Over 10 years ago, at Columbia University, Foggy Nelson and Matt Murdock became roommates. The two became the best of friends and, after graduation, went together to Landman and Zack to practice law, even sharing a storage closet that acted as their office. Eventually, Murdock convinced Nelson to leave the prestigious law firm to start the law practice they had discussed, Nelson and Murdock. Unknown to Nelson, Murdock would avenge the wronged at night.
Presently, Nelson now knows. Angry, hurt and tired, Nelson confronts Murdock on how he could be the masked vigilante and decides that he wants full disclosure from the man he called his best friend. All day, Murdock and Nelson discuss the past, Murdock's powers, and how his decisions have direct impacts on Nelson and Karen Page.
Ben Urich is in Metro-General Hospital visiting his wife Doris when he learns that the extension he requested was not approved. Ben cannot afford to put Doris in hospice care, so he decides that he must take her home. When Mitchell Ellison of the New York Bulletin offers Urich a better job, Urich tells him that he would consider it.
Meanwhile, Page is surprised when Urich comes to her office with a shoebox filled with all of his research on Wilson Fisk, citing that his wife's health demands are more important than this project. Page asks Urich to drive her to a hospice she would like him to see.
Meanwhile, Fisk gets ready for a fundraiser he is having. He had a meeting with Madame Gao that did not go well, so Fisk asks Leland Owlsley to speak to Gao and to assure her that all is well in the cartel. Owlsley though does agree with Gao that Fisk has changed since he has a woman in his life.
Page and Urich go to a high class hospice, where Page has tricked Urich into meeting Marlene Vistain, Fisk's mother. Vistain tells them repeatedly that Fisk did not mean to do what he did, piquing the reporter's interest.
At the fundraiser, Owlsley tells Fisk that he took care of everything. As the people drink the champagne, they collapse; the champagne was poisoned, and Marianna was one of the drinkers.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Toby Leonard Moore as James Wesley
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich
- Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsley
- Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk
- Phyllis Somerville as Marlene Vistain
- Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao
- Geoffrey Cantor as Mitchell Ellison
- Susan Varon as Josie
- Suzanne H. Smart as Shirley Benson
- Adriane Lenox as Doris Urich
- Jonathan Walker as Senator Randolph Cherryh
- Richard Bekins as Parish Landman
- Dave T. Koenig as Lawyer
- Tom Knutson as Sick Man
- John Tobias as Elderly Man
- Luis Moreno as Male Attendant
- Christopher Parker as Abusive Dad (uncredited)
- Doris McCarthy as Upscale Gala Guest (uncredited)
- Lynette Scire as Upscale Banquet Couple (uncredited)
- Steve Ferrarie as Upscale Banquet Couple (uncredited)
- Joy Bridenbaker as Upscale Gala Banquet Guest Attendee (uncredited)
- Isabelle Fretheim as Gala Victim (uncredited)
- Odette Warder Henderson as Paralegal (uncredited)
- Sabrina Iacobellis as Party Guest (uncredited)
- Lynn Marocola as Bar Patron (uncredited)
- Justin Michael Woods as Court Officer (uncredited)
- Roy Phillips as Bar Patron (uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- Matt Murdock's Apartment
- Nelson and Murdock Law Office
- Metro-General Hospital
- New York Bulletin Building
- Wilson Fisk's Penthouse
- Van Lunt Building
- Columbia University (flashback)
- Landman and Zack Building (flashback)
- Josie's Bar (flashback)
- Saint Agnes Orphanage (mentioned)
- 15th Precinct Police Station (mentioned)
- Pier 81 Warehouse (mentioned)
- Saint Bénézet Retirement Care
- Londonderry, New Hampshire (mentioned)
- Fundraiser at the Van Lunt Building
- Duel at Pier 81 (mentioned)
- Duel of Harlem (mentioned; newspaper headline)
- Battle of New York (mentioned; newspaper headline)
To be added
To be added
- Claire Temple
- Jack Murdock
- Nobu Yoshioka
- Lee Owlsley
- Sergeant Brett Mahoney
- Junkie Jake
- Elena Cardenas
- Arthur Vistain
- Bill Fisk
- Cornelius van Lunt
- Elektra (indirect)
- Thurgood Marshall
- Mother Teresa
- Top Gun
- Kung Fu
- Star Wars
- Foggy Nelson and Matt Murdock mention a Greek girl whom the latter used to date. This is a reference to Elektra.
- Ben Urich's articles on the Duel of Harlem and the Battle of New York are seen framed on the wall of his office.
- The back of Nelson & Murdock's office door from 27:25 - 27:30 includes a nod to Atlas.
|Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)||Train|
|Broken Hymn||Brett Detar|