Nicole Perlman wrote the first draft of Guardians of the Galaxy which was later re-written by director James Gunn. She co-wrote the original draft of Captain Marvel with Meg LeFauve, although both she and LeFauve were replaced by Geneva Robertson-Dworet.
She was interviewed for the documentary Marvel 75 Years: From Pulp to Pop.
- Together with James Gunn, she was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Writing for her work on Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Together with James Gunn, she was nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his work on Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Perlman wrote a treatment for a Black Widow movie around 2010/2011.
- She is writing a Gamora series for Marvel Comics.
- Coincidentally, Perlman is high school friends with G. Willow Wilson, co-creator of the Kamala Khan version of Ms. Marvel.