In November 2013, Netflix and Marvel Television announced a five-season deal for four Marvel Super Heroes: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The deal involves the broadcast of four 13-episode seasons that culminate in a mini-series called The Defenders. Broadcasting began on April 10, 2015 with Daredevil.
Other Marvel Cinematic Universe Productions
In additon to the original Marvel programing, Netflix also streams reruns of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as part of their service. It also streamed The Avengers for a brief time. As of 2016, this streaming service will have all exclusive streaming rights to Disney productions which includes the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and currently streams Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Netflix currently broadcasts House of Cards, which previously starred Kate Mara, Corey Stoll, Constance Zimmer, Mahershala Ali, Curtiss Cook and Colm Feore.
- Netflix currently broadcasts Orange Is the New Black, which stars Selenis Leyva.
- Netflix currently broadcasts Bloodline, which stars Linda Cardellini.
- Netflix currently broadcasts Narcos, which stars Juan Pablo Raba and Shea Whigham.
- Netflix previously broadcast Hemlock Grove, which starred Camille De Pazzis.
- Netflix previously broadcast Marco Polo, which starred Benedict Wong, Claudia Kim and Chin Han.
- During January 1, 2016, the Netflix Twitter account was taken over by "Jessica Jones."
- Daredevil Season 1, Jessica Jones Season 1, Daredevil Season 2, Luke Cage Season 1, The Defenders Season 1, and The Punisher Season 1 have all featured references to Star Wars. Jessica Henwick, who plays Colleen Wing, portrayed Jessika Pava in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.