- She was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Choice Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy for her work on Thor: The Dark World.
- Natalie Portman was considered for the role of Black Widow in Iron Man 2.
- The storyline when Jane Foster was taken to Asgard was added to the film so that Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins could share a scene together.
- Natalie Portman previously worked with Stellan Skarsgård in Goya's Ghosts.
- Natalie Portman previously worked with Samuel L. Jackson in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.