- "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we all know that this city needs help. It needs it now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not when the day comes that the corruption Wilson Fisk left in his wake is flushed out for good and the police force is finally back on its feet. We need it now, because this city has been sick. And the cops, they can't fix it alone. They need – we all need – men and women willing to take the fight themselves. The kind of people who risk their lives so we can all walk safe at night in our own neighborhoods. The ones our esteemed District Attorney is trying so hard to destroy. New York needs these people. We need heroes."
- ―Matt Murdock at Punisher's trial
The New York City Police Department, often shortened as NYPD, is the largest municipal police force in the United States of America, and the primary responsible for law enforcement and investigation within the five boroughs of New York City.
Upon arrival of the SSR agents Peggy Carter, Jack Thompson, and Daniel Sousa he explained to them that none of the forty-seven customers survived the massacre. He walked the agents through the police investigation of the patrons who had their heads bashed in and eyes gouged. He commented that the scene was as if a monster destroyed the place.
At a different section of the theater, Prendergast asked Sousa if the agents were accustomed to sights like this. Sousa assured them they are not and started to search for some clues.
While searching Sousa found the Midnight Oil canister and accidently inhaled some of the gas still inside. Under the influence of the gas Sousa attacked Thompson. He was eventually knocked out by the baton of a police officer.
Kidnapping of Officer Pike
Meanwhile at another part of town Officer Pike noticed a driver go trough a stop sign and decided to stop the car. Before approaching the car he left the policeradio within is his car loud enough to be heard. Pike explained the young lady driving the car why he had stopped her and told her that she was lucky that she did not have an accident. After hearing her reaction he decided to allow them to leave.
As he walked back to his vehicle Pike heard that a car fitting the description of the one he just stopped was stolen near the massacre at the movie theater. He then decided to turn around to return to the driver, only to find her pointing a gun at her.
Matt Murdock, the victim's son, arrived at the place, and while Officer Peters tried to prevent Matt from entering, his colleague realized that Matt was blind, and let them enter upon hearing Matt that the man that had just been killed may be his father.
To be added
To be added
When above New York City a portal opened that allowed the Chitauri to enter Earth the New York City Police Department quickly reacted by sending their officers in order to help. The officered opened fire at Chitauri soldiers as they flew overhead on chariots, to no effect. Captain America took command of the NYPD, ordering them to set up a perimeter down to 39th Street and evacuate buildings with civilians in them. They were later assited by the National Guard during the battle and with the evacuation of civilians in the area. Many officers died during the battle against the Chitauri.
To be added
|Corbin||Police Officer||0787||In Custody|
|Ray Peters||Police Officer||8417||Alive|
|Clyde Farnum||Prison Guard||Deceased|
- 15th Precinct Police Station - Police Station of Hell's Kitchen
- 29th Precinct Police Station - Police Station of Harlem
- 31st Precinct Police Station
- Northeastern Correctional Facility
|Appearances for New York City Police Department|
In chronological order: