Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong. She is the daughter of the late Alice and Gene Hernandez, the adopted daughter of Dale and Stacey Yorkes, and the adoptive sister of Gert Yorkes. Molly is an enhanced human with the power of super-strength, a power she presumably gained after being exposed to a mysterious type of rocks prior to and during the explosion that killed her biological parents when she was a child.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Molly developed superhuman strength, presumably a result of coming in contact with a mysterious rock during her childhood. Though she started manifesting physical characteristics of this change immediately after the explosion that killed her parents (specifically, a reddish glow emanating from under the skin around her eyes and a bright golden-orange limbral ring around her irises), her powers did not start to develop until she reached puberty. In moments of great stress, tension, or other heightened emotions, her eyes begin to glow and her physical strength increases to superhuman levels.
- Since reaching puberty, Molly has demonstrated the power to easily crush a metal bench in her hands, lift a large SUV off of the ground, push a Volkswagon bus and another SUV for a considerable distance, rip a toilet that had been bolted to the floor up into the air, wrench a set of bars in a public bathroom from the windows (and taking quite a bit of the brick wall surrounding it as well), and push open a large set of locked wood and concrete doors, the latter of which was a feat that the other five Runaways were previously unable to accomplish with their combined strength. The upper limits of her powers are not yet known.
- Multilingualism: Molly has demonstrated the ability speak both American English and Spanish.
- Dancing: Molly is a skilled street dancer and would have made the dance team at Atlas Academy had she not been stricken by severe menstrual cramps and the manifestation of her powers during her tryouts.
- Overuse of Powers: When Molly overexerts herself while using her superhuman strength, she becomes so exhausted that she is prone to falling asleep wherever she is, though her tolerance to using her powers and the side effects have grown since her powers first manifested. The first few times she used her powers to move large vehicles, she passed out almost immediately afterward, whereas her most recent uses of powers have only made her a little sleepy, suggesting that this may be a phase that she will eventually grow out of once she gains full control of her abilities.
|Appearances for Molly Hernandez|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Molly Hayes is the mutant daughter of Gene and Alice Hayes who develops superhuman strength. After running away from her parents, she takes the alias Bruiser, but later changes it to Princess Powerful.
Behind the Scenes
- Michelle Jubilee Gonzalez and Whitney Ortega were stunt doubles for Allegra Acosta in the role of Molly Hernandez.