|Movie||Guardians of the Galaxy|
|Comic||Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude|
|Portrayed by||Karen Gillan|
Raised in the service of the interplanetary warlord, Thanos, Nebula trained to be a Galaxy-Class Killer under the tutelage of Ronan the Accuser. Nebula would often train alongside fellow Thanos devotee Gamora and Korath.
One training scenario on the arboreal world of Dervani saw Nebula and Gamora pitched against each other in a competition to retrieve a data ingot for Ronan. The girls sparred on the surface, leading to Gamora throwing Nebula of a cliff, severely injuring her and requiring multiple cybernetic replacements.
Upon reaching adulthood, Nebula and Gamora served Thanos under the command of Korath the Pursuer. On a mission to locate the Orb on the planet Praxius IX, inside of one of the Cloud Tombs of Praxius, Nebula went in without waiting for Gamora and fell into a trap. Ensnared by an impenetrable Laser Thorn Energy Net, Nebula found herself at the mercy of the inhabitants and needed to be rescued by Gamora.
Never one to tolerate failure, Thanos ordered Gamora to leave Nebula behind, with only a sharp blade to free herself. Nebula was forced to amputate her own arm in order to escape the netting.The Other called Nebula and Ronan to the Sanctuary to discuss this turn of events with Thanos. Nebula, Ronan, and Korath continued to search for the Orb, until they recovered it during the Skirmish on Knowhere. When Ronan betrayed Thanos and said he would kill him, Nebula took Ronan's side, revealing to Ronan that she hated Thanos and that she would help him destroy a thousand planets if Ronan killed Thanos for her. During the Battle of Xandar, Gamora fought Nebula, knocking her into a hole in the Dark Aster and leaving Nebula hanging onto the edge of the hole. Gamora tried to save her and convince her to fight against Ronan, but Nebula cut off her mechanical hand and fell, landing on top of a Ravager's M-ship. She threw the pilot out and flew the ship away from the battle.
Nebula is cruel, bitter, jealous, and temperamental.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
In her early years under Thanos' wing, Nebula received various critical injuries that required her to endure extensive cybernetic augmentation.
- Implant on left side of head - This allows communication, both to receive and make messages. She used it to obtain a message that the Nova Corps where heading towards Knowhere, and by touching the same part, she could send a message to Ronan's army.
- Regenerative abilities - This ability is most likely caused by implants. After being thrown after Drax fired a blast at her from his cannon, her body had been crushed and mangled. She was able to re shape it back to its original form by snapping, either on purpose or the implants took over, her arms and jaw back into their normal place. She presumably also had to use minor healing abilities as the bones/skin may have been damaged, but she showed no ill effects afterwards.
Ever since she was a child, Nebula has trained extensively as an assassin under Thanos and Ronan. A master of armed and unarmed combat, Nebula has been seen using dagger-like weapons in battle which can be in a compacted knife form or can be extended to swords.
- Thanos - Enemy and Adoptive Father, Former Master
- Ronan the Accuser † - Instructor
- Korath the Pursuer † - Ally
- The Other † - Ally
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Enemies
- Nebula's appearance in the movie seems to be based more on her second incarnation from the comics.
- Nebula shows complete loyalty to Thanos most of the time, but also states that she would gladly destroy a thousand worlds if it meant Thanos would die.