they eggs? Looks like eggs."
- ―Korg to Miek
While Miek was casually waiting for the next fights with his friend Korg, Valkyrie stormed the gladiators' quarters and provided Korg with a weapon, initiating the Sakaaran Rebellion. Miek fought alongside his fellow gladiators against the Sakaaran Guards and they ultimately reached the Grandmaster's garage. After accepting Loki as their leader, Miek and the other rebels seized the Statesman and flew it to Asgard.
The Statesman ultimately arrived near Asgard's Rainbow Bridge. Miek got off the spaceship with his fellow rebels and began attacking Hela's Berserkers so that the Asgardians could escape the Goddess of Death's tyrannical rule. Miek successfully defeated several Berserkers, but was eventually accidentally stomped by Korg, which knocked him unconscious. Believing him to be dead, Korg felt sorry for the loss of his friend and took his body on the Statesman while it escaped the planet.
Joining the Asgardians
Following the battle, Korg kept carrying Miek's body with him as they had made their escape. When Thor decided to lead his people to a new home, he asked Miek where he was from. Although Korg told Thor that Miek was dead, the Sakaaran regained consciousness. Miek stayed in the Statesman which was directed to Earth.
Miek is very eager and skilled with his blades, and he is willing to demonstrate his talents whenever possible. Miek also seems to be mute since he does not speak throughout his encounters with Thor. He has formed a close friendship with his fellow gladiator Korg, as the two are inseparable, even when Korg thought he had accidentally killed Miek.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Miek has a superhuman strength, which allowed him to defeat multiple Berserkers in battle.
- Superhuman Agility: With the aid of his exoskeleton, Miek can preform incredibly agile movements.
- Combatant: Miek is a proficient combatant, for he survives many gladiatorial matches in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions and was able to defeat many Berserkers thanks to his blades.
- Exoskeleton: As Miek only has a head and torso for a body, he was provided with an exoskeleton armed with blades which enables him to move and attack extremely quickly.
- In the comics, Miek is an ally of Hulk in the Sakaar arena, who later tries to manipulate him into destroying Earth.
Behind the Scenes
- Kevin Feige stated that Korg and Miek will return in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Thor: Ragnarok, and he discussed about a One-Shot about the two characters.