Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I work for the State Department, human resources. I know it's boring. But it enabled me to raise a son. I'm very proud of who he grew up to be. His name was Charlie Spencer. You murdered him, in Sokovia. Not that that matters in the least to you. You think you fight for us? You just fight for yourself. Who's going to avenge my son, Stark? He's dead, and I blame you."
- ―Miriam Sharpe to Tony Stark
Miriam Sharpe is a woman whose son was killed during the Battle of Sokovia. She later confronted Tony Stark, whom she blamed for his death, and forced him to rethink his views on the actions of the Avengers, eventually signing the Sokovia Accords.
Losing a Son
Miriam Sharpe spent her career working for the human resources department of the State Department while also raising her son Charlie Spencer. Sharpes' son decided that he would spend his summer before beginning work as a computer programmer going overseas to Sokovia to build houses for the underprivileged living there. However while he was there, Ultron had a long battle against the Avengers, during which Spencer was killed when a building was dropped on top of him. Sharpe was heartbroken but turned her pain into great anger, aimed towards the Avengers who she held responsible for her son's tragic death.
Confronting Tony Stark
Sharpe tracked down Tony Stark, the creator of Ultron, who was giving a speech at MIT about his new invention called B.A.R.F.. Sharpe found Stark in the downstairs corridor waiting for his elevator, who then commented on his recent presentation. Sharpe attempted to reach for a weapon in her purse to commit suicide, but Stark prevented her from doing so. Now engaged in conversation with him, she eventually pulled out a photograph of her son and explained that he had been killed during the Battle of Sokovia, announcing that she held him and the Avengers responsible for his death.
- Charlie Spencer † - Son
- In the comics, Miriam Sharpe was the mother of Damien Sharpe, one of the boys that died in the explosion of Stamford, Connecticut, that started the Civil War. She managed to change Tony Stark's views on the Superhuman Registration Law by giving Stark her son's favorite toy, an Iron Man action figure, and became an advocate of Iron Man's stance on the law.
Behind the Scenes
- The scene of the confrontation beetween Miriam Sharpe and Tony Stark was inspired from the confrontation beetween Mrs. Kinter and Martin Brody in the 1975 movie Jaws.
- Alfre Woodard was cast as Miriam Sharpe at the suggestion of Robert Downey, Jr., and this was done prior to her casting as Mariah Dillard in Luke Cage.